Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fuel Tank Leak and dont knoe what the part is. - Please help

Holy cow! Over $4000! Okay, I really have to do something nice for Amanda now! And Megan at AoA. I am actually going to the dealer on Tuesday to pick up a new A3 to use while they await parts on mine. Have to close my shop early so I can get all cleaned up to meet her.
    2014 S8 - Daytona Gray Pearl Effect, APR Stage 2 Tune, APR downpipes

I'm glad they had already paid for all the other bodywork & repairs before this hit- I was already within ~$1000 of being totaled. It seemed like it took forever to get the parts in & I had gone without the car for ~ 2 months with the bodywork & 1 month with the starter Everything was OK though when I heard the rumble when I cranked it up & did a few twisties on Grant's Mill Road. I did find some great roads in the Helen, GA area that I will enjoy the next time we are there.
    2003 RS6 - Avus Silver Pearl - Ebony Interior - Warm Weather Package - Carbon Fiber - ACE TC - SE Exhaust

Quote Originally Posted by LaserSVT View Post
    Well Megan of AoA called me back today to get a tow truck to me and arrange for a car while mine is down and said the dealer would get in touch with me today to schedule. They will be picking it up tomorrow. The service writer seemed a tad aggravated because of the email and being told to just do it and make sure I have a car. I told her a few jokes and was very cordial in hopes to loosen her up. It worked. Wasn't sure how to write it up or how to get reimbursed or how to get me car and all that. We got the same email from the higher ups and I pointed out it does say she will be called from headquarters to be reimbursed for the tow, the diagnostics and rental car and they requested pictures and recommendations for repair and then would give their ruling. So I will continue to be on active standby.
    WOW AoA came through in your case. They pretty much gave me the birdie. "Recall was done in 2012, now its your problem sorry". Dealer did the confirmation to AoA about the leak and sent them Pics. Didn't charge me for the effort, but i am not sure what the next step is. NTHSA? suck it up and pay for it myself. (located a used tank that also has the recall done). Dealer is not even responding after AoA said NO. I can have other shop do the replacement but they said they can't bleed the DRC system and I will have to take it to dealer for DRC bleed. Seems like conspiracy b/w AoA and Dealer to shut me out

Do you mind sharing the AoA case # if they ended up covering it for you. May help my case. Thanks.