Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SAI Removal and coding out

Quote Originally Posted by RSoverAll View Post
    Readiness can actually be set with VCDS.
    As in you can set something as ready when it is set to not be ready by default? I'm new to this emissions/inspection thing, and will post a new thread soon with info from my car. I need to read up on the readiness list, something like what OE posted, Readiness: 0110 1011.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Quote Originally Posted by RSoverAll View Post
    Readiness can actually be set with VCDS.
    Please, do tell. I don't know enough about the Vag-Com...
    #905530 - Brilliant Black on Ebony. Sorted, running strong, ready for a new owner.
    No, I am not the board admin - that's Erik (from Sweden), I'm Other_Erik (from the US)

Quote Originally Posted by P1054 View Post
    Here's a picture of my loop. I didn't get a chance to check my readiness values last night, I'll see if I can get to it tonight. I assume the car needs to run for a while before checking?

Actually we do have ethanol.. Up to 10%, but there's a CFN about two minutes from my house with ethanol free premium.

You have no idea how jealous I am. If I want no ethanol I've got two choices - drive out to the track (30 miles each direction) and pay $9.95/gal for 100 octane unleaded race fuel, or drive out past Front Royal (80 miles each direction). Otherwise I get 10-15% ethanol at the pump and gas mileage and power suffer.

I think for readiness to calibrate properly without VCDS intervention, it just needs to be up to temperature, more than 75 miles since last ODB2 reset.

O_E
    #905530 - Brilliant Black on Ebony. Sorted, running strong, ready for a new owner.
    No, I am not the board admin - that's Erik (from Sweden), I'm Other_Erik (from the US)

http://www.ross-tech.com/vcds/tour/readiness.html

As in set your readiness monitors to "Pass" or "Ready" in the comfort of your garage w/o performing the actual drive cycles.

Not as in if your car is SAI delete you can force the readiness monitors to "Ready" when the ECU determines there is actually a fault.
    Last edited by RSoverAll; August 26th, 2015 at 19:00.

Aha, thanks for the info. Playing this game soon...

Woohoo! 91 pure just down the street, http://pure-gas.org/index.jsp?stateprov=NY
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Ha, good luck on the passenger side with EVERYTHING you gotta do to get it out that's all i gotta say haha. WORTH IT THO
    BB GT28's w/ Tial Wastegates, Full 3" Open Exhaust, Wagners, Billet Triple Disk Converter, Built Trans, Exedy Friction Disks, ECU/TCU Tuned, 450/AEM400/1000cc/AFPR, E85, R8 Coils, Nubcake Tuned. Fastest RS6 in the USA :)

Erik, I tested the readiness bits on mine today and got 0000 0000 (all passed, including the SAI). See below.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0554.jpg 
Views:	221 
Size:	41.3 KB 
ID:	16669
    RS6 #1, 01E, 2.5" straight pipes, AMD Stage 1 6MT tune, 460awhp/530awtq on AMD's Mustang dyno. TOTALLED.. RS6 #2, Ebony Black Pearl on black/silver combination with carbon, up and running with 6 gears and AMD tune.