Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Computer remap of choice?

Computer remap of choice?

So since I installed my boost gauge I can now see the tune I have is a bit..... mellow. Only see 10psi max and hovers around 9-9.3 at WOT around 4500RPM in 3rd. I have read that GIAC tends to run the cars lean and I can see APR isn't what they used to be. So whats the best tune to get now since every year it seems to change?
    2014 S8 - Daytona Gray Pearl Effect, APR Stage 2 Tune, APR downpipes

After speaking to a few places I think I will try the AMD guys. Guy seemed really knowledgeable and said I can get 450ish at the wheels with 500tq.

Dang, thought the car was pretty quick already. This should be a lot of fun. Gonna have them do the TCU as well.

Sounds like you're practically stock. You can get around 425HP at 450TQ at the wheels with a good tune and stock exhaust. If you've got open or high flow cats should allow for ~20 more of each. You'll practically need the water meth at this point with the Texas heat. Enjoy bringing the car to life!
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

After speaking to a few places it seems the tune is stock. I thought it had a tune because I know the GPS has read 172 before but he did say a lot of them could do 174 stock. So much for the gentlemans agreement of 155. LOL Looking around here and other sites people claim 8-12 psi is stock so since I am in the middle.....
    I am even more impressed with the car now. Its put a hurting on some cars i wouldnt have eve tried had I known it was stock. Cant wait for the tune.

And yes, high flow cats and exhaust. With the exhaust and fresh TC is why AMD believes his 450/500 whp tune would be optimal. He was first suggesting the 450/450 tune until I told him about the exhaust and TC.
    Cant wait to hear those turbos sing their 18psi song!

Nice! Heard from many that 8-9 psi is stock. You're driving a slow car at this point

AMD should be a top choice. I'd say BS on the TC though, either they work or not, but a newer one can handle more power, but has nothing to do with how much power can be produced. The heat will knock you a good 20-50 HP depending on the season. My car was incredibly fast in Oregon, not as much in Texas, but winter or 70 degree nights and it felt fairly good down there.

I looked into CO2 spray systems to cool the ICs for max power, but that was until I started breaking transmissions at my current level and figured all was good. Easy to setup, push button spray freezes during heat soak times, perfect I think.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Never said the TC made HP. Since it is a new TC he said he can send me the "hotter" tune. But if you are breaking trannies at 421/452 I am not sure I want 450/500.

I do plan on SMR intercoolers and an AEM meth system next year.

Viper Tune and straight pipes exhaust game me 438 to the wheels. Did to tq because it was a dyno day and they couldn't hook something up right on any Audis there to get TQ measured. I've heard someone with Marc's tune threw down I wanna say 515ish to the wheels with 556tq. Tune exhaust and meth kit. Never saw the dyno sheet tho lol
    2003 RS6//Fully Adjustable Suspension//VIPER ECU&TCU//Daytona Gray-Black
    Fully straight piped from the turbos to tips!
    Apikol Intake and D.O. Dual Nozzle Stage 2 Meth Kit

I have been waiting 3 months for the data log?

I have 4 flashed ecu's sitting out in the garage....hmmmm 47 degrees tomorrow morning. I may need to get one of my RS6s out to play

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    I have been waiting 3 months for the data log?

I have 4 flashed ecu's sitting out in the garage....hmmmm 47 degrees tomorrow morning. I may need to get one of my RS6s out to play
    Unfortunatly life happens. LOL I also cant seem to get my hands on a borrowed Vagcom so i guess i will just buy one since they are so cheap anyway. At any rate the gauge shows I am at stock tune levels and i really want to change it. As luck would have it this time of year is my slow season so i cant really drop the cash on a tune right now. I can in January or February though. I dont want to do a suedo agressive tune without the trans tune and thats $1250 with AMD. I will call the guy in Houston with Eurocharged tomorrow and see what their tune has to offer and if they do TCUs as well.

So about the 4 you have, whats up?

Quote Originally Posted by LaserSVT View Post
    Unfortunatly life happens. LOL I also cant seem to get my hands on a borrowed Vagcom so i guess i will just buy one since they are so cheap anyway. At any rate the gauge shows I am at stock tune levels and i really want to change it. As luck would have it this time of year is my slow season so i cant really drop the cash on a tune right now. I can in January or February though. I dont want to do a suedo agressive tune without the trans tune and thats $1250 with AMD. I will call the guy in Houston with Eurocharged tomorrow and see what their tune has to offer and if they do TCUs as well.

So about the 4 you have, whats up?

I will be traveling from Fort Worth to San Antonio the first week of December. I will loan you my Vagcom. I will go through Waco on Monday and I will come back home on Thursday. That should give you enough time to run some logs. If your interested send me your number in a pm.
    #1 RS6 Mugello/Silver, RNS-E, Revo Tune, Sold. #2 RS6 Avus Silver/Silver, SE Exhaust. 08 Suburban LTZ 4x4. 09 Cadillac CTS-V 670 hp. Sold. 2000 BMW Z3M Roadster Dinan Supercharged, 2008 BM3 m3 Coupe, 2011 BMW M3 sedan, 1990 Spec Miata.

Thats awfully kind of you sir.

Check out 034 Motorsports also. They've been working on the tune with some good reviews, and have a reasonably priced TCU tune also. AMD is asking for way too much, $1,250 for a TCU tune that most companies sell for $500. Eurocharged is also a good option for the ECU at least. Viper seems great if you can get in touch with them, but same could be said for AMD.

https://store.034motorsport.com/blog...tware-tip-chip

Yes, if I were to do another 200 runs at 0-80 WOT I'm guessing the current trans would break too, it's just a lot of torque!!! I manage my shifting much better these days and keep the fingers crossed. I also am almost sure that it shifts crisper when in Sport as compared to manual, no clue why, maybe it's just the computer chooses a better shift point so it feels crisper.

Quote Originally Posted by lswing View Post
    Check out 034 Motorsports also. They've been working on the tune with some good reviews, and have a reasonably priced TCU tune also. AMD is asking for way too much, $1,250 for a TCU tune that most companies sell for $500. Eurocharged is also a good option for the ECU at least. Viper seems great if you can get in touch with them, but same could be said for AMD.

https://store.034motorsport.com/blog...tware-tip-chip
    Agree w/ you on 034, AMD & Eurocharged...those are the three I'd be looking into as well. Any one who has 034 or AMD installed on their RS6 feel free to chime in...

My experience is w/ Eurocharged tune which I ran on my old car, see it on the dyno here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c674YphBhwg
    Current: Black Pearl Metallic Effect/Ebony, RNS-E, Euro + pedals, oCarbon, Hotchkiss Front & Rear Sway Bars, Koni Yellow's

I like AMD, I have the manual tune but would assume the automatic one would be just as good. I had eurocharged before (from the previous owner) and it seemed solid as well, slightly lower peak boost but still pulled very well. It did seem to run a bit rich at idle, but that's really the only issue I had with it.
    RS6 #1, 01E, 2.5" straight pipes, AMD Stage 1 6MT tune, 460awhp/530awtq on AMD's Mustang dyno. TOTALLED.. RS6 #2, Ebony Black Pearl on black/silver combination with carbon, up and running with 6 gears and AMD tune.

You are really great at misreading things. $1250 is tune AND trans tune. Their trans tune is $500. I don't mind paying $750 for a tune.

034 is $1450 with the tuner. I am waiting on a call back from them now.

Quote Originally Posted by LaserSVT View Post
    I dont want to do a suedo agressive tune without the trans tune and thats $1250 with AMD.
    Your words, ha!

AMD should be a good choice. I'm assuming you have to pull the ECU and ship it?

I think all TCU tunes are solder in a new chip, be careful, I lost one and $500 for another TCU once.

If you lose a TCU, just buy a TDI 01E instead...
    RS6 #1, 01E, 2.5" straight pipes, AMD Stage 1 6MT tune, 460awhp/530awtq on AMD's Mustang dyno. TOTALLED.. RS6 #2, Ebony Black Pearl on black/silver combination with carbon, up and running with 6 gears and AMD tune.

034 just shot me back a quote with a tuner and tuning both computers. Its a really good deal and pretty much the same price as AMD but with theirs (034) I get a hand held tuner which I kinda like. Much easier to make changes down the road when I do bigger turbos and intercoolers and meth.