Thread: Best RS6 Avant Manual ECU Company ?

Best RS6 Avant Manual ECU Company ?

Guys, it is finally time to put a manual trans in my RS6. I have kept an eye on the last year's worth of posts and done a search. But, I would like to take a pole of who is the best company to do the ECU. Besides the auto trans delete I have no problem "chipping" it up. It is a Euro spec ECU and I understand the original owner had an MTM??? 515hp tune but that is a bit of speculation at this point. The ECU has not been removed yet.

I have a pretty good idea who the best company is but I figured time to stir up a bit of controversial opinions.

Also, the car only has 15K on it so if someone needs a low mile auto trans this should have plenty of life left in it.

Thanks,
    Rick

AMD, AMD, and AMD...or find Daz Dillinger. Parts from SteveKen. That's all that comes to mind...

You're in Europe right? Shipping would be a bitch on that trans.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Thanks, lswing. I already have Steve's kit and all the parts for the conversion. Located in SE Michigan.

Came in to say the exact same thing as lswing! AMD and/or Daz (ddillenger on forums).

One thing I would check is to see if the MTM ECU is a flash or do they change the chip like APR? If it is a chip of their own they in may not be possible to reflash it depending on the securities on the chip? Someone here should know the answer though. I'd also say AMD.
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

Quote Originally Posted by essexmetal View Post
    Thanks, lswing. I already have Steve's kit and all the parts for the conversion. Located in SE Michigan.
    Nice, update your profile when you can. So the car is stock at 15k on the odometer? And you're 6-speed swapping it? Also you stated Avant in the title, that's wagon, why I assumed Europe. Saloon is the sedan.

How much for the trans? Last 6 of your VIN?
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Quote Originally Posted by lswing View Post
    Nice, update your profile when you can. So the car is stock at 15k on the odometer? And you're 6-speed swapping it? Also you stated Avant in the title, that's wagon, why I assumed Europe. Saloon is the sedan.

How much for the trans? Last 6 of your VIN?
    It's the shokan avant
    2004 Sportec RS600 + 6MT + e85
    Fastest RS6 in the USA

Quote Originally Posted by Corbett View Post
    It's the shokan avant
    Sweet! Well he better get the special avant tune then

Yes the car is the Shokan Avant. They got it with about 7k on it, put about 7K on it over their ownership and I have put about 1k on it over the past couple of years. This thing has spent most of its life parked. Like all of us I would like the car to be able to keep a new high output American car honest, but I don't want a monster. I have done that with some of my other cars and I need to have one "grand touring" car that can do some cross country trips. Does not hurt to be able to haul some antiques in the back as well.

Thanks for the input on the ECU shop. Could someone either post or PM me Daz's email. Search did not turn that up for me.
    Rick

PM sent ^