Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: RS6 for sale!!!!! Build it to your liking.....

Colorado and Corbett (and others), I think the negativity in this thread really goes to the extensive history in this forum about those who were going to build big hp cars and NEVER follow through. They don't update the threads with results, likely because they didn't get to the power they claimed they would. Count me in that group of skeptics.

Prove us wrong.

Please
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

Quote Originally Posted by ddillenger View Post
    While I agree the manifolds ARE a restriction, I think it's more in the turbine. Years ago people said the 2.7t could never hit xxx because of yyy. All of those "limitations" have been surpassed. The RS6 is finally trickling down into the hands of the tuner crowd. I think in the near future you'll see budget builds shattering all sorts of misconceptions. My car is one of the ones at Brett's. I love my wallet, and although I have no illusions about being the fastest car in the world, I have no doubts It'll be one of the fastest C5's in the country when it's done
    Clearly you're a ways away from being able to support this, but time slips talk. Until you're surpassing 11.5 in the 1/4 you're not the fastest. I know of no C5 RS6 in North America that has run quicker than this. I don't think Corbett's Sportec is that fast even, but I could be mistaken. There are documented runs of 11.7 for these cars. Would be nice to see someone get in to the low 11's to keep up with the APR RS7 beast that is now a reality. Sub 11 though? What are the Vegas odds on this??? lol

Have fun.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

Quote Originally Posted by Bigglezworth View Post
    Clearly you're a ways away from being able to support this, but time slips talk. Until you're surpassing 11.5 in the 1/4 you're not the fastest. I know of no C5 RS6 in North America that has run quicker than this. I don't think Corbett's Sportec is that fast even, but I could be mistaken. There are documented runs of 11.7 for these cars. Would be nice to see someone get in to the low 11's to keep up with the APR RS7 beast that is now a reality. Sub 11 though? What are the Vegas odds on this??? lol

Have fun.
    I'm not even slightly interested in 1/4 mile times. I'd venture to say my car will never see the track. I will however have it on the dyno during tuning.

Quote Originally Posted by 4everRS View Post
    Colorado and Corbett (and others), I think the negativity in this thread really goes to the extensive history in this forum about those who were going to build big hp cars and NEVER follow through. They don't update the threads with results, likely because they didn't get to the power they claimed they would. Count me in that group of skeptics.

Prove us wrong.

Please
    Best I can do for you for now. My car on e85. Stock manifolds. Never dynoed or went to track on e85, sorry.

2004 Sportec RS600 + 6MT + e85
    Fastest RS6 in the USA

That looks very fast Corbett.
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

I'm not even slightly interested in 1/4 mile times. I'd venture to say my car will never see the track. I will however have it on the dyno during tuning.
    I'm assuming he's reference 1/4 miles times since you were stating that your car would be one of the fastest...the more money the more speed you will get usually.

I'm venturing that you got the car recently? Have you dealt with some of the random/small repairs that can be expensive both part and labor wise? This is a much different platform compared to the 2.7T, and both parts and labor time can easily be doubled. Sounds like you have a good mechanic who works for a good price though as that makes all the difference. Hope the build goes well, and hope the labor and parts don't get too crazy expensive. Plenty of mixed reviews on how these drive once switched over to manual; some really have trouble with the 1-2 gearing, and others still have clutch/reliability issues once the power gets above 600+. Then you get into driveability...is it really a good daily car or does it get shelved for high performance weekends.

I'll take my comfy slush box with 500+HP/TQ, but each to their own! <---This costs me enough $$$ already!
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Quote Originally Posted by Corbett View Post
    Best I can do for you for now. My car on e85. Stock manifolds.]
    Wait, your car runs ...sorry, had to! Would be great to see some numbers one of these days.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Really? You did say, "
    ...I have no doubts It'll be one of the fastest C5's in the country when it's done....
    Now you go on to state that you'll be dyno tuning.

Time to get your head out of the sand. EVERYONE that races and builds cars well knows that 'dyno tuning' is just that - tuning. You can obtain different results on two different dynos built by the same company much less what occurs when compare the results of the same car on two different manufacturers machines. The numbers presented do nothing to guarantee or compare your car with the next. The same machine provides a starting point and as you modify you can then determine if you're heading in the correct route to improve power outpur or the opposite by hindering it. None of this equates to true performance however that would permit you to lay claim to having "one of the fastest in the country". Again real world performance is easily judged by times over a set distance. You don't have to be a regular racer to confirm this, but you do need to do it in a controlled environment and the likes of 1/4 mile strips or 1 mile strips are where it all occurs. Full package deal that accounts for power of engine, weight of vehicle, and traction efficiencies. All of those being simple laws of physics.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

Daz Dillengers car is currently under the knife. We're not dumping tons of money into it. The results of his car will be a very affordable build. All I'm waiting on for his car are the new turbos, intercoolers and downpipes. We've got everything else, from the manual tranny conversion kit to the 800tq rated clutch. As soon as the other parts get here, (which should be any day now) It will be put back together. Yes, if you want everyone else to agree with you that your car is the fastest in the US it helps to have time slips from the quarter mile. Daz I'm sure would be willing to post up fats times though. Daz is one of the best tuners for the Audi/VW platforms so I'm sure we're going to see some wicked numbers from his car.

On the other hand, the rs6 that's getting built after his car is getting much bigger turbos. I'm a little worried about being the first to use these turbos because i'm the guinea pig and will have to figure out the best way to make them fit. Once they're on though, you guys are all going to be very surprised on the numbers they put down. This car may or may not see the track too. But it will be dynoed at the Boost Creep. Their dyno is very accurate. I don't know how much you guys follow the subaru scene or if anyone here had ever seen the crazy b5 rs4 avant that Autosports Werks built (it was in a few magazines and put down 700whp) but Tons of cars have been dynoed at the Boost Creep and you never hear that their dyno is off by any amount.

Expect to see Daz Dillengers car running within the month.

I've stayed out of the discussion long enough, especially considering my relative novice status compared to some of the more established guys here.

Let me know how it performs in some real-world tests
    Grab your dyno charts
    Post up 1/4mile slips

pics and vids, or it didn't happen.

I'm not gonna be a smartass about it, I don't doubt that the RS _can_ be built for #00 HP and X00 TQ, but there's also the questions of "Is it daily driveable?" "Is it supportable?" and "How many more RS6's could I have bought with the cash plopped for this?" - until all the info is out, there's gonna be haters on one side and dreamers on the other.

Wake me up when you can take it up and back down Pike's Peak Hill Climb without needing $1k in maintenance afterwards.

Not bashing the OP, not bashing the nay-sayers, just saying that evidence talks and speculation walks...

O_E
    #905530 - Brilliant Black on Ebony. Sorted, running strong, ready for a new owner.
    No, I am not the board admin - that's Erik (from Sweden), I'm Other_Erik (from the US)

I am hoping mine will be done at the same time Daz's is completed. We are essentially doing the same build except he has a few components up on me like fueling....oh, and the ability to tune like no one else.

I'm officially Daz tuned, he can do everything you need to do remotely for the best price anywhere. Hit him up. Logs coming as soon as we both have some time
    BB GT28's w/ Tial Wastegates, Full 3" Open Exhaust, Wagners, Billet Triple Disk Converter, Built Trans, Exedy Friction Disks, ECU/TCU Tuned, 450/AEM400/1000cc/AFPR, E85, R8 Coils, Nubcake Tuned. Fastest RS6 in the USA :)

Until we can get all of the top cars together for a Dyno day on the same Dyno like the one on the East coast 5yrs back or so comparisons will be almost impossible. Although like Biz said, 1/4mile times would be a way to really compare and I would 1/4mile my car as it sits but once I finish the 6sp conversion I won't 1/4mile my car (don't want to do clutch drop, drivetrain strain on the manual) even though it will be faster (100# lighter, adding Water/Meth, custom on dyno tune from AMD). These threads are always interesting and like 4everRS, some of us have been here for a long time (10yrs?) and we've seen a lot of threads come and go but a couple have turned out and were always watching. Corbett, your car does look fast, makes me want to go out on this cool morning and see if mine accelerates similar
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

Quote Originally Posted by hahnmgh63 View Post
    Until we can get all of the top cars together for a Dyno day on the same Dyno like the one on the East coast 5yrs back or so comparisons will be almost impossible. Although like Biz said, 1/4mile times would be a way to really compare and I would 1/4mile my car as it sits but once I finish the 6sp conversion I won't 1/4mile my car (don't want to do clutch drop, drivetrain strain on the manual) even though it will be faster (100# lighter, adding Water/Meth, custom on dyno tune from AMD). These threads are always interesting and like 4everRS, some of us have been here for a long time (10yrs?) and we've seen a lot of threads come and go but a couple have turned out and were always watching. Corbett, your car does look fast, makes me want to go out on this cool morning and see if mine accelerates similar
    Yeah, I too would love to bring both of these cars to the 1/4 mile but the fear of doing so is that the 01E will grenade. These cars make a TON more torque than the s4 and the 01E is NOT made robust enough to be launching it. Also, This isn't an excuse, just a fact, I'm in a very high elevation city where the cars lose a lot of time in the 1/4 mile because of the air so even if we do end up going to the 1/4 mile, the cars at sea level have a huge advantage. I will post up logs so everyone can see the fats that this car pulls. I won't be doing any pulls on Daz Dillengers car because I'm sure he wants to tune his after it gets shipped down to his house at sea level. Fats are a very good indication on what type of power a car puts down when comparing exact drivetrain and weight setups. The bigger turbo rs6 that I'm building will not have any weight reduction. It's just going to have big turbos and a manual drivetrain along with supporting mods. We're going to see if the stock fuel system is capable of running these turbos on pump gas. I think I already mentioned this but we won't be pushing this car past 650whp. If we hit 650whp, we're going to stop. All the data I have on hand says that these turbos we're putting on will push around 650whp on pump gas. If we end up hitting a little below that we'll have the choice of running e85 or race gas to improve the HP. I don't really want to run e85 because it's definitely going to require a lot more done to the fueling system being that you have to push a lot more fuel into the cylinders. The customer has already dropped a ton of cash and wants to see where we end up at this point.

By the way, this thread has been great but I have yet to get any offers on my car lol. Hit me up if you're interested....

I also got a call from a guy that is going to have a built manual tranny so if I end up building his car, he may end up bringing it to the 1/4 mile. If he does, I'll let you guys know.

I personally have a bit of a hard time with the negativity. How many times can the same people same the same thing at any chance they get. You guys have made your point. Thank you for watching out for others and their money. But my annoyance is really just my own personal problem in the end..

I will tell you that with recent conversations I have had with some different people...as in not the usual list of name....EPL, AMD...etc, etc... I feel the sparks of new energy coursing through this forum. Plus these people will actually answer the phone and return phone calls...even texts!! This is a major leap forward having communication with the tuner while building the car...not just setting up a tuning appointment.

I am not saying that what people have done in the past was incorrect or not fully fleshed out. I am saying that the past is not my blueprint for the future.

I certainly have heard the name Daz (ddillenger) dropped on me a lot lately. I am interested in what is going on with the Nefmoto stuff as well. Not that I am going to tune anything myself with it. I will leave that to people that have an aptitude (patience) for that.

I think what is the key to my project is custom headers, no K04 framed anything, bigger MAFs and smart tuning. It seems that the custom headers and turbo being the biggest hurdle....and that isn't that big. After that is all handled we should make some nice power.

Brett I am not interested in buying your car...but seems we are going to be working towards similar goals...and maybe working together directly.

GLWS

PS. I feel like people think that no communication on this forum means that the project is not moving forward. I find it an unpleasant experience on this forum to have an ongoing build thread like I have done on other projects on other forums. Plus other issues like things taking unbelievable amount of time to get parts....one year on a custom gear set is absurd. But that is a rant for another time.
    I am at the mercy of shops that are not as motivated with my car's progress as I am....I am being kind in that statement....but it seems to be part of the game or I just have horrible luck... The upshot is this is not a tuner friendly forum as I see it. It is more like, "I didn't make it work to my hopes so you have no chance.....and by the way good luck." All the while I am doing things in my build different than yours so what is the point in that circle conversation??
    Last edited by Del Stator; June 14th, 2015 at 02:43.
    "There are only three sports: bullfighting, mountain climbing, and auto-racing. Everything else is just a game" -Ernest Hemingway

Quote Originally Posted by Del Stator View Post
    I personally have a bit of a hard time with the negativity. How many times can the same people same the same thing at any chance they get. You guys have made your point. Thank you for watching out for others and their money. But my annoyance is really just my own personal problem in the end..

I will tell you that with recent conversations I have had with some different people...as in not the usual list of name....EPL, AMD...etc, etc... I feel the sparks of new energy coursing through this forum. Plus these people will actually answer the phone and return phone calls...even texts!! This is a major leap forward having communication with the tuner while building the car...not just setting up a tuning appointment.

I am not saying that what people have done in the past was incorrect or not fully fleshed out. I am saying that the past is not my blueprint for the future.

I certainly have heard the name Daz (ddillenger) dropped on me a lot lately. I am interested in what is going on with the Nefmoto stuff as well. Not that I am going to tune anything myself with it. I will leave that to people that have an aptitude (patience) for that.

I think what is the key to my project is custom headers, no K04 framed anything, bigger MAFs and smart tuning. It seems that the custom headers and turbo being the biggest hurdle....and that isn't that big. After that is all handled we should make some nice power.

Brett I am not interested in buying your car...but seems we are going to be working towards similar goals...and maybe working together directly.

GLWS

PS. I feels like people think that no communication on this forum means that the project is not moving forward. I find it an unpleasant experience on this forum to have an ongoing build thread like I have done on other projects on other forums. Plus other issues like things taking unbelievable amount of time to get parts....one year on a custom gear set is absurd. But that is a rant for another time.
    I am at the mercy of shops that are not as motivated with my car's progress as I am....I am being kind in that statement....but it seems to be part of the game or I just have horrible luck... The upshot is this is not a tuner friendly forum as I see it. It is more like, "I didn't make it work to my hopes so you have no chance.....and by the way good luck." All the while I am doing things in my build different than yours so what is the point in that circle conversation??

I absolutely couldn't agree more with this! Everyone keeps putting on small turbos and expects big results.

Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoRS View Post
    I absolutely couldn't agree more with this! Everyone keeps putting on small turbos and expects big results.
    This is an entirely INACCURATE statement. People install what will fit within the confines of the chassis without blowing their wad trying to reinvent the wheel by developing things from scratch. Again, looking forward to documented facts on getting larger turbos, improved flowing headers, improved compressor piping that clears the frame. Everything is about physical space limitations. Not engine limitations nor transmission/drivetrain limitations. 99% of owners want to maintain some level of sanity and keep things sensible. Both done in support of cost management and time management as you can easily have your car sitting out of commission for a year or more plus spend all of your space cash and time in development and custom work. This results in 99% of the owners utilizing a solution that fits within OEM locations and can be completed with bolt-up configurations.

That said, there has been 1% of the eager beavers out there that just have to go to crazy levels of modification so that they can profess they've "done it". Frequently using a "no cost is to much approach"....

http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/26...read?highlight=

Colorado, what would you expect a stock turbo running E8r to manage? Only asking because i've been contemplating..

I'd ignore the negativity. You're a professional builder, which is more than pretty much anyone else here can claim (though i confess... i don't know what the others do for aliving). I just want to see it DONE!!! If a stock turbo can push 480's as stated earlier, idk why a larger turbo can't push way more...