Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: My brand new second hand RS6

Simple things for simple minds...congrats on your achievement!!!!

I like turtles.

I was almost as happy as the day my drive shaft arrived.
    2014 S8 - Daytona Gray Pearl Effect, APR Stage 2 Tune, APR downpipes

...as you should be...

....and turtles are cool...

Quote Originally Posted by ttboost View Post
    ...as you should be...

....and turtles are cool...
    Man I tell ya, you LS guys are nuts. We had our monthly car meet last night and our little community has grown quite a bit (I am the only Audi though) and we had over 80 cars out. There was a little beef going on over a 2015 Mustang GT that had a 900hp sticker on it that turned out to be legit but still a few of the LS cars he called out put a hurting on him. We went to Mexico and did some runs and thats when I really saw just how out-gunned I am and will always be. First run was the Stang against a 2012 CTS-V twin turbo making over 1100 rwhp and that CTS just walked all over him. So he went up against the 990 rwhp TT GTO that just trounced him. Then tried the 890 rwhp 2010 Z06 on a 200 shot of nitrous that easily walked him and then he tried the 750 rwhp Camaro ZL1 that got him twice and almost had him a 3rd time but had traction issues at 100. LOL
    For the cost of my front brakes and exhaust they all had more power than I could ever hope to make. Really the Vette and Camaro hardly had much thrown at them at all to make those nice numbers. In normal street conditions I can take all of them to 40 and most to 60 but everyone wants to roll race now and I just cant keep up.

Quote Originally Posted by LaserSVT View Post
    Man I tell ya, you LS guys are nuts. We had our monthly car meet last night and our little community has grown quite a bit (I am the only Audi though) and we had over 80 cars out. There was a little beef going on over a 2015 Mustang GT that had a 900hp sticker on it that turned out to be legit but still a few of the LS cars he called out put a hurting on him. We went to Mexico and did some runs and thats when I really saw just how out-gunned I am and will always be. First run was the Stang against a 2012 CTS-V twin turbo making over 1100 rwhp and that CTS just walked all over him. So he went up against the 990 rwhp TT GTO that just trounced him. Then tried the 890 rwhp 2010 Z06 on a 200 shot of nitrous that easily walked him and then he tried the 750 rwhp Camaro ZL1 that got him twice and almost had him a 3rd time but had traction issues at 100. LOL
    For the cost of my front brakes and exhaust they all had more power than I could ever hope to make. Really the Vette and Camaro hardly had much thrown at them at all to make those nice numbers. In normal street conditions I can take all of them to 40 and most to 60 but everyone wants to roll race now and I just cant keep up.
    LOL...Yeah, I've said it 1000 times, and I'll say it again, I loved my RS6, but it is the wrong platform to build a fast car. And I'm not too sure you can beat any of them to 40 or 60. My V ran 2.84 0-60, granted at the track with DR's, but still, probably still a mid to high 3 on the street...but I bet your car doesn't clunk and rattle everywhere...

Thats my point, they can do it if they hook but for the most part on street tires on the street they will spin to a low 4/ high 3 second 0-60 run where as the Audi does not care what the surface is like and consistently does under 4 seconds.

Yeah, my best 0-60 in my RS6 was 3.8 when I was an auto...lots of 4.0-4.2's, tuned. I never did any when I was a stock or a stick...

Yippie! Finally got a manual! Yeah its a stupid thing to be excited about but the struggle was real. LOL

I'm glad you got them. Luckily I had a extra set at the house. Sorry it took so long to get it to you.
    #1 RS6 Mugello/Silver, RNS-E, Revo Tune, Sold. #2 RS6 Avus Silver/Silver, SE Exhaust. 08 Suburban LTZ 4x4. 09 Cadillac CTS-V 670 hp. Sold. 2000 BMW Z3M Roadster Dinan Supercharged, 2008 BM3 m3 Coupe, 2011 BMW M3 sedan, 1990 Spec Miata.

Pretty difficult to have a single car that does everything. Do you want a 1/4 mile racer that requires frequent overhaul, an autocross racer that corners and brakes well, a midnight bullet to impress the girl friend or the guys even more, a family car that can pick the parents up from the airport, a car to take clients out for lunch, a convertible for those nice days when you want the wind to blow through your hair, do you want quality or speed, do you like to hotrod and perform your own mechanics, do you want good mileage, do you need to account for inclemant weather, etc...??

There will ALWAYS be a faster car and you will always want something that is better than what you already have. That aside, this is why a number of auto enthusiasts have more than one ride and end up with multiple cars that are taylored to a specific desire for that day. I don't have a convertible in the stable any longer, but I do have a midnight racer, a daily driver that doubles for taking clients out for lunch or to run errands with my daughters, and a two seater exotic for those nice weekend days, trips to the mountains, or for a day at the track. It's a great cross mix of automobiles for what I can afford and what I do most. The RS6 will NEVER do it all and it's not designed to do so. Neither will the GTO, CTS-V, ZL-1, or the Mustang you note. The RS6 will however do one thing that NONE of those other cars will and that is perform well on ice and show in the winter.... I would hesitate to guess that the owners of those other cars would park their rides and wouldn't even venture outside if it was raining muchless if there was snow falling....

Just my thoughts.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

Yep, correct. I own 3 other vehicles that are AWD...Caddy does everything else Tim stated above, but the snow, ONLY because I don't want to. PLENTY of guys put snow tires on, with some weight in the trunk and DD these cars. I choose not to...

Yep, correct. I own 3 other vehicles that are AWD...Caddy does everything else Tim stated above, but the snow, ONLY because I don't want to. PLENTY of guys put snow tires on, with some weight in the trunk and DD these cars. I choose not to...
    I DD'ed my CTS-V for 3 years in NY winters. I had snow tires of course but anything over 6" it was parked. I just did not go out when it snowed more than 6"
    2003 Audi RS6 Daytona/Silver, 2012 Porsche 911 Turbo S, 2016 Golf R 6 MT, 2018 Porsche Macan GTS

I have owned Mustangs and Camaros and Corvettes and Ferraris and Porsches and RX7s and just an absolute chit ton of other cars and multiples of those cars. I knew going into this what I was doing. I wanted a multi talented vehicle across several areas. I wanted it to be classy, check. I wanted it to be luxurious with lots of goodies, check. Wanted a functional back seat, check. Wanted it to fly under the radar, check. Wanted it to be able to launch hard no matter how bad my driving was, check. The ability to defy its weight and size going through a corner, check. I wanted stupid levels of power easily...... well that isnt quite gonna happen but I have come to terms with it. LOL

I have built so many purpose built machines over the years and am tired of bone jarring rides, exhausts that drone out your thoughts, gas pedals that are like playing Russian Roulette and wondering just which time the car will try and kill you.
    I am happy with my car. Its fast enough where none of those high HP guys will run me from a dig. It meets all my other criteria just fine and I have no plans of changing cars. I am not a rich man but if I save up over the next year or so I can afford to get to the 600 awhp level and I know that it will be my wall with a built auto. I am fine with that now. It is what it is.
    My post was just really a continuing conversation with TT and my admiration of the LS powered cars. I like all of them but do not desire any of them. I was really just more shocked with what we have in our little town. I knew we had a couple high HP cars but there is quite a few. We are not at Houston power levels where if you have 1200 rwhp you are the underdog but there are some impressive machines still. I wasnt invited into this group of speed nuts until I got my Audi even though I had some respectable cars prior so I didnt really ever get to see some of the real fast stuff before. Now I get to see the really quick cars and most are LS powered.

This post really has no point. lol I love my RS6, it is respected enough to be feared from a dig. It is by no means the fastest car out there or even close but it checks all the boxes I wanted checked save for the big power numbers. Funny thing is when I take people for a ride that have "regular" performance cars they are always blown away by the super saloon and its power. Its exciting and frustrating that we live in a time where 450 hp at the wheels is no big deal for a street car.

I own 3 other vehicles that are AWD.
    ¿Qué más?
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

Quote Originally Posted by Bigglezworth View Post
    ¿Qué más?
    My new High Country Duramax, Wifey's TDI Touareg (yeah, the clean machine), and the 535xi, (the "spare "sh*tbox)...my company car is a FWD Altima...

Just scored a NIB set of Hella clear tail lights for dirt cheap. I wanted smoked ones so as soon as they arrive they go over to my lighting guy to be taken apart and have their ambers pulled and then smoke tinted on the inside for pretty much what the lights cost. lol Cant wait though, always wanted a pair of them.

I just have to give another thanks to Dave Hall. Should have known better and just do what he says. lol
    I did an oil change a couple months ago with Rotella and sure enough on colder mornings the engine has to pump back up its lash and chain adjusters due to the low zinc content.
    Speaking with Bryan at BND he went into great detail about how and why that is and how there is no oil that meets our cars requirements now. He also shared some testing info that does show the BND to be a superior product. So $240 latter I have 3 gallons and his high performance filter on the way as well as a bottle of his fuel system octane booster so I can try out my 100 octane tune.

No more short cuts for me. Only using the best of the best on my baby.

Thanks Dave!

Wait, what was that? Rotella is junk? $12 dollars a gallon at Walmart. Whatever gave you that idea?

LOL

I cant get over how far these cars have dropped in value. But if you watch the little details and pay attention to service intervals and the fluids used.....these cars could last a long, long time. I certainly hope so because I'm all in at this point.

The Audi dealer in Tucson even used the wrong oil and a stupid Wix oil filter in Colin's old car. The level of competence has dropped so far that a new Audi dealer fails to exercise the proper care in this old jalopy.

Long live these old turds.

I just have to give another thanks to Dave Hall. Should have known better and just do what he says. lol
    I did an oil change a couple months ago with Rotella and sure enough on colder mornings the engine has to pump back up its lash and chain adjusters due to the low zinc content.
    Speaking with Bryan at BND he went into great detail about how and why that is and how there is no oil that meets our cars requirements now. He also shared some testing info that does show the BND to be a superior product. So $240 latter I have 3 gallons and his high performance filter on the way as well as a bottle of his fuel system octane booster so I can try out my 100 octane tune.

No more short cuts for me. Only using the best of the best on my baby.

Thanks Dave!
    Last edited by DHall1; February 16th, 2016 at 03:56.

Yeah I know. I r teh dumb. I listened to a few people that said its fine to run it and because i wanted it done now i bought what was available. I will remedy that. Should have just went with what you said as you aint never wrong.

Funny thing is on the C5 FB page people are really kinda going off on me that I would buy such an expensive oil and that Rotella is fine as is Mobil or Castrol. Then there is that one dick that harps on one and only one little thing, that I forgot what Rotella weight I bought. Hell I dunno, I bought what i was told is supposed to be good. I am also being told that oil brand wont matter on keeping the adjusters primed even though Bryan says the opposite. I look at who on here uses it and it seems its the people who have their cars the longest and are pushing the most power and seem to know all the little things about these cars.

Guess there will always be keyboard warriors. lol