Thread: For those of you who have installed manual and metal slave cylinder...

For those of you who have installed manual and metal slave cylinder...

On one of the other forums I had been reading a few people not particularly happy with the clutch engagement point of the pedal position being almost all the way out. Supposedly this can be attributed to the different (longer) slave cylinder push rod that comes with the metal cylinder. Something like 88 mm compared to stock at 81-82 mm. Some had mentioned cutting the rod down a little or simply using the stock rod with the metal slave.

Was as hoping someone could confirm or deny this so I can decide whether or not to install the stock rod. ...and hopefully can come to a decision before this weekend when she gets mounted back in the car.

I had oem slave on a b5 s4 and currently I have the USP metal slave on the rs6, it's hard to tell the difference between the two. The engagement point is very similar, it's somewhere in the middle of the the pedal travel, using spec 4 clutch.
    6spd complete

I had the USP steel line and slave also. I seem to recall it let up fairly high also.

I've got the metal slave and the engagement seems to be in the middle but by the time I seem to be hooked up, it's like the pedal is almost at the top. Kinda hard to explain.

The adapter and flywheel is designed with the same lengths as the stock 2.7T / 01E / DMFW setup.
    2012 Q7 TDI S-Line - 2010 GTI - 2007 A3 3.2 S-Line - 2003 RS6
    2001 Honda S2000 - 1977 Honda CBR 750-F2 - 1965 GMC 1500 WideSide