Thread: Is there anything additional I should know about the fuel tank valve recall?

Is there anything additional I should know about the fuel tank valve recall?

I typed in the vin to the rs. Audi site lists the fuel rollover valve recall. Only thing that made me think about it is that I notice there is a spot of fuel underneath the tank near the filter and secondary pump. My first guess was and is rusty metal lines. Before I tear into it should I pursue this rollover valve thing first?

From what I've read the symptom of this is a leak only when filling up you get a leak only after fill up with a full tank? Just wondering if this is worth messing with?

Valve is to stop the fuel from empting out of the tank through the filler tube when vehicle is inverted. Valve is above the level of a full tank. Has nothing to do with the fuel lines that come from the tank feeding the engine where fuel could leak from a fitting/coupler when the vehicle is upright.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

So in these leaking cases? Sounds like it's parked and leaking. Is this a byproduct of gas sloshing around during spirited driving? Curious minds who are too lazy to change the valve/fitting want to know.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com