Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Official Horsepower Thread!

Official Horsepower Thread!

Ya'll may be too dang civilized but every special car site I am on has an official HP thread and i cant locate one here. If I missed it, I appologize. If there isnt one, well shame on you! LOL

So lets see what your beautiful beasts are making. List modifications and if you have a dyno graph that would be great. If you have a progression of mods and power that would also be great.

I am still awaiting mine back from the dealer but after I do the timing belt and some data logging I will find an AWD dyno and post mine.

Bonus points for an included video.
    2014 S8 - Daytona Gray Pearl Effect, APR Stage 2 Tune, APR downpipes

People will say dynos differ from dyno to dyno and how the numbers can be messed up.But 438.49awhp on a dyno jet for me. Have a pic on my iPhone but this is the only forum i can't figure out how to post pics from an iPhone on.

Yeah i cant seem to hot link pics here as well. I always have to host them in my PB account and PB has just gotten so slow.

You forgot modifications though. But thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by LaserSVT View Post
    Yeah i cant seem to hot link pics here as well. I always have to host them in my PB account and PB has just gotten so slow.

You forgot modifications though. But thanks!

that was with straight piped exhaust, apikol intake, and mail order viper tune. That's it

now I have custom Daz Dillinger tune we tuned for a few days and about 25 logs and the meth kit installed and tuned in. No new numbers tho

Fruitless post. Different dyno's provide different results and unless everyone is using the same baseline - the values simply don't matter IMO. Now, the one thing that never lies for anyone is physics and pushing a brick like ours down the 1/4 in a certain time is readily the only measure of true power values. The laws of physics simply don't lie. Weigh your car, post your time, and the rest is math....
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

Opinions and assholes. We all have them and they are all full of poo. Please dont be "that guy". If you are unhappy with your dyno numbers dont post them. No need to be a killjoy.
    1/4 IMHO isnt always the best way to measure power anyway. Temperature, trac conditions, car weight, wind temp, drivers balls etc etc all have a alot to do with that. I have seen 380 HP cars run high 11's and 500 HP cars do the same and even 600hp cars.

We are all experienced enough to know that:
    1. A Mustang dyno will always read lower.
    2. Dyno numbers can be manipulated
    3. Its still a damn fine way to measure the cars potential.

So lighten up Francis.

This is a nice simple thread for dyno numbers with mods.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigglezworth View Post
    Fruitless post. Different dyno's provide different results and unless everyone is using the same baseline - the values simply don't matter IMO. Now, the one thing that never lies for anyone is physics and pushing a brick like ours down the 1/4 in a certain time is readily the only measure of true power values. The laws of physics simply don't lie. Weigh your car, post your time, and the rest is math....
    1/4 mile times also lie. Just as different dynos provide different results, so do different drivers. Put five drivers in the same car, put one driver in five different cars, put five drivers in five different cars. . . It's an interesting experiment I bet.

Dynos are good for deltas is something that I've always said. Not for stated HP/TQ numbers.
    2012 Q7 TDI S-Line - 2010 GTI - 2007 A3 3.2 S-Line - 2003 RS6
    2001 Honda S2000 - 1977 Honda CBR 750-F2 - 1965 GMC 1500 WideSide

I'm with Laser on this one, most car forums have a "Dyno" and "1/4 mile" thread and I'd like to see both! Our cars are getting to an age and price-point where "hot rodders" are becoming more common, so there should be plenty of examples of built cars out there, and people like me who want to see them! Most of us know about all the variables and issues with various dyno's, but it's still fun to see them and bench race. Bring on the dyno charts and time slips!

Quote Originally Posted by SteveKen View Post
    Dynos are good for deltas is something that I've always said. Not for stated HP/TQ numbers.
    Bingo. Well put.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

Darn, guess I better speak to my people at Texas Speed and Black Mamba and Hennnessey and Late Model and Gearheads and TSS and UGR and Alpha and let them know they are doing it wrong. And to think of all the money they wasted to get dyno numbers for those half million dollar cars. Damn shame.

So what is the best way to get HP numbers? I mean we all know that we cant go off what the manufactures state. Pretty sure the Japanese crowd has it wrong too. CAI +30hp, Fart can exhaust +30hp, Type-R badge +15HP, AEM windshield sticker +50hp.............

I guess I am just used to being able to know a cars HP by putting it on a dyno and simply by looking at the HP graph I know if and where an issue is. Cant tell you how many hours I have spent on the dyno tuning Ford Modular motors or tuning LS motors. A simple dyno run will tell me right away if I have a bad coil or a weak injector but I am used to them. Take one healthy Cobra with XXX mods and then throw another one on there with identical mods and they are usually within 2-3hp of each other. To me dyno numbers are important. It lets you know if you are performing the correct mods or not. I have learned what intakes to use, injectors, boost levels and a plenty of other items during tuning and building.
    Yes a big part is getting that A/F ratio dialed in but HP is what everyones after.

From experience I know a Mustang Dyno runs 8-10% below a DynoJet system. We can take that into account.

Please, just let the people who want to participate, participate.

Well, I think this could be interesting even if the dyno numbers aren't a perfect apples-to-apples comparison. We all know that, account for it in reading posts, and still can have fun seeing what others get. Even better if someone else is getting their numbers from the same dyno, as I'm pretty sure multiple members have used AMD's dyno. My info is in my signature, 460/530 at the wheels on AMD's Mustang dyno, running their Stage 1 6MT tune. That of course is with an 01E 6 speed.
    RS6 #1, 01E, 2.5" straight pipes, AMD Stage 1 6MT tune, 460awhp/530awtq on AMD's Mustang dyno. TOTALLED.. RS6 #2, Ebony Black Pearl on black/silver combination with carbon, up and running with 6 gears and AMD tune.

^^ Those are some nice numbers!

I would love to see what a 6MT car can make with hybrid turbos, more fuel and water/meth, and also what a car can do with some GTX3071R's or equivalent on custom manifolds and external wastegates. I have yet to see anyone really push the envelope with one of these cars, and it's understandable considering the diminishing returns on what it actually costs to get there vs. if you were to get a 2.7T and go with any of the myriad aftermarket offerings, but it would be great to get some inspiration for if/when guys like me ever get enough cash to really start building their car. I mean we have a rough idea of what the 4.2 is capable of considering its use in the Gumpert Apollo but I'd like to see an RS6 that can really hang with the modern hardware like tuned RS7's, GT-R's, ZR1 Corvettes, etc.

What I'm saying is, c'man, someone throw up a hundred G's and build a 1,000hp RS6
    2017 Subaru BRZ Limited w/ Performance Pack 6MT
    2003 Audi RS 6 quattro 5AT - sold

Quote Originally Posted by makaveli42 View Post
    that was with straight piped exhaust, apikol intake, and mail order viper tune. That's it

now I have custom Daz Dillinger tune we tuned for a few days and about 25 logs and the meth kit installed and tuned in. No new numbers tho
    Are you still auto? How does it "feel" compare to where you were at before?

oh, and if anyone can get that 1000 hp points, it's going to be Daz and his car. I've have complete faith in this man and his abilities. They are nothing short of genius.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbowned View Post
    I would love to see what a 6MT car can make with hybrid turbos, more fuel and water/meth, and also what a car can do with some GTX3071R's or equivalent on custom manifolds and external wastegates. I have yet to see anyone really push the envelope with one of these cars
    This is about as far as I recall anyone doing a more custom build that requires one off fabrication efforts.

http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/26...highlight=tial

Quote Originally Posted by Bigglezworth View Post
    This is about as far as I recall anyone doing a more custom build that requires one off fabrication efforts.

http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/26...highlight=tial
    Thank you for that! Excellent read. I now have new HP goals and they are much lower. LOL That looked fantastic but I am not doing all that. Bolt on rabbit turbos, intercoolers and meth and call it a day.... or weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Fastguy View Post
    Are you still auto? How does it "feel" compare to where you were at before?

oh, and if anyone can get that 1000 hp points, it's going to be Daz and his car. I've have complete faith in this man and his abilities. They are nothing short of genius.

It feels a lot smoother for sure, and I can launch now. Yes, still an auto... Still want to try Marc's tune lol
    2003 RS6//Fully Adjustable Suspension//VIPER ECU&TCU//Daytona Gray-Black
    Fully straight piped from the turbos to tips!
    Apikol Intake and D.O. Dual Nozzle Stage 2 Meth Kit

I have RS6 hybrids and meth, plus custom AMD dp's, IC's, and o1e trans, making 515/635 on AMD's MD500. It's plenty.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbowned View Post
    ^^ Those are some nice numbers!

I would love to see what a 6MT car can make with hybrid turbos, more fuel and water/meth, and also what a car can do with some GTX3071R's or equivalent on custom manifolds and external wastegates. I have yet to see anyone really push the envelope with one of these cars, and it's understandable considering the diminishing returns on what it actually costs to get there vs. if you were to get a 2.7T and go with any of the myriad aftermarket offerings, but it would be great to get some inspiration for if/when guys like me ever get enough cash to really start building their car. I mean we have a rough idea of what the 4.2 is capable of considering its use in the Gumpert Apollo but I'd like to see an RS6 that can really hang with the modern hardware like tuned RS7's, GT-R's, ZR1 Corvettes, etc.

What I'm saying is, c'man, someone throw up a hundred G's and build a 1,000hp RS6
    2001 S4 Avant 6mt: AMD tuned, Stasis Streetsports.
    2003 RS6 Sedan 6mt: AMD tuned, 515awhp/635awtq, PSS9's, 4:1 Diff
    2006 Carrera S 6mt: EvoMS tuned, Sharkwerkes Exhaust, Numeric shifter, Fuchs Reps

Wow, 55hp and about 100tq gain to the ground with just the hybrids? Thats pretty healthy. Pardon my lack of knowledge but are the hybrids like what SRM has? $2200 for turbos, hardware and larger inlet pipes seems like a good deal. Its the pulling of the motor that sucks. LOL