Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: hey guys, new member here doing c5 rs6 manual swap cheep way, do need help

Hmmmmm.....
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

Listen to the end of the video, at the end he says 478, 550 or something like that, which must be whp and sounds like what every other manual car with a tune makes. I seem to recall mine making 480/575ish on a mustang dyno...

All the "I'm gonna get my car to make 6xx whp" are going to come running, yelling I told you so...

Watch the dyno RPM"s and listen....they pulled right to valve float...

Looks like a good tune. AFR from the chart (hard to read) looked good. Boost tapers from a high of 17~18psi down to much lower at the Redline. Yea, that was definitely crank HP conversion as ttboost said, the guy said 478BHP and 550'ish Tq. Gonna make a little more of everything on a Manual car due to less driveline losses. Anything else done to the engine? Looks like a very good start. Now lets see those charts posted up here and what brand of Dyno were you on?
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

Quote Originally Posted by lswing View Post
    Thats all Dyno type, are these calculated engine hp? Seems a bit much unless you've done other work. I'm sure the numbers are good, but Dyno numbers without info seems more like boasting for a high number and not the real power numbers. If this was a calibrated mustang Dyno you could be 50-75 lower on those numbers, I'm sure you realize this.

Just trying to keep things realistic. Love the build and hard work!
    I thought I made pretty clear, if not my apologies car made 489whp 554wtq at 18 psi and obviously at the top boost was tapering off, I did use .25 % formula for drive line loss. And btw my previous car got tuned on mustang dyno at EPL, and later on on efiexpress one. And nr were pretty much acsact

Quote Originally Posted by rs2crow View Post
    I thought I made pretty clear, if not my apologies car made 489whp 554wtq at 18 psi and obviously at the top boost was tapering off, I did use .25 % formula for drive line loss. And btw my previous car got tuned on mustang dyno at EPL, and later on on efiexpress one. And nr were pretty much acsact
    Aha, thanks for clarifying! I didn't catch the language in the video. Wouldn't your manual be more like .15% loss, auto estimated at .20% and its less efficient.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Every Dyno is different as well as one AWD model to the next but I've heard mention that some Audi Tuners used 20% for a Manual Quattro and 25% for an Automatic. Now the newer automatics are much more efficient than the 5HP24, even with the C5 RS6's it is probably closer to 2~4% between Manual to Auto I would think. You still have the same 3 differentials adding drag, only the tranny (Manual) is less.
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

having some fun today https://youtu.be/DcjU2_A-YGo and actually every day
    Last edited by rs2crow; February 7th, 2016 at 01:15.

still curious on how this car will be inspected with MA plates... or are you not planning on keep in MA?
    RS6 904747 | Daytona - Black | 10SecTune | Milltek Cat Back | Gutt'd DPs | trans tune | OEM RS4 wheels

Quote Originally Posted by urs6ville View Post
    still curious on how this car will be inspected with MA plates... or are you not planning on keep in MA?
    im good for a year, got new sticker before the swap ;D, next year i will flash car back to AT software right at the inspection station and will force readiness right on a spot, and at that point 2 monitors will be allowed to be not ready, and yeah cluster will be like Christmas tree ;D but none of the lights r safety related and 2018 car will be safety only

not talking about emissions... figured you had that sorted out. I mean the 6 speed. They have been flagging cars that are supposed to be AUTO and have been converted to 6sp in MA for the MAC..... been discussed on this board... quite the pain in the a$$. visual inspection -> fail.

hoping it doesn't happen to you... but it has happened to others.
    RS6 904747 | Daytona - Black | 10SecTune | Milltek Cat Back | Gutt'd DPs | trans tune | OEM RS4 wheels

not talking about emissions... figured you had that sorted out. I mean the 6 speed. They have been flagging cars that are supposed to be AUTO and have been converted to 6sp in MA for the MAC..... been discussed on this board... quite the pain in the a$$. visual inspection -> fail.

hoping it doesn't happen to you... but it has happened to others.
    sorry misunderstood you, the guy who those your yearly ma inspection usually those not give a flying bird about that funny looking shifter in there and yeah you should never go to just random place to get your suppose illegal car inspected... Chit hits the fan when he plugs his computer to your car, it gets flagged due to European software, what results you get sent to MAC, (been there with my ex truck ;D because i did have some funny soft in my ecu) at that point yes sir you r totally "fucted" ;D, because person there actually can tell difference between AT and MT shift knob and his job is to make sure all the manufacture systems r present and do work as promised

They have been flagging cars that are supposed to be AUTO and have been converted to 6sp in MA for the MAC.....
    Seriously? Good grief, why do they care? I'm glad my state has no ridiculous inspections. Just pay my $35 and get my tabs in the mail.