Thread: does anyone recall or have pics of the routing for the original oil cooler lines?

does anyone recall or have pics of the routing for the original oil cooler lines?

With all the issues I had getting the oe oil cooler and lines repaired, I decided to just go aftermarket. Fits up very nicely but I can't recall how the oe lines are routed. I want to make sure I have it set correctly before attempting to hoist this beast back into the car (which is very close btw).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6431.JPG 
Views:	91 
Size:	132.0 KB 
ID:	16678

Lines point down, run under/behind the passenger motor mount then under the alternator finally mounting on the upper oil pan just below the accessory belt. Click images for original size.

03 RS6 Avus/Ebony #905593 resurrected 6MT, 04 Avalanche Z71, 87 T-Bird Turbo Coupe (351W T5), 04 Aprilia RSVR Factory

Looks like you have the take-off rotated incorrectly. Both oil lines come off the bottom and route under the motor where they have a bracket that fastens to the front of the oil pan before snaking sideways to mount to the side of the FMOC.

Name:	IMG_0174 - Copy.jpg 
Views:	276 
Size:	43.9 KB 
ID:	16679
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

Quote Originally Posted by bethridg View Post
    Lines point down, run under/behind the passenger motor mount then under the alternator finally mounting on the upper oil pan just below the accessory belt. Click images for original size.

got it. Thanks. Looks like I'll be using the straight connectors, turn the cooler, and point it down. Remember the engine fitting VERY tight against the frame coming out. Didn't think they could point to the side. Now I know for sure.

I think this is better.

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	121.6 KB 
ID:	16680

Views:	88 
Size:	114.7 KB 
ID:	16681

Views:	97 
Size:	113.5 KB 
ID:	16682

That wire harness zip tied to the coolant pipe makes me twitch. Here is how it's supposed to be routed and secured to the stub mount bracket.

03 RS6 Avus/Ebony #905593 resurrected 6MT, 04 Avalanche Z71, 87 T-Bird Turbo Coupe (351W T5), 04 Aprilia RSVR Factory

Quote Originally Posted by bethridg View Post
    That wire harness zip tied to the coolant pipe makes me twitch. Here is how it's supposed to be routed and secured to the stub mount bracket.

Ill put it up higher if you think that'd be better. No need for it to go to mount. It's just a resistor. No more need with stern mounts. Bypassed.

The harness Y's into that oil pressure sensor(?) still. I'd roll up the motor mount side and secure it in that space above the alternator bracket. Keep those wires far away from the exhaust manifold.

Also, on the drivers side I picked up some 1/2" Thermaflect Sleeve to protect the CPS, VSS and the reverse light wires. It would really suck to get the car back together only to have a wire get melted.