Thread: i have no intention of selling, but asking what you think out of pure curiousity...

i have no intention of selling, but asking what you think out of pure curiousity...

I'm just curious as I'm trying to justify the cost to myself. There isn't another car I know of (not just this one but saying the RS6 C5 in general) that will do what this one will anywhere near this price range.

Wondering what it "might" be worth when complete.

It's the mugello blue, light grey interior. Seats are good I would say in 85% perfect condition, 119k miles. For those of you who haven't followed any of my posts, here's a quick rundown...so much completed and documented everything even with pics (as you may have guessed by my build thread).

01E FTL tdi trans freshly built, new front axles,
    srm turbos brand new
    recored srm intercoolers brand new
    ALL MAINTENANCE...you name it, it's been done..tb, vc, pulleys, cam pads, water pump....on and on.
    upgraded walbro fuel pump,
    new water meth kit
    55 lb bosch injectors,
    new sensors all around
    new ss race cat downpipes,
    and I know there is a bunch more but I'm not selling, just giving a general idea.

It'll have 500 whp on pump for sure. no doubt even some people may say it won't and I'll get it dyno'ed and documented. I've read the discussions about the validity of dyno...really doesn't matter to me. It's just that all this stuff has been done and you'll FEEL the power I'm sure. I don't plan on taking it to a track and getting 1/4 mile times. I'll also have a tune for e85, that will hopefully be capable of axle-busting 600 whp.

I was told it'll be switchable in the car through the accelerator pedal.

Fire away.

$28k...give or take a few grand for interior and exterior condition. You can buy a busted trans RS6 for $10-14k and mod from there is part of my thinking. Just 2 cents, keep up the good work!
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

I'll give you about Six-Fiddy, but gonna need that slushbox sitting in the trunk on delivery

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	six-hunnit-and-fiddy-dollars.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	45.5 KB 
ID:	16599

In all seriousness, going 6MT reduces your purchaser pool significantly here in the US. It's not just a lack of people able to drive manual, it's also people like me who just aren't WILLING to muddle through traffic constantly shuffling the clutch pedal. With your condition/mod list I'd say you'd be looking at a $22k car with the auto still installed, and maybe a $18-19k car with the manual unless you find _The Right Buyer_ who's looking for a turnkey 6MT RS6 - in which case maybe 24-25k ish?
    #905530 - Brilliant Black on Ebony. Sorted, running strong, ready for a new owner.
    No, I am not the board admin - that's Erik (from Sweden), I'm Other_Erik (from the US)

I think it's pretty safe to say that any would-be RS6 buyer would prefer a properly-installed 6MT than the dodgy auto 'box, honestly. If I could've found one when I was searching I would've bought it. RS6 buyers are enthusiasts; enthusiasts prefer three pedals. There's plenty of other fast slushbox cars if they don't like yours.

I'd venture around $25k to the right buyer.
    2017 Subaru BRZ Limited w/ Performance Pack 6MT
    2003 Audi RS 6 quattro 5AT - sold

Regarding the transmissions, I would almost certainly have purchased a manual car over an auto IF, and only if, they had a comprehensive list of what they used. For example, I would want a fully rebuilt TDI transmission, not a used A6 01E.. Also I'd be picky about the clutch, axles, slave cylinder, clutch line, transmission fluid, drive line, shifter assembly, shift knob (although that's easy to change), tune, turbos, all new gaskets and seals (with proof of purchase and/or install), transmission adapter if any, starter installation method, flywheel, new attachment hardware all around. And then of course the other little things like EGTs, O2s, Bufkin pipe, engine/teams mounts, etc would be a plus as well. Oh and a proper turbo and clutch break-in.

Then again, I enjoyed doing my own conversion and knowing it was properly done..
    RS6 #1, 01E, 2.5" straight pipes, AMD Stage 1 6MT tune, 460awhp/530awtq on AMD's Mustang dyno. TOTALLED.. RS6 #2, Ebony Black Pearl on black/silver combination with carbon, up and running with 6 gears and AMD tune.

Ugh, you guys and your 6MT conversions are making me so jealous... soon as I find an extra $10k lying around, boy...

It's worth the same price as a the car next to it with the same mileage and a 5Tip that has been replaced with OEM gen 2 tranny or a quality aftermarket rebuilder (with confirmed receipts). In fact many would say it's worth less as there are more owners in the group that perfer to have the auto vs clutching. The manual is more for the owner that wants to mod it while the auto is for those that like it stock. I have yet to see a 6MT for for a premium.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

Good to hear the opinions. Thanks.

As as for selling it, I just wanted to see how close I would get to my money invested. And again, anything suggested is all opinion, I realize. It always boils down to finding the right person. From my searches it seems like the market for these is extremely limited and those that do want them are usually fanatics.
    A few years ago, had I been browsing the internet for vehicles, I would have had no idea what this car is or what it's capable of. I would have probably clicked right past. That same search today would have me looking all over for this EXACT car. I am now a fanatic. One of a select few it seems.

https://youtu.be/u5HOt0ZOcYk

Can you really put a price on happiness?
    03 RS6 Avus/Ebony #905593 resurrected 6MT, 04 Avalanche Z71, 87 T-Bird Turbo Coupe (351W T5), 04 Aprilia RSVR Factory

Quote Originally Posted by Bigglezworth View Post
    It's worth the same price as a the car next to it with the same mileage and a 5Tip that has been replaced with OEM gen 2 tranny or a quality aftermarket rebuilder (with confirmed receipts). In fact many would say it's worth less as there are more owners in the group that perfer to have the auto vs clutching. The manual is more for the owner that wants to mod it while the auto is for those that like it stock. I have yet to see a 6MT for for a premium.
    I would have to agree. We've seen it time and time again. It's only worth what someone will pay. You rarely get any of your mod money back, if any. The only advantage you may have is doing your own swap. You will at least not lose the $3k-$5k install cost from a shop. I sold mine for $20k, I think there is another one for sale now, for $20k...
    It seems the idea of having a manual car, that isn't supposed to be, is more appealing than actually owning one. I enjoyed mine, and it was fast as stink, but I guess I am old now...love just having 2 pedals now...

Quote Originally Posted by Fastguy View Post
    Good to hear the opinions. Thanks.

As as for selling it, I just wanted to see how close I would get to my money invested. And again, anything suggested is all opinion, I realize. It always boils down to finding the right person. From my searches it seems like the market for these is extremely limited and those that do want them are usually fanatics.
    A few years ago, had I been browsing the internet for vehicles, I would have had no idea what this car is or what it's capable of. I would have probably clicked right past. That same search today would have me looking all over for this EXACT car. I am now a fanatic. One of a select few it seems.
    Good, keep it forever!