Thread: DRC Help

DRC Help

Tried to start wrenching off the two drc valves tonight with the nice new ones dave sent me, and i can't get this bolt loose (labeled 1) because the quick coupling (2) moves too much in its housing. Is there some way I am supposed to get the quick coupling not to move? I have tried tightening open ended wrenches on it, but the end piece where I have specifically labeled 2 turns a little bit.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	drc quick valve.JPG 
Views:	152 
Size:	70.6 KB 
ID:	16527
    RS6 #1 904959, Daytona, Silver, tons of "stuff," went through puddle, dead engine, end of #1 for me, rebuilt by local enthusiast and thriving.
    RS6 #2 904568, Avus, Ebony, no stuff, stock minus RNS-E.

Wanted to update everyone here. Quick connect was in fact toast, should not have had the play it had, hence I couldn't unscrew that valve easily and needed a new quick connect. The two (new to me) valves from Dave actually helped all the "clunks" I had been hearing, even some I thought were sway bar bushings. So no matter what you think, if you hear a clunk 99% of the time it is DRC - that is what I believed before and I believe it even more so now.

But a charged DRC and new FUCA's makes for a very tight, (heavy) reactive steering beast.
    RS6 #1 904959, Daytona, Silver, tons of "stuff," went through puddle, dead engine, end of #1 for me, rebuilt by local enthusiast and thriving.
    RS6 #2 904568, Avus, Ebony, no stuff, stock minus RNS-E.

yes, at full factory spec the DRC is great. The problem is the Audi mechanics in the shops cannot fix it properly. They lack the tools and the skills. Period.
    '18 BMW M5, '19 Porsche Boxster GTS
    (prior '94 325is, '97 M3, '00 A6 4.2,'03 RS6,'08 A4 Cab,'13 A8L,'15 Q7,'16 BMW M2,

Im having the same issue. Audi Canada tells me there is no recall, they want 4 - 6k to do the job. My local guy tells me he cannot work on them cause he needs a tool to charge the system. Suggest coilovers. Looking for some help. My beast is parked for now

Quote Originally Posted by tightgroup View Post
    Im having the same issue. Audi Canada tells me there is no recall, they want 4 - 6k to do the job. My local guy tells me he cannot work on them cause he needs a tool to charge the system. Suggest coilovers. Looking for some help. My beast is parked for now
    There was a recall - 4 years ago... Swap the part(s) yourself and then take it to the Stealership to have them recharge the system (nominal 1-2hrs max plus 1L of fluid - less than $300.00). OR spend $800CDN on Koni's w/ OEM springs and perform a swap, OR, swap to H&R's for $1500.00CDN.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

Quote Originally Posted by Bigglezworth View Post
    There was a recall - 4 years ago... Swap the part(s) yourself and then take it to the Stealership to have them recharge the system (nominal 1-2hrs max plus 1L of fluid - less than $300.00). OR spend $800CDN on Koni's w/ OEM springs and perform a swap, OR, swap to H&R's for $1500.00CDN.
    Hi, do you have any info I can dig up on the recall. The only recall was for US cars only and RS4 in Canada.. Thanks for the info..

Quote Originally Posted by tightgroup View Post
    Hi, do you have any info I can dig up on the recall. The only recall was for US cars only and RS4 in Canada.. Thanks for the info..
    Incorrect. The recall was provided by Audi of America and applied to ALL 03 US models and 04 CDN models (refer to the second letter below). I had it performed on both of the cars I had here at that time (03 models). The recall was only valid for a few months however so you had to hae the work completed prior to expiry. If recolletion serves me well, the last date for acceptance for the recall was back 5 years ago in Nov 2010. I booked an appointment for my second car prior to expiry of the recall and had the work performed 3 months later in late Jan 2011.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	audi_drc_repair_letter_page_1.jpg 
Views:	226 
Size:	48.9 KB 
ID:	16586Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DRC letter_Page_1.jpg 
Views:	206 
Size:	46.1 KB 
ID:	16589Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DRC letter_Page_2.jpg 
Views:	203 
Size:	40.0 KB 
ID:	16590Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DRC letter_Page_3.jpg 
Views:	192 
Size:	21.0 KB 
ID:	16591
    Last edited by Bigglezworth; July 27th, 2015 at 15:41.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

oh thank you so very much... ammunition for my gun.

??? This was 4 years ago. The recall was active for 18 months. What exactly are you expecting to happen?

In Quebec the consumer has the upper hand. Since none of the documents specified any dates, I can use a small claims court to push this. Plus I got an email from Audi Canada telling they never had a recall. This can be significant , since a Judge can or could see a potential breach of confidence with its consumer. Enough to grant me my claim ..