Thread: new owner and few Qs

new owner and few Qs

dear friends, its been long time since I owned an Audi but for last 6 months I am a happy owner of R8 Plus

love the car! but have few questions you guys might have answers to

1. are there any decent quality replacement brake pads and discs for the OEM ceramics? OEM parst are expensive
    2. I have noticed that I feel some sort of a click through the gearbox lever, which seems to be present no matter what gear is selected, anyone else notice this? it doesn't bother me much, gearbox works flawless, design problem? any thoughts?
    3. my car has Audi base audio system, which suks big time, anyone ever upgraded stock audio system?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	OxkRJvRRv062dPeQ3l1k_qL-oDenD91vexfzXkShu5g.jpg 
Views:	351 
Size:	30.2 KB 
ID:	16560
    Last edited by gnomik007; July 17th, 2015 at 02:08.
    from RUS with love :)
    12 R8 Plus; 14 Toyota LC200 Diesel; 06 Subaru Impreza STi Spec C Type RA; 09 BMW X5M SOLD; 01 Black Mercedes G500 SOLD; 00 Silver TTC Quattro SOLD; 02 RS6 - 530 hp SOLD

The gearbox clicks is working as designed. Not sure why though, but be assured nothing is broken.

I can't help on the sourcing of the brakes, but as you know carbon ceramic pieces are expensive. Be extra careful if you plan to change to different wheels, or even just taking the wheels off for any reason. The calipers can chip easily if you can believe it.

Enjoy that lovely sports car.