Thread: 2003 Audi RS6 DRC Recall Campaign Bench Trial in 3 weeks.

2003 Audi RS6 DRC Recall Campaign Bench Trial in 3 weeks.

Looking for the official DRC technical repair procedure for the recall. attached is complaint. If i win they will open pandora box so guys please help ....
    wish me luck
    please send link

w.c

Complaint didn't make it. You're taking them to court right? Many people have had the Gen2 DRC fitted to their car and working. Sounds to me like your shop/dealer didn't install it correctly. I would just get your car fixed, or change to different struts. I would side with Audi on this, they issued a fix, it seems good in most instances, and is mostly mechanic/install error causing new issues. Car parts and oil lines will leak over time, struts from any company will fail eventually. Fix it and enjoy your car, but you need to find a good independent mechanic.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

For a thousand bucks you can fit coilovers. Less for Konis

Seems frivolous

I have this letter as I'm sure many others do also. There isn't a "link" to it anywhere that I'm aware of though. Another board member was trying to get his suspension addressed by Audi just this year also, but there has been no hide nor hair of that being successful.

Don't know why you think you will win this. There was already a recall provided by Audi of North America for all RS6's and RS4's back in 2011. If you or the previous owner didn't have this work completed, that is going to get you no where with Audi. Also, important to note, the campaign changed just the dampers - nothing else. They did not change either of the two accumulatrs, nor any of the flexible lines. Have had zero problem with any of the 2nd gen dampers. Zero. The problem I have experienced is the flex lines burst. The rubber coating that covers the braided sheathing dries up, allows water and salts to fester within, and then rusts/rots the braided line. Boom, you lose a line, you lose pressure.

Personally this wouldn't be a big deal if: a) you could purchase a 12" hose from Audi that didn't cost an astonomical and obscene amount (i.e. $500.00....); b) you could easily recharge the system yourself after spending 10 mins swapping out a hose. These two items make retention of the DRC - which works and performs beautifully IMO) a lost cause.

Suspect you're barking up the wrong tree on this one and are better off wasting time and money swapping in a different type of system. There are a number of different performing options with some similar in performance to the DRC, many less performing, and depending on who you debate with on this topic, 1 - possibly 2 - that are slightly better than the DRC.

Good luck
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

One of the many reasons I was so happy the first time I put my car in the air and saw the Bilstiens under it. One less headache to worry about.

Quote Originally Posted by LaserSVT View Post
    One of the many reasons I was so happy the first time I put my car in the air and saw the Bilstiens under it. One less headache to worry about.
    under the National highway Safety any recalls they have 10 years to fix it . so 2009 so i have 2009 once doesnt mean just change the part and it works . recall done . to make a long story short .volkawagen brought in their expert witness and then said everything was fine no issues . before 1 week i went back to the same dealer paid the diagnosis fee and they gave me a quote of 13000 in repairs for the whole drc system etc the same place audi service center . judge was impressed so im suponena the service manager who gave me the quote . my car is not driveable and very dangerous . no drc mean no shocks no suspension. if anyone has that service drc guide on how to upgrade the drc system please let me know or direct me .

I suspect you're likely to not care, but the DRC was never documented as a "recall" so you may find it doesn't fall in to the same set of rules. It was deemed a "service campaign" and argue until you're blue in the face, but that doesn't equate to a recall. Recalls would have been applicable to all RS6's which this was not. It was an effort undertaken by Audi of North America to lessen risk with the US legal courts. RS6's outside of north america didn't qualify for the DRC replacement parts.
    Last edited by Bigglezworth; September 20th, 2015 at 03:27. Reason: typs
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

Quote Originally Posted by dapow View Post
    under the National highway Safety any recalls they have 10 years to fix it . so 2009 so i have 2009 once doesnt mean just change the part and it works . recall done . to make a long story short .volkawagen brought in their expert witness and then said everything was fine no issues . before 1 week i went back to the same dealer paid the diagnosis fee and they gave me a quote of 13000 in repairs for the whole drc system etc the same place audi service center . judge was impressed so im suponena the service manager who gave me the quote . my car is not driveable and very dangerous . no drc mean no shocks no suspension. if anyone has that service drc guide on how to upgrade the drc system please let me know or direct me .
    Just get it fixed at another shop, easy. It's obvious this shop didn't fix it and doesn't want to deal with you. You realize it's pointless to spend $13k to replace the whole system for one leaking hose.

Tell us, is this the suspension you took from another car after wrecking yours? Cause of the problem? Have you actually had the upgrade done?

Yes, the DRC can be a pain, but no reason to waste courts time and lawyers money. Audi will just raise their prices on all of us
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com