Thread: Looking for fellow originality nerds

Looking for fellow originality nerds

DKP here in Colorado. After putting 250K on my 1990 V8 I thought I would buy another expensive to maintain car. A proud tradition. Anyway I Just bought silver/black RS6. 60 K on the clock. All stock and will be staying that way.
    All records from day one all done at dealerships(for better or worse). DRC all replaced on recall at 36K. TC done at 47K as well as one turbo. Interior very nice except for a few nicks in that rubber coating on various instruments and knobs. Exterior 9.5. So far really enjoying the car. Discovered the belly pan missing. Probably still leaning up against the wall in a shop someplace. Replaced all fluids, tires and alignment and will enjoy for a bit before having the timing belt service done. Now to my question. The other thing missing was the spare tire compressor. I think I ordered the right one. But not sure how its suppose to sit in there. Did Audi include a tire bag with that pump etc. Does anyone on the forum have an undisturbed compressor in its original location they could take a picture of for me. Thanks for the help. Have really enjoyed the forum and the wealth of information. Thanks to all contributors.

Welcome aboard the crazy train!

Post vin last 6 when you have the chance

No bag on the air compressor. Punp sits with the flat edge to the top. The angled edge fits into the molded polystyrene.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

Last six on the VIN. 905229 The pump I bought was part number 8DO 012615C Anybody confirm that is the correct part number? Thanks

Here you go!

Drivers side set up and passenger, original accept for new bottle of oil and some other box type thing with a lock, not sure what that is.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RS6 Compressor 2.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	58.9 KB 
ID:	16843   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RS6 Compressor.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	54.0 KB 
ID:	16844  
    '18 BMW M5, '19 Porsche Boxster GTS
    (prior '94 325is, '97 M3, '00 A6 4.2,'03 RS6,'08 A4 Cab,'13 A8L,'15 Q7,'16 BMW M2,

Thank you Aronis for the pics. New compressor all tucked in hopefully never to be used.

P.S.A. - It would be unwise to ever use the "widow maker" to jack up an RS6; considering that an air compressor goes hand in hand with the fold-a-flat spare tire and the lame excuse of a jack.

Keeping all the OEM items together is admirable BUT not necessary, imho.
    Good luck to you!
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared