Carfax just says trans was flushed/overhauled, not replaced. Big difference. As Dave stated, it's a good VIN, meaning past ~9600 or so Audi fixed and issue with a seal in the torque convertor, thus allowing the trans to live much longer. What I don't see on the Carfax is a service around 70k when the Timing Belt should have been done. For all you know, unless you can get papers, that thing could blow at any moment from a failed tensioner or belt.

Make sure you get a warranty off the lot. When I bought mine from Freeman Motors in Portland it had a good list of repair work. They also said the Torque Convertor was replaced as it had failed...it was not actually done, and they covered $2k of the $3k that it cost me to have replaced...better than nothing.

You can replace the carbon parts, forget the company, or get from a wrecked car. But the inside looks a bit dogged, leather roughed up, light knobs and other scratched. There aren't a lot available in the NW, so maybe $17k, depends on how much you want the car. Just keep in mind that if that trans blows you're out $8k real quick.