Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: hey guys, new member here doing c5 rs6 manual swap cheep way, do need help

hey guys, new member here doing c5 rs6 manual swap cheep way, do need help

hi everyone ;D no crazy $$ adapter plates etc. that said, stuff looks pretty straight forwards, except... got FW from clutch masters (nice piece btw) 60-2 looks right on, dose any knows should i use at spacer?? at the same time got sb 4+extreme clutch kit. Relay would like to see how u guys did make starter to work

Quote Originally Posted by rs2crow View Post
    hi everyone ;D no crazy $$ adapter plates etc. that said, stuff looks pretty straight forwards, except... got FW from clutch masters (nice piece btw) 60-2 looks right on, dose any knows should i use at spacer?? at the same time got sb 4+extreme clutch kit. Relay would like to see how u guys did make starter to work
    Just my two cents but I can't imagine doing it without stevekens kit. It would have taken so much longer. Definitely doable but compound the headaches involved. Hard enough as it is and I don't know you save a ton more having to mess with fitment and fabrication yourself. Get it clocked even slightly wrong and you are going to be dropping it all and and starting over.

You have to mill the block slightly & drill new holes to properly mount the starter.
    My car doesn't have any spacer between tranny and the block, but I'm running early V8 flywheel, not the clutchmasters one.

Welcome, and good luck! Please type with caps, punctuation, and somewhat correct spelling.

You should really consider spending a bit more $ now to have everything right. Not much on this car is cheap anyhow, plenty of other parts that can cost a good amount.

Update your location in your profile, helps in general.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

What's "cheep way"? Is that a brand of adapter plate?

I wasn't aware you could do a 6spd swap without Steve's kit. I wouldn't even consider doing it without, but I don't have the fabrication skills either.

Get the kit, do it right. Thus isn't a vtech swapped Honda. The RS6 deserves better.
    -Mike-
    03 RS6 Mugello/Ivory #905565
    01 S4 Casa/sport/6spd

Cheep way? Cheapest way is to buy an already swapped car. They're out there and you'll be money ahead, not to mention less headaches, to buy one that's done and sorted.

I understand the desire to get one done for cheap, and if you have skills and lots of free time you might be able to do it. I wish you the best of luck.
    2001 S4 Avant 6mt: AMD tuned, Stasis Streetsports.
    2003 RS6 Sedan 6mt: AMD tuned, 515awhp/635awtq, PSS9's, 4:1 Diff
    2006 Carrera S 6mt: EvoMS tuned, Sharkwerkes Exhaust, Numeric shifter, Fuchs Reps

Quote Originally Posted by Avus-RS6 View Post
    Cheep way? Cheapest way is to buy an already swapped car. They're out there and you'll be money ahead, not to mention less headaches, to buy one that's done and sorted.

I understand the desire to get one done for cheap, and if you have skills and lots of free time you might be able to do it. I wish you the best of luck.
    seconded
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ScruffySeconded.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	10.7 KB 
ID:	16935  
    #905530 - Brilliant Black on Ebony. Sorted, running strong, ready for a new owner.
    No, I am not the board admin - that's Erik (from Sweden), I'm Other_Erik (from the US)

Hey! Sorry to high jack a thread but can anyone point me in the right direction of the adaptor plate! Also links to flywheel and clutch setups... Would love to be the only if not one of only few rs6 manual avants in the uk! Thanks in advance !

Quote Originally Posted by Bowers155 View Post
    Hey! Sorry to high jack a thread but can anyone point me in the right direction of the adaptor plate! Also links to flywheel and clutch setups... Would love to be the only if not one of only few rs6 manual avants in the uk! Thanks in advance !
    User SteveKen on here, will set you up right!
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

One of the Manual conversion threads. There is also another with a clutch comparison.
    http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/26...ght=TDI+manual
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

Quote Originally Posted by rs2crow View Post
    Something is not quite right here...
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

http://youtu.be/iO1NigcUD9I
    she is up and running

Nice...congrats. All tuned?

It has generic 19psi tune right now, will go to dyno next weekend wooi

Impressive work. Nice video too!

RS2Crow, you did that swap in less than one month from start to finish? WHAT? That's amazing. Or perhaps you were well underway with the conversion before your first post?

You asked about the starter? What did you end up doing to make the start fit in? Do you have any photos from the conversion?

One month! that's fast! And the video is amazing but TOO DAM SHORT, get some more footage of the car up on YouTube! LOL.

Mike
    '18 BMW M5, '19 Porsche Boxster GTS
    (prior '94 325is, '97 M3, '00 A6 4.2,'03 RS6,'08 A4 Cab,'13 A8L,'15 Q7,'16 BMW M2,

Quote Originally Posted by Aronis View Post
    RS2Crow, you did that swap in less than one month from start to finish? WHAT? That's amazing. Or perhaps you were well underway with the conversion before your first post?

You asked about the starter? What did you end up doing to make the start fit in? Do you have any photos from the conversion?

One month! that's fast! And the video is amazing but TOO DAM SHORT, get some more footage of the car up on YouTube! LOL.

Mike
    actualy I did it one week engine was sitting on shops table for 3weeks, it did take me some time to gather parts together, and I had some issues with one of the turbos, which got replaced by good used unit. Not ideal but SRM was not able pull true with billet turbos etc. I do have some picks, got to find time to post them up