Thread: wasn't going to worry about it but think i should upgrade to venair hose kit. wtb.

wasn't going to worry about it but think i should upgrade to venair hose kit. wtb.

I was out installing the new srm turbos, ssac downpipes, and clocking the turbos properly tonight. I was looking at the straight 2" ID couplings that attach the outlet of the compressor to the inlet of the maf housing. It got me thinking, I would be dumb not to replace all the rubber hoses with the engine out. I looked up venair hose kit and see that they do not include those two straight couplings in the kit. I ordered those separately. I did not yet order the venair kit. I was wondering the cheapest place to to purchase or if there were any group buys at the moment. I understand how few of these must sell in the U.S., and how expensive EVERYTHING for the RS is, but $215 seem damn expensive for 6 little silicone hoses?

There was a splurge of Venaire and Wagner purchases a few years back. Most of the old guy's on the list took care of their's then.
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

Maybe try ATP Turbo or a truck accessory supply and match up the sizes....

I did see a nice black Wagner kit on eBay though. The Venair kit was on eBay at one point in the last couple months.

Venair are nice hoses...
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Are they no longer made/sold? I've been dealing with loose lower boost hoses lately. One side found a hose clamp failed, the other side I think the hose is starting to fail.
    -Mike-
    03 RS6 Mugello/Ivory #905565
    01 S4 Casa/sport/6spd

Quote Originally Posted by kruat View Post
    Are they no longer made/sold? I've been dealing with loose lower boost hoses lately. One side found a hose clamp failed, the other side I think the hose is starting to fail.
    http://bumpersuperstore.com/i-116045...-hose-set.html

http://thmotorsports.com/venair/vena.../i-540549.aspx

I guess I'll just have to pay this price then.

That is what they cost. Not made in China and 'hand crafted'. Good idea to swap out if you have performed all the work associated with having an engine out. As for there only be 6 hoses vs. 8, remember that the hoses up stream from the compressor aren't under pressure. Therefore you'd have to be a pretty good salesman to convince many that these benefit from upgrade...
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

Quote Originally Posted by Bigglezworth View Post
    As for there only be 6 hoses vs. 8, remember that the hoses up stream from the compressor aren't under pressure. Therefore you'd have to be a pretty good salesman to convince many that these benefit from upgrade...
    Ah, why didn't that click with me? I've been through this before on 2.7. positive pressure vs. suction/vacuum, completely different animal. I'll cut a couple pieces of 2" silicone hose and slap it on there with the original clamps. On all the pressure side will use the venair hoses and ss tbolt clamps. Nothing worse than having a buried tube blow off in the middle of tuning!

They fit well and feel really strong, no issues for three years now...set and forget. We bought new clamps also. Running ~15psi...
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Good to know and was about to also ask. Been eyeballing the IC to plennum wing pipe and the constricted bend irks my senses of flow dynamics. Plus every RS6 that comes in seems to already have them = envious

Might have to see who the wholesaler is....
    Cheers, G2/Gary
    C5-RS6/KWV3/Revo/H20 Inj./Custom BBK/Custom cooling/CNC arms \ VW Touareg V10 \ B7A4 2.0T Avant \ Mk1 Callaway Scirocco \ audirs6parts@gmail.com / www.oilpro.myamsoil.com

Quote Originally Posted by lswing View Post
    They fit well and feel really strong, no issues for three years now...set and forget. We bought new clamps also. Running ~15psi...
    Ok. Ordered venair kit. Will be here this week.

If I measured correctly, I need 6 x 3.25" tbolt clamps, and 4 x 2.75 tbolt clamps. Looking for those now.

Quote Originally Posted by Fastguy View Post
    If I measured correctly, I need 6 x 3.25" tbolt clamps, and 4 x 2.75 tbolt clamps. Looking for those now.
    I came up with the following sizes/quantities but didn't convert over to freedom units. Found everything on ebay; seems to be quality items. I forgot about the upper IC pipes so I'll need to order another 4 of the 70mm ID clamps (your count of 6 is correct).

2 x 3 straight coupler MAF housing to turbo 51mm ID x 76mm length 2
    T-bolt clamp 57mm to 65mm 51mm ID 6
    T-bolt clamp 67mm to 75mm 60mm ID 4
    T-bolt clamp 77mm to 85mm 70mm ID 6
    03 RS6 Avus/Ebony #905593 resurrected 6MT, 04 Avalanche Z71, 87 T-Bird Turbo Coupe (351W T5), 04 Aprilia RSVR Factory

Freedom Units

Quote Originally Posted by bethridg View Post
    freedom units
    2 x 3 straight coupler MAF housing to turbo 2" ID x 3" length 2
    T-bolt clamp 2.25" to 2.5", 2" ID 6
    T-bolt clamp 2.625" (2-5/8") to 3", 2.375" (2-3/8") ID 4
    T-bolt clamp 3" to 3.5" 2.625" (2-5/8") ID 6
    FTFY, 'murica!
    #905530 - Brilliant Black on Ebony. Sorted, running strong, ready for a new owner.
    No, I am not the board admin - that's Erik (from Sweden), I'm Other_Erik (from the US)

You could always go with yellow and get them for $186.67.

Quote Originally Posted by EINHORN View Post

You could always go with yellow and get them for $186.67.
    I feel differently about the RS. Not the same as all the s4's and 2.7 out there. Seems more refined. I sprung for the black. Much nicer looking IMO.

sarcasm alert 2 posts ^