Thread: A silly NAV question

A silly NAV question

so I upgraded the standard equip radio to the RNSE unit from Zawa a few month back. Its an awesome piece of kit and highly recommended. However, I know that when you have a route programmed in you can have this shown in the driver display in the cluster. My question is, is there a button you have to press to enable this as sometimes it shows in the display and sometimes not and I don't know what I did different. Like does the radio have to be off? so the display is cleared or in a certain view on the driver stalk? Any input would be awesome, thanks.
    2010 XC90 exec, winter machine (V8 of course)
    2004 RS6 official Canadian edition, Daytona grey, (best colour!), summer edition
    2011 Q7 TDI, general alrounder

Small button on the bottom of the stock might toggle through, and it will turn the screen off. This is the bottom of the lower right one, where you typically use the end to toggle through mpg settings.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

It is a known bug as RNS-E is not fully compatible with the RS6 Instrument Cluster.
    2008 A4 2.0TQ Quartz Grey Metallic S-Line/Titanium Package
    2017 A4 2.0TQ Glacier White Metallic Prestige Sport
    2003 RS6 TOTALED.-----Searching for a replacement

Quote Originally Posted by marklar182 View Post
    It is a known bug as RNS-E is not fully compatible with the RS6 Instrument Cluster.
    OK, it's just hit and miss, not sure if there was a sure way to do it. I also still have the oe nav still installed, I wonder if this conflicts with it.
    2004 RS6 official Canadian edition, Daytona grey, (best colour!), summer edition

I have always been able to switch views on the DIS by pressing the button on the bottom of the right stalk.
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

Quote Originally Posted by JSRS6 View Post
    I have always been able to switch views on the DIS by pressing the button on the bottom of the right stalk.
    So can I, but it wont show directions

I got ya. Sounds like maybe CAN wire not connected to back of instrument cluster?
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

Quote Originally Posted by fukinavit View Post
    So can I, but it wont show directions
    Is it not showing directions at all, or just when you're closing in on the next turn/exit? I found when I was making my trip up to the beach that the DIC would only display the next turn within a half mile or so. Best bet I think would be to talk to Zawa, see what he has to say.

O_E
    #905530 - Brilliant Black on Ebony. Sorted, running strong, ready for a new owner.
    No, I am not the board admin - that's Erik (from Sweden), I'm Other_Erik (from the US)

It should always show automatically in the DIS once Route is started, but there is a bug so that sometimes it wont show, the workaround is to turn the RNSE OFF/ON.

If it isn't showing at all on the DIS, you need a VAGCOM to update the Instrument cluster (17), Adaptation (10), address 62, change value to 5.
    2008 A4 2.0TQ Quartz Grey Metallic S-Line/Titanium Package
    2017 A4 2.0TQ Glacier White Metallic Prestige Sport
    2003 RS6 TOTALED.-----Searching for a replacement