Thread: Apikol read differential mounts only option?

Apikol read differential mounts only option?

Been doing more reading and see that the rear dif mount is a good idea. How much difference does it make to go to the stiffer apikol mount? I was thinking about this because if it makes a difference on a stock or stock-tuned rs it should make an even more pronounced difference when moving to a manual with even more power? I just can't get over the cost for what it is. Double the cost of the Audi oem mount? I didn't think ANYTHING was ever more expensive than if it had the four rings on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fastguy View Post
    Doesn't say RS6 but it looks the same. Price is better. It's a pretty simple piece so you'd think it would not have to cost $240

Quote Originally Posted by Fastguy View Post
    This ^^^ does not look like this VVV

http://www.apikol.com/index.php/prod...ad-passat.html

In my experience, the apikol blue was great in that it firmed up the driveline lash that I was experiencing.
    15 minute install.

Both Wade and I installed this: my OEM rear diff mount was torn in 1 of the 4 rubber prongs; his was torn in 3 of the 4.
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Glad you said something. You are correct, they do not look the same. I saw s4/rs4 and assumed they were talking b5 which would be ok. It is not, looks like it's for the later model v8 b6. Thanks for pointing this out. Guess I'm stuck having to purchase a $240 mount.