Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: My brand new second hand RS6

Quote Originally Posted by LaserSVT View Post
    Freakin Lincoln engineers need to be shot.
    Line them up next to the Audi engineers...

Wow just read this entire thread, sounds like the Audi dealer tried the old banana in the tailpipe routine on your beast.

Happy to hear your back on the road
    Current: Black Pearl Metallic Effect/Ebony, RNS-E, Euro + pedals, oCarbon, Hotchkiss Front & Rear Sway Bars, Koni Yellow's

Quote Originally Posted by ttboost View Post
    Line them up next to the Audi engineers...
    Hey now, GM aint any better. Early LQ engines didn't even have a tensioner on the AC belt and you had to cut it off. And the blend/mode door actuators in the dash of a Cadillac are a special kind of hell. We wont even get into the Northstar. LOL
    That being said, everything in my old Cheby truck is cheap and easy to get to and it is BY FAR the most reliable vehicle I have ever owned. Don't think I have had to do anything to it besides oil changes in like 3 years.
    2014 S8 - Daytona Gray Pearl Effect, APR Stage 2 Tune, APR downpipes

Quote Originally Posted by Cmnair View Post
    Expected that comment from the "Z06 is garbage" guy
    Exactly. I thought the same thing when I read his comment. Also, I finally read this year's lighting lap issue (Oct 2015 I believe) of Car and Driver and saw the Z06 trounce everything, the exotics included, and I was just like yea, people will hate.
    RS6 #1 904959, Daytona, Silver, tons of "stuff," went through puddle, dead engine, end of #1 for me, rebuilt by local enthusiast and thriving.
    RS6 #2 904568, Avus, Ebony, no stuff, stock minus RNS-E.

The Z06 gets the comments it does on BOTH sides of the fence for very good reasons. Where the discussions always tank is when it comes to a quality ride. The Z06 is a track car - plain and simple. Just like the Viper 2.0T, it's a behemoth on the track and yes - trounces a good number of cars. This comes at the cost of quality. Yes a host of plastic and FRP parts in an effort to shed weight and more and more amounts of CF also. It's weight savings do not largely come as a result of more expensive materials as that would push the already fairly pricey domestic in to the exotic range. The result is that it's not the best made car and styling cues are always subjective no matter who you talk with. That's not to say that either is 'cheap' though, but all those lovers of the Z06 need to properly realize it's also not a high quality end product that those on the opposite side of the fence always get their panties up in a knot over. It's made just fine for what it needs to excel at and like the Viper 2.0T, it's definitely got good bang for buck.

Just my $0.02
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

totally agree with the above comment. Although I apologize for calling the car garbage, it certainly isn't, I just have a stereotypical image of corvette owners which sways my judgement. ive never been a fan of cars that scream "look at me",( which I why I love our understated beasts). sorry if I offended, if so please fill out this form. http://www.redonkulas.com/wp-content...ORM-IMTWF1.pdf
    I am sure you guys that own them are true down to earth fellows.
    Last edited by fukinavit; November 9th, 2015 at 22:23.
    2010 XC90 exec, winter machine (V8 of course)
    2004 RS6 official Canadian edition, Daytona grey, (best colour!), summer edition
    2011 Q7 TDI, general alrounder

Quote Originally Posted by Bigglezworth View Post
    The Z06 gets the comments it does on BOTH sides of the fence for very good reasons. Where the discussions always tank is when it comes to a quality ride. The Z06 is a track car - plain and simple. Just like the Viper 2.0T, it's a behemoth on the track and yes - trounces a good number of cars. This comes at the cost of quality. Yes a host of plastic and FRP parts in an effort to shed weight and more and more amounts of CF also. It's weight savings do not largely come as a result of more expensive materials as that would push the already fairly pricey domestic in to the exotic range. The result is that it's not the best made car and styling cues are always subjective no matter who you talk with. That's not to say that either is 'cheap' though, but all those lovers of the Z06 need to properly realize it's also not a high quality end product that those on the opposite side of the fence always get their panties up in a knot over. It's made just fine for what it needs to excel at and like the Viper 2.0T, it's definitely got good bang for buck.

Just my $0.02
    That's about as perfect as one could explain it.

Didn't notice I rolled past 80K yesterday. Hope she has another 80K in her. LOL

Peanuts.... Will go more than three times that and then some if properly maintained.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

Looked down at the speedometer the other day & it looked kind of funny. I thought something else was broken, but it was just all the 1s lined up turning 111,111Attachment 16865. Still have CEL from SAI & small fan codes that were present when I got the car back from repairs after the wreck last Thanksgiving- the insurance co. of course said that there could be no underhood damage from a rear-end collision ( they weren't there before the wreck & it just sat for a couple of months so it seems reasonable to assume that they were caused by the wreck).

I finally got my car back from having my gas tank replaced after that wreck due to recurring EVAP codes- it took ~ 5 weeks but at least I didn't run into all the problems that you had. It's amazing what all they can screw up.

It really does make you realize what a great car it is after you drive a rental for a while.

Ted
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20151105_163756(1).jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	95.6 KB 
ID:	16866  
    2003 RS6 - Avus Silver Pearl - Ebony Interior - Warm Weather Package - Carbon Fiber - ACE TC - SE Exhaust

Quote Originally Posted by Bigglezworth View Post

Just my $0.02
    Hmmmm... I wouldn't call the Z06 or ZR1 "not high quality". If you look under the skin (as you say styling is subjective)... you have aluminum frame, magnesium alloy engine cradle, carbon fiber front fenders (in some models the hood is carbon fiber), and carbon fiber/balsa wood composite floor...and this is just the Z06. The ZR1 has even more carbon fiber panels. All ZR1s and 2012-13 Z06s (optional) have the MRC suspension that Ferrari licensed from GM. The later year C6 Z06s with the 3LZ interior package is swathed with leather and decent seats (granted not euro quality yet but the C7s have closed the gap).

If you happen to be in NY I can give you a ride in my 13 Z06..very livable daily driver with the MRC suspension.
    2003 Audi RS6 Daytona/Silver, 2012 Porsche 911 Turbo S, 2016 Golf R 6 MT, 2018 Porsche Macan GTS

Quote Originally Posted by fukinavit View Post
    totally agree with the above comment. Although I apologize for calling the car garbage, it certainly isn't, I just have a stereotypical image of corvette owners which sways my judgement. ive never been a fan of cars that scream "look at me",( which I why I love our understated beasts). sorry if I offended, if so please fill out this form. http://www.redonkulas.com/wp-content...ORM-IMTWF1.pdf
    I am sure you guys that own them are true down to earth fellows.
    i appreciate all performance cars regardless of "brand" and try not to stereotype drivers of said brand. You should really drive a Z06 on a road course and then form your opinion independent of your image of the driver. By the way, a lot of people look at Audis and BMWs as "look at me" cars as well
    2003 Audi RS6 Daytona/Silver, 2012 Porsche 911 Turbo S, 2016 Golf R 6 MT, 2018 Porsche Macan GTS

Hmmmm... I wouldn't call the Z06 or ZR1 "not high quality". If you look under the skin (as you say styling is subjective)... you have aluminum frame, magnesium alloy engine cradle, carbon fiber front fenders (in some models the hood is carbon fiber), and carbon fiber/balsa wood composite floor...and this is just the Z06. The ZR1 has even more carbon fiber panels. All ZR1s and 2012-13 Z06s (optional) have the MRC suspension that Ferrari licensed from GM. The later year C6 Z06s with the 3LZ interior package is swathed with leather and decent seats (granted not euro quality yet but the C7s have closed the gap).

If you happen to be in NY I can give you a ride in my 13 Z06..very livable daily driver with the MRC suspension.
    I believe his statement was more to do with what you do see. Like the flimsy tail pannel and the hard plastics inside. Cheap looking climate control and lots of squeeks and rattles. The leather does not feel very supple and the A and B pillars look cheap. The cars feel cheap, more so when compared to what their performance counterparts have.
    But its a whole lot of car for the money. It beats cars that are 4x its cost. Its purely American. We go all out and forget the other items such as nice trim or a good ride. If we do focus on nice trim and a good ride then we throw out performance. LOL
    Performance AND comfort is something the Europeans just do better.

I believe his statement was more to do with what you do see. Like the flimsy tail pannel and the hard plastics inside. Cheap looking climate control and lots of squeeks and rattles. The leather does not feel very supple and the A and B pillars look cheap. The cars feel cheap, more so when compared to what their performance counterparts have.
    But its a whole lot of car for the money. It beats cars that are 4x its cost. Its purely American. We go all out and forget the other items such as nice trim or a good ride. If we do focus on nice trim and a good ride then we throw out performance. LOL
    Yup that is how those SMC panels are ....but they are fairly resilient..however not as strong or exotic as carbon fiber. I don't think your comments on the interior apply any more for the 3LZ cars after 2012, and the C7s are even better.

Anyway enough on this subject..sorry about the thread jack. How is your car driving now? Everything back to normal?

Runs and drives great. Been driving it every day. I think my front shocks may be worn out but other than that it seems to be all good.

Yep, my V is a squeaky rattle box compared to my old Audi. But for the cost of entry and mods, my performance is way beyond what I could have ever gotten. I need that in my life right now...

Quote Originally Posted by ttboost View Post
    Yep, my V is a squeaky rattle box compared to my old Audi. But for the cost of entry and mods, my performance is way beyond what I could have ever gotten. I need that in my life right now...
    Enjoy the V Mike! You have a 6 speed manual right? Mine was tight and rattle free when I turned it back in after 39 months.

Enjoy the V Mike! You have a 6 speed manual right? Mine was tight and rattle free when I turned it back in after 39 months.
    Thanks. My car is an auto, and isn't actually that bad. I had a clunk a while back, but 2 new rear shocks fixed it.