Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good short but sweet article on Synthetic oils from PCA's website

Good short but sweet article on Synthetic oils from PCA's website

2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

MPT oil looks pretty good. I'm guessing a bunch of Porsche drivers use it?
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

The 996 will be having a transfusion soon...
    210K miles rolled

Interesting read. My new engine is still running the Joe Gibbs break in oil (BR30). But it is about to get its first drink of Synthetic this weekend.

^New engine? Tell us more
    210K miles rolled

Quote Originally Posted by MaxRS6 View Post
    ^New engine? Tell us more
    Nothing to tell, as it's non Audi related....don't want to get yelled at again for "bragging" about my inferior GM product... Just wanted to post my success with Joe Gibbs break-in oil. Awesome stuff.
    Last edited by ttboost; November 6th, 2015 at 12:36.

I could give a rats a$$ about non Audi content. Crap we all have a ton of experience to share and I enjoy reading it.

Anything you have to say...I am reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by ttboost View Post
    Nothing to tell, as it's non Audi related....don't want to get yelled at again for "bragging" about my inferior GM product... Just wanted t post my success with Joe Gibbs break-in oil. Awesome stuff.

I run DT40 in my Audis and 06 Carrera S. 126k on the RS6. 271k on the S4. 86k on the Carrera S. I was sold a couple years ago.
    2001 S4 Avant 6mt: AMD tuned, Stasis Streetsports.
    2003 RS6 Sedan 6mt: AMD tuned, 515awhp/635awtq, PSS9's, 4:1 Diff
    2006 Carrera S 6mt: EvoMS tuned, Sharkwerkes Exhaust, Numeric shifter, Fuchs Reps

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    I could give a rats a$$ about non Audi content. Crap we all have a ton of experience to share and I enjoy reading it.

Anything you have to say...I am reading it.
    Well, if the Mayor says it's OK...(I'll try to make it short)

After round 1 of mods on my 09 CTS-V (jumped right to stage 2.5), we almost spun a bearing on the dyno. No one really knows why, but it was definitely oil starvation. Failed pump? It's happened before. My fault? It's happened before. Anyway, ruined everything. Needed a new LSA block, new LSA crank, but stepped up for forged pistons and rods. Got back on the dyno, 671/631 on 93 pump. Went to Atco last Monday for a track rental to shake it down. 8 passes, all in the tens, worst (first pass) was a 10.77, best was a 10.53. All between 132 & 133mph. Positive I can do better with a little more tuning. Identical car to mine, who has many, many passes, went 10.37. To keep it on topic, this is what I always wanted, a 10sec 4 door family mobile, which is why I bought a twin turbo V8 Audi. After my short ownership, I'm pretty sure that car would never see 10's, especially at the cost to do it. Not counting my engine, I have less than $7k in mods in my V. There are hundreds of cars with stock engines doing what I did. I just had bad luck. Not sure I could ever get there with my RS6. Do I miss my RS6? Sure do. Would I buy another one. Maybe? Do I love my V, Yep, so far. And I don't plan to drive it this Winter. And to be fair, I never drove my RS6 in the Winter either. Too many ijuts on the road...

^Bummer about the bearing- Congrats on getting your rocket back to rocketing-Impressive numbers!

To continue the non-audi content- The 996 will need the break in oil first. Details to follow Spring/16.
    210K miles rolled

Yeah, oil is a big debate wherever you go. As I said earlier, I still have the Joe Gibbs break-in oil in now (BR30), but I've been doing my homework lately on what oil to run after. My tuner likes Amsoil Signature Series, which is what I have on deck. My engine builder likes the Joe Gibbs oil (LS30). My concern with the LS30 is the additives, which are good for your engine, but not for your cats (catalytic converter, not meow cats). I'm thinking I will run the Amsoil now (it will be my first synthetic), see what Blackstone thinks, then try the LS30?

Quote Originally Posted by ttboost View Post
    Well, if the Mayor says it's OK...(I'll try to make it short)

After round 1 of mods on my 09 CTS-V (jumped right to stage 2.5), we almost spun a bearing on the dyno. No one really knows why, but it was definitely oil starvation. Failed pump? It's happened before. My fault? It's happened before. Anyway, ruined everything. Needed a new LSA block, new LSA crank, but stepped up for forged pistons and rods. Got back on the dyno, 671/631 on 93 pump. Went to Atco last Monday for a track rental to shake it down. 8 passes, all in the tens, worst (first pass) was a 10.77, best was a 10.53. All between 132 & 133mph. Positive I can do better with a little more tuning. Identical car to mine, who has many, many passes, went 10.37. To keep it on topic, this is what I always wanted, a 10sec 4 door family mobile, which is why I bought a twin turbo V8 Audi. After my short ownership, I'm pretty sure that car would never see 10's, especially at the cost to do it. Not counting my engine, I have less than $7k in mods in my V. There are hundreds of cars with stock engines doing what I did. I just had bad luck. Not sure I could ever get there with my RS6. Do I miss my RS6? Sure do. Would I buy another one. Maybe? Do I love my V, Yep, so far. And I don't plan to drive it this Winter. And to be fair, I never drove my RS6 in the Winter either. Too many ijuts on the road...
    Great numbers. Speaks well to what one can expect with an additional 50% more displacement.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

Yep. Go big or go home...

To continue the non content...

Drum roll.....I now drive a Chevy everyday.

Yep

2500 duramax 4x4, crew cab short box. Company vehicle...demo. its fast as heck

Lol

Quote Originally Posted by MaxRS6 View Post
    ^Bummer about the bearing- Congrats on getting your rocket back to rocketing-Impressive numbers!

To continue the non-audi content- The 996 will need the break in oil first. Details to follow Spring/16.

Fast 4 door sedan, the charger hellcat, thats alot of horse for the $$$, although the cts has the luxury edge for sure
    2010 XC90 exec, winter machine (V8 of course)
    2004 RS6 official Canadian edition, Daytona grey, (best colour!), summer edition
    2011 Q7 TDI, general alrounder

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    To continue the non content...

Drum roll.....I now drive a Chevy everyday.

Yep

2500 duramax 4x4, crew cab short box. Company vehicle...demo. its fast as heck

Lol
    Funny, my new DD is also a 2015 2500HD crew cab short bed Duramax. I bought the High Country, you know,, because I'm special...Blue with the brown interior...loaded and love it.....

Get a tuner on that Duramax and it's a total beast
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

Yeah, I know. My 02 was an animal. Just sold it with 155k on it for $15k. All these local dealers are not mod friendly, so I need to wait until the warranty is up...then tune time for sure...