Thread: Rotors - OEM vs. Zimmerman vs. Lambo

Mech Rotors - OEM vs. Zimmerman vs. Lambo

Just a few quick photos of the front rotors to show the differences between each. Quick notes are:
    1. Zimmerman non-drilled
    2. Different venting on all three
    3. Different cross drilling on OEM vs. Lambo (15 rows of cross drilled holes on Lambo and 14 on OEM. Also a lot of the cross drilled holes on the Lambo rotors are in fact solid and not drilled)
    4. Different amount of isolation pins on Lambo vs. Zimmerman and OEM (14 on the OEM & Zimmerman and 15 on the Lambo)
    5. Different hubs on the back of the Lambos

Non-cross drilled holes on Lambo
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lambo drilled.jpg 
Views:	717 
Size:	54.2 KB 
ID:	16628

Lambo & OEM rear face

Name:	OEM & Lambo Rear.jpg 
Views:	724 
Size:	62.6 KB 
ID:	16629

Lambo & Zimmerman rear face

Name:	Zimmerman & Lambo Rear.jpg 
Views:	709 
Size:	75.0 KB 
ID:	16632

Lambo & OEM venting

Name:	OEM & Lambo.jpg 
Views:	676 
Size:	71.6 KB 
ID:	16630

OEM & Zimmerman venting

Name:	OEM & Zimmerman.jpg 
Views:	632 
Size:	66.2 KB 
ID:	16631

Zimmerman & Lambo venting

Name:	Zimmerman & Lambo.jpg 
Views:	598 
Size:	87.2 KB 
ID:	16633
    Last edited by Bigglezworth; August 23rd, 2015 at 16:53.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

Im liking the lambo rotors

I'll second the Lambo's, best looking cooling fins/spacing. Good details Bigz!
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Where do you source the lambo rotors?
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

So I buy these, right? Interesting how only middle drilled holes go through, read about this but never found the reason.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...obalID=EBAY-US
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

But...these are either side directional it seems, not specific side like OEM? Not that I track...

That's for a newer model so can't guarantee they are a match for fit, but yes - venting is the same for both and no specific side - arrow points both ways.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

Thanks. Yes, more info would be nice on the listing. Zimmers going for $305 per side, directional, with complete holes.

I dont see how oem would have venting the same for left and right. no go for me

I had made mention that not all of the cross drilled holes were in fact holes. In looking at them closely, there is no reason physically that would limit the holes from being drilled all the way through so like you remain unclear on why they aren't drilled.

As for directional, both OEM RS6 and OEM Gallardo are clearly marked with directional arrows. The RS6 rotors have the arrows clearly showing one direction along with an L or R, while the Gallardo rotors have the arrows showing rotation both ways (non-directional) and not L or R marking. I would view this as wrong as you want the air to draw to the center of the rotor and then push out to the edge. I questioned this when I purchased the pair second hand and the seller stated that is how they came on his Gallardo. The rotors I have here were removed within only a few months after being purchased new (4-5K).
    Last edited by Bigglezworth; August 28th, 2015 at 03:29.

Now You have me wondering if the lambo brake rotors are interchangeable. If so, Would an aluminum hat last on these heavier cars ? They have a 2 year warranty. The Wilwood 2 piece rotors i have on another car are aluminum hubs.

http://www.carid.com/2012-lamborghini-gallardo-brakes/

The stock rotors have an Aluminum hat?
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

The stock rotors do not have an aluminum hat. probably cast iron. lighter than steel. better for heat dissipation too.

As further information on the manufacturer front, here's the information on the "centric" 365mm front rotors (aka StopTech rotors).

http://www.amazon.com/Centric-128-33.../dp/B005JDRHSG

Can't remember the site, but was posted on this forum. they had both Centric and stoptech listed. is the stoptech a better, performance rotor ? made by the same company ? always thought centric was a cheapo oem replacement. here is the Stoptech link

https://www.topbrakes.com/c/car-seri....2L+Twin+Turbo

C300, maybe we're talking about something else but these are the stock Brake rotors, manufactured by SHW.
    http://www.shw.de/cms/en/business_segments/brake_discs/
    Cast Iron rotor, Aluminum hat, Stainless Steel pins joining the two so the rotor can float and limit the transfer of heat to the wheel hub/bearing.
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA