Thread: Looking for a temp bypass of the aux radiators

Looking for a temp bypass of the aux radiators

With the onset of cool weather in the desert....I would like to bypass the secondary radiators.

For those that have removed them...is there a simple way to loop a connection and bypass? I want to leave everything else intact because in 6 months i need those radiators again.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	26ae7a28-19f1-49ba-979b-5dd8a710a2da_zpscxfrriw9.jpg 
Views:	171 
Size:	45.1 KB 
ID:	16870

Do you leave this valve on the oe direction? Or flip the direction?

Name:  attachment-3.jpeg
Views: 324
Size:  1.9 KB

I just purchased similar hose at local car shop and plugged it in place where the radiators would normally go.
    Just make sure you get good clamps. My first approach I found that the bottom connection would leak a tiny bit, and had to remove the bumper again to redo it. You can use some sealant where the hose and the existing metal connectors join.

Dave I pulled mine off a while back and just looped it back in but I think it is reversed. I will have to check. Mine does not seem to bad with them off and sure cleans up things a little more. Seems would be a hassle to bypass and then go back.

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post

Name:	26ae7a28-19f1-49ba-979b-5dd8a710a2da_zpscxfrriw9.jpg 
Views:	171 
Size:	45.1 KB 
ID:	16870

Do you leave this valve on the oe direction? Or flip the direction?

Name:  attachment-3.jpeg
Views: 324
Size:  1.9 KB
    2003 Audi RS6 Avus blacked out headlights, emblems and tinted tails, 10 sec tune, K&N, gutted precats, deleted SAi, aux rad and sec cats, MTM TCU, Venair hoses, Miro 112 with 255/35/19, Odessy 925t. Soon to come meth injection and new brakes to slow it back down. :)

Yeah, I just need to know if you flipped that check valve? I see where you move the hose and bypass the aux cooler lines.

It gets 115 here in the summer. I need the extra coolers in the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by RKturbo View Post
    Dave I pulled mine off a while back and just looped it back in but I think it is reversed. I will have to check. Mine does not seem to bad with them off and sure cleans up things a little more. Seems would be a hassle to bypass and then go back.

I'm of the understanding that you need to keep the check valve oriented in the same direction as it is currently. I had a photo of this some time back, but it confused people because I tried to show which way you didn't want the fluid going vs. which way the arrow is on the valve. If you compare the two diagrams below, it is pretty clear to me that the arrow direction needs to match what's shown on the 2nd diagram that is attached below which is dumping fluid back in to the pipe leading to the T-stat housing - arrow pointing towards T-stat from the take-off point on the frame. I'm no Audi service tech, but I'd need a pretty good argument to convince me of a different orientation than this.

NO radiators

Name:	Aux bypass 1.jpg 
Views:	353 
Size:	40.6 KB 
ID:	16876

Aux radiators

Name:	Aux bypass 2.jpg 
Views:	315 
Size:	45.4 KB 
ID:	16877

Name:	aux rad hoses.jpg 
Views:	371 
Size:	112.5 KB 
ID:	16880
    Last edited by Bigglezworth; November 18th, 2015 at 06:05.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

You won't really get the full benefit until you remove the Aux radiators so the IC's can breath...unless you plan on doing that. Are you running W/M on one of the damn cars yet??? Speaking of cooling...
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Primary goal is remove heat soak.

Is there enough flow restriction? Hard to say but i need the added capacity 5 months of the year so the system must stay.

No w/m for me yet.

Quote Originally Posted by lswing View Post
    You won't really get the full benefit until you remove the Aux radiators so the IC's can breath...unless you plan on doing that. Are you running W/M on one of the damn cars yet??? Speaking of cooling...