Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The reality of a 2004 RS6

The reality of a 2004 RS6

It struck me like a bolt, while chasing down a bike at 240kph + that this beast that I am driving is like nothing ever built before. Its a plain looking car, nice lines but nothing outlandish. She drives very well in traffic, and is quite comfortable. But here I am overpassing this bike at 260+ now and she has not stopped accelerating ! She is steady at these speeds as if she is doing 50. She can decelerate at an incredible rate, while keeping her posture.

She acts like a sedan, but can slap almost anything out there in her rather stock form. (small tune)

Now for an 11 year old car that is pushing north of 230k KM , and at the price I bought her, there is nothing else that can even come close to the value these cars have. I am now looking for another. What a machine! Everytime I spank something out there I usually get a look of utmost disbelief wondering what the fu*k was that ??

She is my part time daily driver and she is pure JOY to own and drive.

I have 3

These cars are a thing of beauty, which is what attracted me to them in the first place. I am also thinking of buying another, or building a rs6 avant out of a s6.
    -Mike-
    03 RS6 Mugello/Ivory #905565
    01 S4 Casa/sport/6spd

There's not much to liken the feeling to.

People tell me that they can get the same numbers out a 2.7T but the only thing I can say is that you just need to drive the 4.2T. Especially from 80 to 1xx.
    Last edited by SteveKen; June 14th, 2015 at 16:42.
    2012 Q7 TDI S-Line - 2010 GTI - 2007 A3 3.2 S-Line - 2003 RS6
    2001 Honda S2000 - 1977 Honda CBR 750-F2 - 1965 GMC 1500 WideSide

I agree...and with a stick, it's even more fun...and faster...

I had the perfect S6 avant for the conversion but could not find the RS6 donor. I finally sold it because I hated driving the S6.

Once you have driven a properly sorted RS6......everything else is sub-par.

Now i have the perfect RS6 donor for the S6 avant project and no S6. Crap

Quote Originally Posted by kruat View Post
    These cars are a thing of beauty, which is what attracted me to them in the first place. I am also thinking of buying another, or building a rs6 avant out of a s6.

My daily driver is an 02 S6 Avant and is by far one of the best driving cars I have ever had. It is past 150K and still keeps most modern cars honest. Nothing like having a sports car that can haul a two set of tires in the rear. It fits and feels like a well worn pair of Italian loafers. I will keep one in my fleet for as long as they keep renewing my drivers license. For weekend runs I drive an RS6 Avant. Certainly the car excels over the S6 in every category and is a blast to drive but I still enjoy the S6 for generic or utilitarian drives.

Quote Originally Posted by essexmetal View Post
    For weekend runs I drive an RS6 Avant.
    I would guess that an RS6 Avant is even more rare than a 2004 RS6, can you post up some pics for us?
    Current: Black Pearl Metallic Effect/Ebony, RNS-E, Euro + pedals, oCarbon, Hotchkiss Front & Rear Sway Bars, Koni Yellow's

Quote Originally Posted by nistah View Post
    I would guess that an RS6 Avant is even more rare than a 2004 RS6, can you post up some pics for us?
    Never released by Audi of NA in either Canada or US, but common place in Europe and the UK.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

As requested a few pics of the RS6. The first pics show the stock silver wheels. Car has very low miles but the gentlemen that originally owned the car used that wheels as parking feelers, so when I refinished them, I did them in a hyper silver which looks black in the photo but for the purpose of description think candy silver over black. I think it gives the car a bit more of a sinister look. As with the RS6 sedan, this is still a great sleeper as most don't know what it is.

It will be getting a 6 speed manual latter in the summer. My turbo guy will give the stock turbos a little internal work while the motor is out, down pipes and that is all the mods. For what the vehicle is it does not need anymore power. I have a few big power vehicles that are also lighter if I need to get a velocity fix. Have to put a plug in for Steve's adapter kit. The machine work on the flywheel is world class.

Rick
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rs6avant (1024x768).jpg 
Views:	192 
Size:	108.3 KB 
ID:	16488   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rs6avant2 (1024x768).jpg 
Views:	188 
Size:	103.1 KB 
ID:	16489   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RS6Avant3 (1024x768).jpg 
Views:	239 
Size:	95.7 KB 
ID:	16490   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rs6wheels.jpg 
Views:	198 
Size:	113.2 KB 
ID:	16491  

Mugello Blue C5 RS6 Avant Viper Tuning ECU/TCU
    MTM Bimoto wheels 9,5 x 19 ET 30 LK 5x112 with 275/30/19 tyres
    MTM exhaust system cat back 4-pipe with throttle valves in 2 pipes, control

Mugello Blue C5 RS6 Avant Viper Tuning ECU/TCU
    MTM Bimoto wheels 9,5 x 19 ET 30 LK 5x112 with 275/30/19 tyres
    MTM exhaust system cat back 4-pipe with throttle valves in 2 pipes, control

as requested a few pics of the rs6. The first pics show the stock silver wheels. Car has very low miles but the gentlemen that originally owned the car used that wheels as parking feelers, so when i refinished them, i did them in a hyper silver which looks black in the photo but for the purpose of description think candy silver over black. I think it gives the car a bit more of a sinister look. As with the rs6 sedan, this is still a great sleeper as most don't know what it is.

It will be getting a 6 speed manual latter in the summer. My turbo guy will give the stock turbos a little internal work while the motor is out, down pipes and that is all the mods. For what the vehicle is it does not need anymore power. I have a few big power vehicles that are also lighter if i need to get a velocity fix. Have to put a plug in for steve's adapter kit. The machine work on the flywheel is world class.

Rick
    Love the numberplate!

As requested a few pics of the RS6. The first pics show the stock silver wheels. Car has very low miles but the gentlemen that originally owned the car used that wheels as parking feelers, so when I refinished them, I did them in a hyper silver which looks black in the photo but for the purpose of description think candy silver over black. I think it gives the car a bit more of a sinister look. As with the RS6 sedan, this is still a great sleeper as most don't know what it is.

It will be getting a 6 speed manual latter in the summer. My turbo guy will give the stock turbos a little internal work while the motor is out, down pipes and that is all the mods. For what the vehicle is it does not need anymore power. I have a few big power vehicles that are also lighter if I need to get a velocity fix. Have to put a plug in for Steve's adapter kit. The machine work on the flywheel is world class.

Rick
    Nice. Is this the one from Shokan Auto? Only a few of these true avants in the states right now. There is also PW's old silver one. What's the import story on this?
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Quote Originally Posted by kruat View Post
    Mine is available if you're looking.
    03 RS6 | CF Interior | KW V3's | 19 x 9.5 VMR 701's | 255/35-19 Continental DWS | GIAC Tune | Milltek Non-Res Exhaust - Black Tips | Stėrn Adjustible Control Arms

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    I have 3
    Interested in a 4th? Haha.
    03 RS6 | CF Interior | KW V3's | 19 x 9.5 VMR 701's | 255/35-19 Continental DWS | GIAC Tune | Milltek Non-Res Exhaust - Black Tips | Stėrn Adjustible Control Arms

I wasn't sure about that blue before, but it totally grew on me. Nice cars!

I wasn't sure about that blue right away but it totally grew on me. Nice cars!