Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: My brand new second hand RS6

Wait, are you saying that your suspension failed with less mileage on it than an RS6??? lol
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

Quote Originally Posted by Bigglezworth View Post
    Wait, are you saying that your suspension failed with less mileage on it than an RS6??? lol
    Nope, didn't say that at all. My 2 rear GM MRS failed at 66k miles...My FIRST RS6 DRC failure was at 30k miles...They were due again at 70k when I sold it...But nice try Tim...

My Audi had the DRC swapped at 38K and then had the rear Bilsteins replaced again at 62k and one of the fronts done at 72k. Never killed a Bilstein before myself.
    2014 S8 - Daytona Gray Pearl Effect, APR Stage 2 Tune, APR downpipes

Well my plan for today was to just install my PLX gauge system. Car had other plans. I noticed it was a bit down on power on the way to my shop so I got it on the rack to check what I suspected it was.
    Pulling out of my friends house last night the bottom of the nose hit the ground with a loud thump. I checked to make sure nothing was leaking but didn't notice the intercooler hose clamp snapped. Sure enough it had. Luckily I had a set of nice T-clamps left over from a previous build. Reason number 362 why I need to buy a new belly pan. LOL

So with that fixed it was time to install the gauge. Let me apologize for the crappy pictures I took with my potato. I will try for better ones in a better light latter. One down side is the gauge does not seem to read boost off the OBDII port so I will have to buy the boost module I guess. System does work well though otherwise. The OLED display is nice and crisp and the touch screen is easy enough to use. I like it. The pictures do no justice as its colors match the dash perfectly.

Be careful with those T-bolts once you get a belly pan. I installed mine with the threaded end pointing straight down. Found that it punched a hole straight through the plastic. Angled up like you have them will not cause any clearance issues.
    03 RS6 Avus/Ebony #905593 resurrected 6MT, 04 Avalanche Z71, 87 T-Bird Turbo Coupe (351W T5), 04 Aprilia RSVR Factory

Boost module showed up today so I guess I will slap that in tomorrow. I rewired the main amps today to double the power to the front speakers. I also added an efecient class D amp for the subwoofer. Should put less of a strain on the electrical system not making the McIntosh try and push that sub. System sounds a whole lot better now.

Got the boost module wired in. Used a hard line to go through the firewall to some high temp vac lines. Also got my bass knob installed.

Looks nice! I'd love to see/hear your car in person.
    RS6 #1, 01E, 2.5" straight pipes, AMD Stage 1 6MT tune, 460awhp/530awtq on AMD's Mustang dyno. TOTALLED.. RS6 #2, Ebony Black Pearl on black/silver combination with carbon, up and running with 6 gears and AMD tune.

Well it seems my tune is very mild. I only see 10psi max and closer to 9.3 steady. I did check all the vac lines and replaced the diverters and FPR lines. Rest seemed good and newish. I don't have any codes and am unsure if the diverters may be leaking or if it is just a mild tune. At any rate that means I want a more aggressive tune.

So who makes the current flavor of the month? I hear GIAC runs lean and I see APR isn't what they used to be so which one should I get?

You could get stage 2 Eurocharged. Jerry is down in Texas

10sec tune is good and has brake boost...actually may be the way to go.

Yeah, down in Houston. I will give him a call tomorrow and see if he also does trans tunes.

Oh boy! New toys arrived today. The AD speakers showed up and I have to say, I am in love. They are not the prettiest things out there but they have excellent build quality and so far I am very happy with their performance. Everything dropped in pretty easily. The woofers dropped right into the factory location like they were made for the car. The JUST fit with maybe 1/16" to spare. Since I may not keep the tweeters I didnt want to modify them so I used some foam blocks to secure them under the OEM tweeter clip. The mids though, well thats a different story. I got the regular ones but needed the Neo magnet versions so they will fit. The regular ones are a bit too deep and the magnets too large. For now while I await the Neos I have used the tried and true DIYMA way of setting them in place. Lucky I have extra towels. LOL
    While I have many hours of testing and tuning ahead of me I can say right off the bat they blow the Morels away. Tweeters are much more crisp and detailed, mids are much more realistic and the mid-bass has kinda blown me away on what I thought a 6" could do. Cant wait to dial them in but using the exact settings I had on the Morels these speakers are far far superior.

Out with the old:

Side by side comparison:

Sometimes its the simple things to make me happy. Changed out the worn steering wheel badge and scratched up mirror switch.

Got the woofer covered.

And polished out the headlights a bit:

Going for a baseline dyno run on Saturday. Will be a Mustang dyno and he said they can get me TQ and A/F numbers as well. Tomorrow I am ordering the 034 ECU/TCU tune as well as the hand held tuner. Time to make some power.

Got the ECU/TCU paid for and ordered it with a 93 and 100 octane tune. Cant wait to see how she does on the dyno tomorrow! Place is an hour away and after the run it will give me 2 hours to get the car back and yank the TCU so FedEx can have it by 1 to get it to 034 early enough to make sure I get it back before next weekend and the car show up in Dallas.

Any guesses on what the stock numbers will be?

Excellent, should be a blast with the new tune. I'm guessing 352hp/338tq on the Mustang Dyno....ballpark stock numbers. Yes you read it right...lower torque from factory is standard, they knew the trans was weak from the start.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

This thread is worthless without data logs.

Dyno worthless without data logs.

Well thats ordered too but wont be here before the TCU has to go out. Sorry.

I will be doing HP and TQ as well as AF. My gauge can graph and record timing and fuel trims if you want? Or IATs or whatever. I figured on the dyno I would have it reading timing and IATs as I am curious what they will be under stock settings. Cruising down the road I have seen the car command 36* advance. Havent watched it under boost but will on the way to the dyno tomorrow.