Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Computer remap of choice?

AMD. You wont be disappointed.
    2001 S4 Avant 6mt: AMD tuned, Stasis Streetsports.
    2003 RS6 Sedan 6mt: AMD tuned, 515awhp/635awtq, PSS9's, 4:1 Diff
    2006 Carrera S 6mt: EvoMS tuned, Sharkwerkes Exhaust, Numeric shifter, Fuchs Reps

I have the 034 ECU and TCU tune. It has been nothing but awesome makes great power and no issues as of yet. I live in the nearby so their support has been great for me since they're local.
    Last edited by 415RS6; November 22nd, 2015 at 18:50.
    03 RS6 Avus Silver, Ebony Interior, 133K Mi, Yellow Koni's, Hotchkis Sway Bars, 0A3 6MT, Blake Beadle Custom Tune, Vin 905641

^^ Original trans? Late vin? 120k miles? And tuned??

Wtf do I know.

You know how not to respond to pointed questions.
    2014 S8 - Daytona Gray Pearl Effect, APR Stage 2 Tune, APR downpipes

Will 034 do a custom tune for you after you make changes? Knowing them they probably will but you may want to check on the availability and cost of them doing a custom tune.
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    ^^ Original trans? Late vin? 120k miles? And tuned??

Wtf do I know.
    I know that trans will be done in a year
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Quote Originally Posted by lswing View Post
    I know that trans will be done in a year
    I'm prepared for it been lucky so far...
    03 RS6 Avus Silver, Ebony Interior, 133K Mi, Yellow Koni's, Hotchkis Sway Bars, 0A3 6MT, Blake Beadle Custom Tune, Vin 905641

It might but has lasted 12 years and 120k so far.

415...I'am just poking some inside sarcasm at the board. We dont have "proof" as to the late vin transmission updates but evidence as shown correlation over and over again.

Agreed, it's all about how the car is driven. Repeated launches at WOT, along with extra torque from a tune, can kill a trans quick.

There sure do seem to be a lot of those later VIN cars that held up much better though. Add to that a corresponding update/fix to the TC Seal that could have been responsible for early trans failures, and you've got a point. Now if only someone had a spreadsheet tracking all of this, hmmmm
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Well two of the tuners I spoke to said they were more comfortable running a hotter tone (usually 40-50 more tq) knowing I had the updated TC and seal done vs it being an original one. That tells me something there.

I have the oct tune...i paid $2800 *shudder*....
    Always wonder if itd worth a few hundy for a different tune.... Was even considering e85 with bigger injectors.... But it was like $4k all in... Yikes...

I think I am going with the 034 setup with a 93 and 100 octane tune. Got excited because the site said you can tune the TCU with the hand held but it was a mistake. I will still get the handheld and can flash the tunes myself without yanking the ECU which I like and will allow for an easy change when I want to run race gas. Now I guess I have to put her back in the garrage and figure out the best way to remove the trans computer. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by LaserSVT View Post
    .Now I guess I have to put her back in the garrage and figure out the best way to remove the trans computer. LOL
    Front passenger foot well. Remove door sill and kick panel plastic trim. Wrestle carpet out of the way. Remove lid from box and unscrew TCU. Disconnect wire harness. Reverse to install. Shouldn't take more than 15-20mins.
    03 RS6 Avus/Ebony #905593 resurrected 6MT, 04 Avalanche Z71, 87 T-Bird Turbo Coupe (351W T5), 04 Aprilia RSVR Factory

Excellent! I thought it was under the carpet by the center console. saved me some headache. LOL

Anyone know if I can get away with removing it without disconnecting the battery? Normally I wouldnt even try but we have an audio competition next week and my deck loses its memories and it took a couple months to dial this tune in. Wouldnt be so bad with a normal stereo but I have over 200 parameters to adjust. LOL

Lost to a 612rwhp blown 5.0 GT last night. Not happy about it. Needs moar power. I was more surprised that the damn Mazda 3 was almost able to keep up. Hes making 340hp and is light as hell but it was 70 before I put any real lengths on him. Not one person would run from a dig though.

BTW, closed course in Mexico.