Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wanna replace all those switches with the rubber coating coming off.

Wanna replace all those switches with the rubber coating coming off.

Like the title says, I want to replace all of the stuff with the rubber peeling off. I see some of it I probably wont do like the HVAC since it seems you need the while unit. For a grand I can live with worn fan speed buttons.
    The side mirror switch I am having trouble with. Cant seem to find any with the power fold in. Can get a million of the regular ones for under $12 each but I need the power fold.
    Window switches are easy enough to find and very cheap (I am assuming regular A6 works) and its only the driver switch peeling.
    Headlight knob and bezels look cheap too and plentiful to find.

Soooo, I guess the parts I am having issues locating are the power mirror switch with fold in and the inner parts of the door pulls. The part by the window switch you grab to close the door. That rubber coating is peeling there too.

None of its terrible but I want the car to be as close to perfect as I can get it.
    2014 S8 - Daytona Gray Pearl Effect, APR Stage 2 Tune, APR downpipes

Yu can get the ac control unit a lot less than that.
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

Yeah I found lots of used ones for around $100 last night.

Its that damn mirror switch that nobody has. There are two threads that have the part number but when you look up the part its for the newer series.

4b1959565c4pk
    2008 A4 2.0TQ Quartz Grey Metallic S-Line/Titanium Package
    2017 A4 2.0TQ Glacier White Metallic Prestige Sport
    2003 RS6 TOTALED.-----Searching for a replacement

Images show that to be the new style as well. Some pics of the non folding ones show up as well.

Search through the threads on here, there was a thread about 2-4 months last active that had a bunch of part numbers and a few sources.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

That part # I posted is guaranteed a old style, but only if you get it from a Genuine supplier. If you buy it on ebay all bets are off.
    2008 A4 2.0TQ Quartz Grey Metallic S-Line/Titanium Package
    2017 A4 2.0TQ Glacier White Metallic Prestige Sport
    2003 RS6 TOTALED.-----Searching for a replacement

Quote Originally Posted by marklar182 View Post
    That part # I posted is guaranteed a old style, but only if you get it from a Genuine supplier. If you buy it on ebay all bets are off.
    I apologize. Using Audi specific parts site it does show the switch. I got over excited at all the $20 knock offs. LOL So its $150 switch. Not sure yet if the scratch bothers me enough. At night it does because its a red streak. LOL

I will slowly get it all fresh again. I have to slow my roll. I have (including the car) spent nearly 20k cash this month on it. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by marklar182 View Post
    4b1959565c4pk
    This P/N is for the switch, which is probably not needed, as it does not include the cover.

You actually want the switch cover. The P/N for it is 4B0 959 557 A 5PR
    2012 Q7 TDI S-Line - 2010 GTI - 2007 A3 3.2 S-Line - 2003 RS6
    2001 Honda S2000 - 1977 Honda CBR 750-F2 - 1965 GMC 1500 WideSide

Quote Originally Posted by SteveKen View Post
    This P/N is for the switch, which is probably not needed, as it does not include the cover.

You actually want the switch cover. The P/N for it is 4B0 959 557 A 5PR
    I didnt realize that the cover came off. It would kinda bother me not having the fold in osition marked but at least it would work. That also would mean I can get one of the $10 on ebay and just use my switch guts.

Quote Originally Posted by LaserSVT View Post
    I didnt realize that the cover came off. It would kinda bother me not having the fold in osition marked but at least it would work. That also would mean I can get one of the $10 on ebay and just use my switch guts.
    The part number I stated does have the folded mirror position marked. I ordered this from the dealer and it's still in he box, waiting for me to install it the next time I get a chance.

Well for $50 its worth it to me. I am going to wait for the car to get back from Audi and make a list. Pretty sure its just driver door buttons, the M button for the driver memory, the headlight switch, the door pulls (which i dont think I can do anything about), the mirror switch and then the AC fan speed buttons which looks like I will just try and find a clean used one. Then again those I dont see due to the gear selector. LOL

Hey SteveKen, since you are so great with the numbers do you know what the PN is for the RS6 badge on the steering wheel?
    Actaully I just remembered I know a great modler. Bet he could paint it perfect. Still, a new one would be nice.

Hey SteveKen, since you are so great with the numbers do you know what the PN is for the RS6 badge on the steering wheel?
    Actaully I just remembered I know a great modler. Bet he could paint it perfect. Still, a new one would be nice.
    Wow did I beat SK to posting a part number??? Go me!

4B0419685B - RS Steering wheel emblem
    #905530 - Brilliant Black on Ebony. Sorted, running strong, ready for a new owner.
    No, I am not the board admin - that's Erik (from Sweden), I'm Other_Erik (from the US)

You guys are all quite impressive. Its funny, the parts I expected to be expensive are cheap(ish) and parts I expected to be cheap are just nuts. But I stare at it all the time so $85 is worth it I suppose and it will last longer/look better than model paint.

You guys are all quite impressive. Its funny, the parts I expected to be expensive are cheap(ish) and parts I expected to be cheap are just nuts. But I stare at it all the time so $85 is worth it I suppose and it will last longer/look better than model paint.
    Throw a nice thick layer of lacquer on top of it before you install it, especially if you wear ring(s) or heavy watches. Chip chip chip away at the exposed paint!
    #905530 - Brilliant Black on Ebony. Sorted, running strong, ready for a new owner.
    No, I am not the board admin - that's Erik (from Sweden), I'm Other_Erik (from the US)

No jewelry. Do have a heavy watch but I am right handed so its not on that side. I like the rubberized coating though.

I cant wait for the car to get back so I can just order everything at the same time. I know a few things but never really checked the passenger or rear switches.

Cant believe I am being this anal about a 12 year old family sedan. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Other_Erik View Post
    Wow did I beat SK to posting a part number??? Go me!

4B0419685B - RS Steering wheel emblem
    I'm not at my normal ETKA computer and only knew the switch cover P/N by looking up my Millburn Audi invoice. lol.

Incidentally, I saw a show on the Velocity network where they had some Ferrari trim pieces redone by a company in Naples. FL.

Maybe they could do this?

By comparison, the climate control knob/panel on the F Car they were working on was $3k from the dealer. I'm guessing that their service might be comparable to the Audi OEM prices. Unless we can send them about 500 + and - buttons. (in other words, all of DHall1's and Bigglesworth's cars, lol)

Anyway, her is the place that restores the Ferrari sticky buttons.

http://www.f1imports.com/our-specialites/sticky-stuff

Anyone want to look them up and see what it would cost?
    Last edited by SteveKen; September 23rd, 2015 at 22:22.