Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tire recommendations

Tire recommendations

Ok. Loved the Michelin PS2's and now apparently out of production/ PS3's were a little stiff! On to something else perhaps.. what Summer tires do you all recommend??? Thinking of Continental Dry/ Wet?

I've been running the Bridgestone RE760 Sport - for my summer tire - "A" directional thread, good tread life, excellent value at around $150/tire -

The Conti DW's were pretty good. Not the DWS's though.
    RS6 #1 904959, Daytona, Silver, tons of "stuff," went through puddle, dead engine, end of #1 for me, rebuilt by local enthusiast and thriving.
    RS6 #2 904568, Avus, Ebony, no stuff, stock minus RNS-E.

Leaving cost aside- what soft 'high performance' Summer tire do you all like? Again I liked the PS2's thus far but not available???

Hi-po summer tires, I hands down recommend Pilot Super Sports. I've been running them on the Beast and can say they are phenomenal at gripping dry road. Wet road poses a bit of an issue, and I'm glad I have a second set of wheels with Blizzaks for the winter. Not sure where in NorCal you're at (whether you get any actual "winter"), and whether you make any trips to other areas, but my $0.02 are on PSS for the summer.

O_E
    #905530 - Brilliant Black on Ebony. Sorted, running strong, ready for a new owner.
    No, I am not the board admin - that's Erik (from Sweden), I'm Other_Erik (from the US)

PSS all the way. I ran them year round (Texas) on my RS6 and on the wife's A4.
    2008 A4 2.0TQ Quartz Grey Metallic S-Line/Titanium Package
    2017 A4 2.0TQ Glacier White Metallic Prestige Sport
    2003 RS6 TOTALED.-----Searching for a replacement

I've not tried these. However; I had "some friends" run them and tell me they liked them. Price is certainly low enough. This is more than less than .03 worth of advice as I have no experience with them.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....Z3XL&tab=Sizes

210K miles rolled

Quote Originally Posted by MaxRS6 View Post
    I've not tried these. However; I had "some friends" run them and tell me they liked them. Price is certainly low enough. This is more than less than .03 worth of advice as I have no experience with them.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Sumitomo&tireModel=HTR+Z+III&sidewall=Blackwall&partnum=54YR8HTRZ3XL&tab=Sizes

These were on the wife's certified A4 when we bought it, they are LOUD! We had them pulled off and chucked them with 9/32 remaining. On her 2nd set of PSS's now.
    2008 A4 2.0TQ Quartz Grey Metallic S-Line/Titanium Package
    2017 A4 2.0TQ Glacier White Metallic Prestige Sport
    2003 RS6 TOTALED.-----Searching for a replacement

^Good to know and I won't go down that road.
    210K miles rolled

PSS for me all around! Love them!
    ECU/TCU chip, Euro Recaro's, KW 3's, Wagners, Venair hoses, Dahlback diverters, Hotchkis sways, Phaeton ducts, lower spoilers, custom vent's in hood

19" Pilot Super Sports during summer and 18" Blizzak LM-25's during Winter.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

Super sports for me too. Although I've pretty much ruined a set running them hard on the track. I'll be going with a dedicated track tire next season.

Tim, for some reason I thought you used nokians for winter duty...
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

Sport Cups for the track- They are tried/tested by many...
    210K miles rolled

Sport Cups for the track- They are tried/tested by many...
    I know those are great. So dang much money though. I was thinking bfg r1.

I am looking for a decent set of wheels...
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

Quote Originally Posted by 4everRS View Post
    Super sports for me too. Although I've pretty much ruined a set running them hard on the track. I'll be going with a dedicated track tire next season.

Tim, for some reason I thought you used nokians for winter duty...
    I haven't to date, but ironically just looked a set for sale tonight that are near new for less than 50% the cost of new. Might be making a switch the the Hakka's by the weekend..
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....Z3XL&tab=Sizes

My jag came equipped with Sumitomo HTR + from the previous owner and while they are economical I was never truly impressed by the performance of the Sumitomo's Def do not recommend running them on the RS6, better stuff is available.

Recently i've been running CONTINENTAL
    CONTISPORTCONTACT 3
    Max Performance SummerSize: 255/35ZR19 96Y XL
    Sidewall Style: Blackwall
    UTQG: 280 AA A

and have had a bit of good luck with these continental tires

Current: Black Pearl Metallic Effect/Ebony, RNS-E, Euro + pedals, oCarbon, Hotchkiss Front & Rear Sway Bars, Koni Yellow's

Quote Originally Posted by 4everRS View Post
    I know those are great. So dang much money though. I was thinking bfg r1.
    I am looking for a decent set of wheels...
    I have (4) TDR 1.2 18X9 ET25 Black wheels that are gathering dust since I retired Crazy from track duty. If I recall correctly, they were approximately $325/each new with lugs. Still in great shape- no bends or hits. Hit me with a pm or call me if you are interested.

Pic when I was test fitting them on the car..

210K miles rolled

What size tires did you run?