Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: R8 coil pack adapters?

R8 coil pack adapters?

I was reading threads on the adapters and rdcyclist but couldnt really find the correct ones for the RS6, does anyone have a contact for him? I need to start ordering parts for the Rig.

I started looking over the car yesterday and found some issues that need to be addressed including broken clips for what appears to be knock sensors, some animal who seemed to have a fetish with gray silicone and zipties had his way with a bunch of the electrical connectors and from what I can tell the car has a oil leak that didnt get fixed properly so I figure that needs to be done at the same time as the belts and hoses. (Looks like a fellpro gasket and a tube of RTV didnt do the trick...moron.)

034 motorsports has some 'adapters' don't know whether they'd work though

Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

I signed up over at Audizine and PM'd rdcyclist to see if they are available. I like the idea of delrin over aluminum, call me crazy but plastic should work great.

So on my s4, I sourced vw touareg adapters. Made of plastic, cost only a few dallors each. Did the job just fine.
    -Mike-
    03 RS6 Mugello/Ivory #905565
    01 S4 Casa/sport/6spd

Quote Originally Posted by kruat View Post
    So on my s4, I sourced vw touareg adapters. Made of plastic, cost only a few dallors each. Did the job just fine.
    http://www.proeuroperformance.com/oe...adapter-plate/

Nice score!

Quote Originally Posted by 6172crew View Post
    These and the R8 coil packs, all that is needed right? Basically just cost savings over the stock rs6 coil packs is the reason?
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

My understanding is the R8 coil pack is an upgrade from stock and since my coil packs are stock I wanted to replace them at the same time I do the belts and hoses. I also have 2 broken clips so those will need to be replaced at the same time. The one plug I removed looked fairly new but those are getting swapped as well.

I think the reason stock coils fail is running plugs out of spec, but thats just my theory. When a coil has to put out more to get a plug to spark it put strain on the coil. Anyhow, I dont think i will gain anything from the coils except piece of mind, the car got around 21.5 MPG from TX to NM.

Sounds good, thanks. Makes sense. I see stock coil packs are only a few more dollars each anyhow.

Yes, great highway mileage. 22 on the highway and 12 around the city!

Quote Originally Posted by 6172crew View Post
    Shop around, I'm pretty sure I got mine for around 3 buck each.
    -Mike-
    01 S4 Casa/sport/6spd

I did get a Pm back from rdcyclist, he get $110 for the set and uses his name/yaho email account to accept paypal for his delron ones.

Did you drill them to use the bolts in the locations or no?
    Quote Originally Posted by kruat View Post
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

Nope, no drilling. They just clipped in the existing bolt holes.
    -Mike-
    01 S4 Casa/sport/6spd

Nice to know. They clip in firmly?
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

Ya, if I remember correctly. It's been a few years. Secure enough to hold the coils.
    -Mike-
    01 S4 Casa/sport/6spd

Has anyone fitted these Touareg adapters on the RS6 engine?

And what is the OEM part number on the best coils for this? (is it 06E905115E ? )

Is there any difference between the OEM R8 coils against Bosch, NGK, Febi, Beru etc..
    RS6/S8 engine, 6spd tdi 01E, EFR7163 turbos, custom built exhaust manifolds, S8 camshafts, MaxxEcu Pro, wagners ic's, bigger fuel rails, AN8 fuel line, 2xwalbro 450lph fuel pump
    and EV14 1500cc fuel injectors in my S8/RS8

Quote Originally Posted by RS8 View Post
    Has anyone fitted these Touareg adapters on the RS6 engine?

And what is the OEM part number on the best coils for this? (is it 06E905115E ? )

Is there any difference between the OEM R8 coils against Bosch, NGK, Febi, Beru etc..
    What adapters? No info provided...and why the heck try and use a Touareg adapter?

I too have been wondering about the difference. Think I heard the R8 packs hold up better with aftermarket plugs.

Lou,

a few posts up, kruat and I were talking about the Touareg adapters.

http://www.proeuroperformance.com/oe...adapter-plate/