Thread: Something strange happened to me today... something I am just not used to.......

Something strange happened to me today... something I am just not used to.......

....... Something that I haven't done in years and it took a few minutes to kick in what I was doing. I was smiling. I was just standing there staring at my car and smiling. I was going blind watching how the sun hit its wheel arches and the blue was just exploding. It has been near a decade since I just stared and adored one of my own cars. Sure I will stop and stare at an Aston Martin or a Ford GT and then move along, pretty but someone elses play thing. This was like the Tony Stewart Armorall commercial. LOL
    Even with all the work on it in the last couple weeks and the roller-coaster ride with AoA I just stare at this incredible machine. I stare at its lines and how its so subtle yet so aggressive at the same time. Before I know it my friend is closing our shop bay doors. How long was I standing there? I don't know but the side of my face is slightly sunburned now.

I am so in love with how it feels on the road and how well it corners. Love the exotic sound of that 40 valve V8. The faint whistle of the turbos. The near instantaneous mountain of power thats just a foot stretch away. I don't even mind that I still haven't figured out how to move off the line slowly .Like the throttle takes a second to respond from a stop so I push a hair more and kinda snap off the line, I hate drive by wire. And the smell! I love Audi leather smell. I want to bottle it.

This car brings me pure joy and if you all know what the last 7 years of my life was like, this is a major accomplishment. I really couldn't afford to buy it but also could not pass up such a deal for my dream car. I love that I can work on it and love to work on it. I look at all the mechanicals underneath and just enjoy the quality and craftsmanship yet curse the engineers all the same.

Last car I was half as enamored with I ended up buying 11 of. While I cant afford that here I love my machine. It is mine and it will remain mine until the wheels fall off.... and then I will just fix them.

Sorry for the spew. Car just makes me happy and I hope all of yours does too.

Some of us hate our wallets and love this car so much we have multiple copies at once...
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

Well said, I've been staring at my Mugello Blue for years. Freshened it up some with wheels and tail lights. These are great looking from many angles for sure. I give it just a touch of gas, once there's a hint of movement the pedal goes down.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

I have owned 4 and 3 sit out in my garage.

I Could buy a new S6 but then I drove one. I passed

my wife's SQ5 is nice and all but is nothing to the RS6

OP happy you love your RS6, looks great!!! You are in the right place here, lots of knowledge on the platform here

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post

I Could buy a new S6 but then I drove one. I passed
    Funny I pulled out in traffic behind a new black S6 with vanity tags that said "kikmout" got next to the guy and asked what that meant, turns out he was an eviction attorney. He then noticed I had an RS6 also black and asked me how it was running, I relied like a top we then cruised a bit and pulled over into a parking garage to talk. Turns out he has his S6 tuned by APR which is supposed to make 625 HP. But man even after 12 years still something really special about the RS6. Makes me smile too
    Current: Black Pearl Metallic Effect/Ebony, RNS-E, Euro + pedals, oCarbon, Hotchkiss Front & Rear Sway Bars, Koni Yellow's

I drove a 2005 SL65 AMG and then a 2005 CL65 AMG and loved both. Power was incredible! What I didn't like is all the creeks and various warning lights and all the texture rubbed off the buttons. Then I was starting ti fidget in the seat. I thought they were supposed to be like the worlds best seat but I have never been fully comfortable in Benz seats. I did like the superior front room in the CL65 BUT the RS6 just feels so right. It fits like it was taylor made and i am a big guy. I normally have center console issues with how I rest my knee and my left thigh usually gets sore on long trips due to how I set my left leg. In the RS my right knee does not come in contact with anything and the seat bolster supports it perfect. The dead pedal on the left side coupled with the seat bolster is perfect for me as well and my thigh no longer gets sore. First car I ever had where I can set the steering wheel so it does not rub my nuts, does not cover one bit of the cluster, keeps my hands from sweating and is at perfect reach. I. LOVE. THIS. CAR.

One thing I have noticed is moderately quick cars ignore it but fast and expensive car drivers recognize it right away and point and pull out a camera. Getting the tires balanced there was a ZR1 there and a GT2 and they both were all over my RS6 taking pictures and asking tons of questions.
    The car just makes you fell like you are special. And i guess we kinda are. I have yet to see another one in person.

As a recent owner myself, I completely understand. I still find myself walking up to my car and smiling at how gorgeous it is, and driving is simply sublime. I love my RS6

Here it is just after midight and I just went outside for a cigarette (I smoke in my home) and sat on the porch ocassionally throwing stuff past the motion light just so it would illuminate the car. Breaks my heart leaving her outside like that but she leaks too much fuel still (still at 3/4 tank) and you get high first thing when you open the garrage door in the morning leaving for work. LOL

So begins the love affair! Sounds like how I am every time I take the time to really clean and polish the beast. Mugello pops nicely, ebony black has a kind of dull glow under the right lighting, especially after a good wash and wax, kinda like it's absorbing the light from all around it and only putting off its own aura - one of those things you gotta see in person to really appreciate. I feel your pain on leaving the beast out in the elements, I just moved into a house that has a garage just barely large enough to fit, but there's so much stuff piled up I'd need to cram the attic to make her fit. Hmm, sounds like I may have a plan for this weekend - cram attic, park Skulld, crack beers.

Agreed on midline car drivers not knowing/caring what it is, but I've gotten the thumbs up from Lambo, Ferrari, Maserati (quattroporte, not Ghibli), higher-end Porsche drivers. Not to mention the show and shine at Katie's cars and coffee. Parked next to MP412C's that get little/no attention since they show up every weekend, and I've got people walking past asking what's under the hood and how much power it puts to the ground It's a halo car by performance standards, but on looks it's just this side of a sleeper. Nobody in the know will confuse it with an A6/S6, but local police usually just ignore it.

O_E
    #905530 - Brilliant Black on Ebony. Sorted, running strong, ready for a new owner.
    No, I am not the board admin - that's Erik (from Sweden), I'm Other_Erik (from the US)