Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fair price for '03 RS6 with 17k miles?

Fair price for '03 RS6 with 17k miles?

So, what are some pricing thoughts regarding an '03 RS6 with 17k miles in MINT condition?

- original owner
    - 2 sets of OEM wheels and tires
    - complete service history
    - clean CarFax / no accidents

I believe some low mileage RS6s have sold within the last year or so, but I don't remember any specifics - high $20's or low $30's rings a bell.

That's tough. I recall seeing some with 30-40k miles selling in the low $30k range when I bought mine a couple years ago. NADA states $25k and KBB $26k but I honestly think it should be worth more than what their mileage algorithm gives it. That car is one of certainly less than, probably 50 examples stateside with under 20k miles. In the end it's all down to what you're comfortable paying relative to what the owner is comfortable selling for.

If you need ammunition to buy it at a lower price than what is asked, consider what else can be purchased for similar money. 2010+ S4's are dipping into the high 20's/low 30's now with 50k or fewer miles, and dynamically they are a lot of fun to drive and offer probably 85% of the performance potential. Merc AMG's can be had with more power and more features for the same or less money (although they won't have AWD). You could lease an S3 or S4 for roughly 24-28k overall expense over 36 months and not have to worry about the maintenance obligation of an RS6. Also, despite the low mileage, it is still a 12-year-old-car, and the mileage does not excuse it from falling victim to the same problems a high mileage car could face, due to its age.

Good luck!
    2017 Subaru BRZ Limited w/ Performance Pack 6MT
    2003 Audi RS 6 quattro 5AT - sold

I bought mine last year, for 21k, with 43k on her clock. All maintenance records and all stock. Seems the rs6 market has dropped a little bit in the last year, as I thought I got a great deal when I bought mine.
    -Mike-
    03 RS6 Mugello/Ivory #905565
    01 S4 Casa/sport/6spd

35-38

Post specs colors vin history

Quote Originally Posted by Turbowned View Post
    Also, despite the low mileage, it is still a 12-year-old-car, and the mileage does not excuse it from falling victim to the same problems a high mileage car could face, due to its age
    THIS!!!

If we have forgotten about the 7.5k mile example (ebony) in Texas and the purchaser didn't do a PPI, purchased sight-unseen and purchased a Fidelity Warranty = Transmission $hit the bed 120 miles later.

Personally, I would be uber cautious about a low mile example at 12yo that hasn't been flogged like it should be.

Price? High $20k- low $30k ($32k tops).

Chicken Dinner Dave... bock bock!
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

The last example that was mint and 30k miles or so went for $32k on eBay I believe, seems about right. Also a potential rats nest of common problems that will need to be fixed. Still, to have perfect paint, interior, engine bay, and just a like new car I would pay the $32k if I had it.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

It's listed for $45k.

Quote Originally Posted by SeattleS4 View Post
    It's listed for $45k.
    Will be there for a long time at that price.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

Quote Originally Posted by SeattleS4 View Post
    It's listed for $45k.
    $38k to the right buyer who has no idea or care about the upcoming costs...got a link?
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

I think the price has been dropped a good bit in the last year or 2. Bought mine in great condition 4 months back, completely stock with 54,000 miles on it for just over 17,000. I would think high 20's at best.
    2003 Audi RS6 Avus blacked out headlights, emblems and tinted tails, 10 sec tune, K&N, gutted precats, deleted SAi, aux rad and sec cats, MTM TCU, Venair hoses, Miro 112 with 255/35/19, Odessy 925t. Soon to come meth injection and new brakes to slow it back down. :)

Quote Originally Posted by RKturbo View Post
    I think the price has been dropped a good bit in the last year or 2. Bought mine in great condition 4 months back, completely stock with 54,000 miles on it for just over 17,000. I would think high 20's at best.
    Condition is very debatable, we're talking a perfect almost new car. The eBay one was a gem, bidding was solid. You may have got a great deal too, sometimes people have a tough time selling.

Low miles scares me more than high miles...

Here's a link for the car:

https://spokane.porschedealer.com/pr...00367/info.php

Quote Originally Posted by Kruat
    I bought mine last year, for 21k, with 43k on her clock. All maintenance records and all stock. Seems the rs6 market has dropped a little bit in the last year, as I thought I got a great deal when I bought mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by RKturbo View Post
    How did you guys find deals like this?? Either one of those cars would easily be priced $8k-$10k higher here (Seattle). I swear the Pacific Northwest is an overpriced used car vortex...

VIN above 5500, should be newer TC, good. No WW package, boo, nice mats though. Wonder if DRC recall was done. My carbon under the ashtray has that yellowing, hidden mostly, but imperfect. The NW market seems to command more due to lower available cars I would say.

I don't think low mileage in and of itself is a valid cause to worry about the future performance and life expectancy of a car such as ours, providing the owner(s) have understood the nature of this car and have followed diligently the maintenance and care of the vehicle, such as being kept out of the elements, tight maintenance schedule, and, very important, regular and frequent excercise, and/or provide correctly for long time storage. Let's not forget that the lifespan of a car is dictated, for the most part, by MILE AGE . So, on the contrary, I think that an old car with low mileage, well kept and preserved is a jewel. Five years ago I bought the MexBeast with 22 something K, and up to this day I have only- regular maintenance aside -, changed front disc brakes an all pads, the result of a track day where the rivets of the Pagid pads ruined the discs, (this is not a track car, by the way) and a hole in the radiator which cost around 100 bucks to fix. Aside from that, no problems whatsoever with the DRC, Trans, TC, etc. I think that the proper care lavish by the former owner has a lot to do with it. Do I baby it ?, yes. Do I take more than proper care of it ?, yes, Do I drive it fast ? Oh yea, any time the conditions warrant it. At this moment, it shows 34 K, and I am a very happy owner,

Wow, that thing is absolutely gorgeous! But $45k is high. If I were in the market for the nicest RS6 I could find, I'd put that one in the $32 - $37k range. With these cars it really is a "what buyers will pay" market since they're so rare.

Silly rooster

Headed to colorado this week to baby my RS6. Plans in the works to do Mulholland later in August. Pat is meeting us in Co. Got a new Featherlite trailer so the beasts get to travel behind the motorhome once again.

Lol

Quote Originally Posted by ben916 View Post
    THIS!!!

If we have forgotten about the 7.5k mile example (ebony) in Texas and the purchaser didn't do a PPI, purchased sight-unseen and purchased a Fidelity Warranty = Transmission $hit the bed 120 miles later.

Personally, I would be uber cautious about a low mile example at 12yo that hasn't been flogged like it should be.

Price? High $20k- low $30k ($32k tops).

Chicken Dinner Dave... bock bock!

Bock, bock

Cant have mine for 35.

Watch out Colorado idjuits