Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: HRE Rims???

Question HRE Rims???

Has anyone here had them before or now? I am considering a set and wanted to get some feed back...bending....customer service ..ect, ect.
    Bauer

07 A4 2.0T quattro STaSIS Challenge Package
    03 RS6 She will be missed
    01 S8
    01 S4 Stage 3 with KO4 turbos, RS4 intercoolers, Revolver cams, STaSIS close ratio gearbox, STaSIS rear LSD, STaSIS 4:1 center diff, STaSIS Motorsports, STaSIS front and rear race control arms, STaSIS motor mounts, Alcon 6 piston, Clutch Master stage 4 6 puck clutch, AWE fueling kit, RS4 bumperRecaro's.... etc, etc, etc

good choice

I was looking into getting the 840R version of the HREs.
    I had my shop guy called them for pricing/size that would fit the car, and they said that the largest size that would fit would be 19". Now I think they said that because the stock rims in Europe are 19". I'm thinking of going all out pimpin', so dubs is the way to go.

However.....roads in Boston are just darn awful, and probably 19" is the recommended way to go. Which I'm seriously considering.
    I want to convince them to make 1 to 1.5" lip in front and 1.5-2" lip in the rear. Keep the wheel size the same or maybe go 19x8.5 in front and 19.9 in rear. I will definitely get the same size tire though, to keep it all balanced out.

I had that on the S4 with my 19" wheels, and really looked awesome. I have to talk to them about it, to make sure it will fit. I will work with the S4 19" rims as a test bed on the RS6 to see what works.

As for bending, if you go larger size rims, and the road conditions are really bad (Boston bad), then you are running high risk.
    Good thing is that these are 3-piece wheels, with the hardware hidden, and all you need to do is get the lip straightened. No need to ship the whole wheel.

Pricing...mucho dinero!!! But I'm sure you know that.

Nene-

Thanks for the input...I understand the rims are very serviceble and that HRE's customer svc is fantastic but they are not cheap....but I guess (hope) you get what you pay for.
    Bauer

01 S8
    01 S4 Stage 3 with KO4 turbos, RS4 intercoolers, Revolver cams, STaSIS close ratio gearbox, STaSIS rear LSD, STaSIS 4:1 center diff, STaSIS Motorsports, STaSIS front and rear race control arms, STaSIS motor mounts, Alcon 6 piston, Clutch Master stage 4 6 puck clutch, AWE fueling kit, RS4 bumperRecaro's.... etc, etc, etc

Aye...

Originally posted by nene
    I'm thinking of going all out pimpin', so dubs is the way to go.
    Slow down there cowboy...step away from the dubs...just step away from the dubs...

Re: Aye...

Originally posted by iconcls
    Slow down there cowboy...step away from the dubs...just step away from the dubs...
    Run man run!

:s4addict: -Bimmerhead

I am intending to get a set of 840s as well,however still hesitating about the design: 840,841 or 843.What do u people think.I contacted HRE and they confirmed that rims I wanted:9,5 x 19" ET 30 , 5x112 can be produced no problem.They also offered me to put 2 inch outer lip on each rim,but I am not too sure about it.m How does such outer lip affect the width of the rim and is it worth having?I am going to put 275/30
    tires on them.By the way,what tires do u think would be the best choice for the summer.(pirelli,goodyear etc)

Share your thoughts

Rims are heavy and expensive so just want to point out the obvious and say that they aren't performance oriented. I know I wouldn't buy them, but not everyone is me.

Originally posted by gnomik007
    By the way,what tires do u think would be the best choice for the summer.(pirelli,goodyear etc)
    I like P Zero Rosso. They usually get really high marks in tests.
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

Originally posted by CarbonFibre
    Rims are heavy and expensive so just want to point out the obvious and say that they aren't performance oriented. I know I wouldn't buy them, but not everyone is me.

Are thy really heav?For some reason I thought that they were very good for sports active driving.If they are not,which are and what u'd say better,sportce wheels or HRE?

Well actually (now that I think about it) they may or may not be. I have held onto the idea that they are for a while but I remember someone showing me some weights that turned out making them not too bad. I don't really know.

I like the design of the Sportec wheels, but some say that they are too soft.

Originally posted by Erik
    I like P Zero Rosso. They usually get really high marks in tests.
    What about P Zero Corsa?

I was told by Stasis that they are very light and serviceble 3 piece rims that is one of the reasons they are very expensive. Depending on wheel size and such around 17 to 19lbs...atleast that is what I have been told....I need to do more research.
    Bauer

01 S8

In my experience P-zeros are good summer tires(rosso)
    However, the only problem is they do not last long.

What about P Zero Corsa?
    P Zero Corsa are track tires, not street tires.

275/30/19 on a 9.5" wide wheel w/ ET30 is very tight fit and will probably rub.

HRE's are heavy. If you want lightweight, look at OZ, Fikse, or SSR among others.

Originally posted by 360M
    275/30/19 on a 9.5" wide wheel w/ ET30 is very tight fit and will probably rub.
    What do u think would not rub then?I tried to find more info on the net and both Sportec(+spacer of course) & MTM offer RS6 wheels in those sizes,so I am now confused

What do u think would not rub then?I tried to find more info on the net and both Sportec(+spacer of course) & MTM offer RS6 wheels in those sizes,so I am now confused
    I have 9.5" wide wheels w/ ET33 and 265 tires and they come very close to the fenders. The setup you're thinking of would stick out about 8 mm more. Like I said, it's cutting close - but who knows it may work. Personally I wouldn't risk it since I hate when tires rub the fenders.

The pics that Erik just loaded up look like the setup you're talking about. Note how the car isn't lowered though.

MTM Bimoto wheels are nice. I'm pretty sure at least one person on the forum with an RS6 has a set.
    http://www.hoppenmotorsport.com/news030711.htm

WOW

This is a very big picture.