Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: RS6 for sale!!!!! Build it to your liking.....

RS6 for sale!!!!! Build it to your liking.....

Selling my RS6. It's got a EUrodyne tune. I've got upgraded intercoolers that I can sell with it that I haven't installed yet. I also own an audi tuning shop and can build the RS6 to whatever you'd like. I've currently got two rs6's in the shop that are being converted to manual transmissions and they're getting upgraded turbos. One of them will produce about 650whp on 91 octane and be capable of 800whp on race gas or e85. If you buy my RS6 I will give you a discount on labor. My car has ALL the maintenance records since 30k miles when it came off lease. It had the tranny replaced at 70k. It's got the passport 9500CI radar detector built in ($1800). I just put new brakes on it. OEM rotors and EBC yellow stuff pads ($1500). I also just put new tires on it (bridgestone summer tires). Email me for any other info needed.

This will be moved to the For Sale section soon, just a heads up. It's located at Forum > Audi > FS.

I would really prefer that you not make HP claims until they can be backed up by a dyno, thanks! These are estimates, and until it's done and on paper from a specific car, personally I would feel like I'm not telling the truth if I were saying the same thing.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

650whp hey.... Let's see. 18-20% drivetrain loss on an AWD car so that's - 810hp?? And then 800whp (1000hp) on race gas?? Sorry, but simply impossible to believe claims of this type. If you can prove me wrong with timeslips or dyno's, that would be great for all reading this thread. Sorry, not trying to shit on your parade, but I'm highly confident in saying that no one on this board would believe you're pushing a 4300lb car down the 1/4 mile in low to mid 10's based on the power levels you're citing.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

Amusing...with stock manifiolds, you'll win the lottery before you break 550whp, let alone 650...but I guess you can make any dyno, make any number you want. With actual headers and upgraded turbos, it's possible you could it 600whp...but don't count on it. But good luck and keep us posted. I'd be glad to eat my words...there is a reason I sold my manual RS6...

I'm more than happy to show you guys once it's built. We plan on dynoing the cars once they're done. Just because others have failed to make big HP what makes you so sure we won't.... I'll keep you posted ttboost. These cars will not be seeing the drag strip. The 01e is not robust enough to handle the torque we're going to be making, especially on launches. I'm just hoping that the 01e stays together with just street driving much less track time.

Quote Originally Posted by ttboost View Post
    Amusing...with stock manifiolds, you'll win the lottery before you break 550whp, let alone 650...but I guess you can make any dyno, make any number you want. With actual headers and upgraded turbos, it's possible you could it 600whp...but don't count on it. But good luck and keep us posted. I'd be glad to eat my words...there is a reason I sold my manual RS6...

What turbos were you running?

(although i love the effort in tuning the car and the love for the car generally)
    RS6 #1 904959, Daytona, Silver, tons of "stuff," went through puddle, dead engine, end of #1 for me, rebuilt by local enthusiast and thriving.
    RS6 #2 904568, Avus, Ebony, no stuff, stock minus RNS-E.

Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoRS View Post
    What turbos were you running?
    Stock turbos and stock manifolds. With 2 different file strategies, we never broke 500whp. 470's 480's is the best we could muster on a Mustang dyno where I made 317 stock. Never made it back to the track, but with a 4000+ car, at 475-500whp, you trap 120ish...give or take, with 600-650 wheel, you trap low to mid 130's. Stock manifolds and stock turbine housings are 100% the problem. I will all but guarantee you will not get close to that goal with stock parts. Way too many people have tried. I thought for sure I could do it with an 01E, but nope...That's why I have a CTS-V now...miss my RS6, but to get to the power level I am at now with the V, would cost a fortune and turn a RS6 into a full time hobby...and forget about reliability. Great car, and fun to drive with a stick, but not if you are looking to make a HP beast. I hope you prove us wrong.

Stock turbos and stock manifolds. With 2 different file strategies, we never broke 500whp. 470's 480's is the best we could muster on a Mustang dyno where I made 317 stock. Never made it back to the track, but with a 4000+ car, at 475-500whp, you trap 120ish...give or take, with 600-650 wheel, you trap low to mid 130's. Stock manifolds and stock turbine housings are 100% the problem. I will all but guarantee you will not get close to that goal with stock parts. Way too many people have tried. I thought for sure I could do it with an 01E, but nope...That's why I have a CTS-V now...miss my RS6, but to get to the power level I am at now with the V, would cost a fortune and turn a RS6 into a full time hobby...and forget about reliability. Great car, and fun to drive with a stick, but not if you are looking to make a HP beast. I hope you prove us wrong.
    That's your problem, you ran stock turbos. I'm running turbos that are much bigger! I know that you can make north of 550whp on stock manifolds. I have a friend that made just shy of 600whp on his last setup that was on stock manifolds. Will the stock manifolds decrease power slightly, yes, but, they will help with spool up. If the stock manifolds end up keeping us from 650whp on pump gas, we'll probably go back in and throw custom manifolds on, but I doubt that's going to happen. The turbos that we're putting on are new and have never been run on an RS6. On a 3.6 liter engine and they made 810whp. I don't throw around HP claims wantonly. I build cars for a living. Like I said, I'll post the dyno results once we're done with the big turbo build.

To be fair, you said "upgraded" turbos, which implies you are using "massaged" stock turbos. NEW turbos are very different story. Many have had success with NEW turbos, although you might have to be creative to fit them in there, especially with headers. When I had my engine out, I had every intention of doing turbos and possibly headers. I bailed. You will certainly get much closer to your goal with new turbos....but I will tell you, if you want to reach your goal, just do the headers now...When you see the terrible bends and tiny holes going into the turbo, you'll understand...I'm sure you've seen them already. Do a search here..it has been done...

Was the 3.6liter engine the CTS VSport? Just curious.
    RS6 #1 904959, Daytona, Silver, tons of "stuff," went through puddle, dead engine, end of #1 for me, rebuilt by local enthusiast and thriving.
    RS6 #2 904568, Avus, Ebony, no stuff, stock minus RNS-E.

To be fair, you said "upgraded" turbos, which implies you are using "massaged" stock turbos. NEW turbos are very different story. Many have had success with NEW turbos, although you might have to be creative to fit them in there, especially with headers. When I had my engine out, I had every intention of doing turbos and possibly headers. I bailed. You will certainly get much closer to your goal with new turbos....but I will tell you, if you want to reach your goal, just do the headers now...When you see the terrible bends and tiny holes going into the turbo, you'll understand...I'm sure you've seen them already. Do a search here..it has been done...

LOL I think everyone that read my post jumped to conclusions too quick. The main reason is that no one has made a good set of turbos that actually make power on these cars until now. Yes, the fit will be tricky but they should fit the stock headers. The exhaust housing is much bigger than the stock ones but it's still not as big as most of the big turbos that people have gone with. Both of the rs6's that I've currently got in my shop are getting manual transmissions so I'll have a lot more space to work with on them. One of the biggest choke points on the rs6 are the turbo inlets. Those things are tiny! I'm going to probably end up making new inlets for the car getting the bigger turbos and also will be putting bigger maf sensors on with custom intakes.

We didn't jump to any conclusions, we just read what you wrote!!! Anyhow, I do wish you luck on getting to your goals. I would love to see it. I always say, keep your expectations low, that way you'll never be disappointed...good luck again and keep us posted...even if you fail....a little "I told you so", never hurt anyone (and yes, I know, it goes both ways).

Upgrade, in the tuning world means bigger. I didn't say I was running rs6 hybrids or I didn't say anything about the turbos except that they were going to be upgraded. Anyway, you all made me laugh. Like I said, I do this for a living so I'm able to get my guesstimates closer than most. I wouldn't have thrown those numbers out there if I didn't have an idea of what these turbos have done on previous cars. I think everyone is going to be surprised. The exhaust manifolds are smaller than what I'd like but audi doesn't build junk from the factory so I know that they're not going to be awful to deal with. We won't be pushing the car with the bigger turbos near the limit of the turbos. Anyway, it's going to be a fun build! I can't wait! I'll be getting all the parts in shortly.

Not to poo-poo on your parade, BUT..

The only street legal C5 RS6 that have made over 500hp are the one's that are in the UK and specifically at Unit20/MRC.
    The owners are spending an "S" ton of cash for:
    New Turbos,
    New Transmission,
    New ECU tune,
    New fueling (pumps, lines, double rails, return lines, injectors).

Then there is those unicorns -> RS600 and the Clubsport...

Good Luck to you!

PS: to be devil's advocate -> how does Gumpert Apollo do it???
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Quote Originally Posted by ben916 View Post
    Not to poo-poo on your parade, BUT..

The only street legal C5 RS6 that have made over 500hp are the one's that are in the UK and specifically at Unit20/MRC.
    The owners are spending an "S" ton of cash for:
    New Turbos,
    New Transmission,
    New ECU tune,
    New fueling (pumps, lines, double rails, return lines, injectors).

Then there is those unicorns -> RS600 and the Clubsport...

Good Luck to you!

PS: to be devil's advocate -> how does Gumpert Apollo do it???
    You are correct sir. We are upgrading all those components. Everyone on this forum is so damn negative! Yes, the owners of the RS cars are spending a ton of money to have them built and make big HP. They WILL end up making impressive numbers. Just because not too many people have thrown big turbos at these cars and done all the supporting mods, It DOESN'T mean that it can't be done. If you guys want to tell me of some people that couldn't make it over 500whp, tell me their mods and I'll tell you why they didn't make more power than 500. This is a big engine and is very capable of making good HP! Are there a few choke points? Yes, but with the right upgrades you can make any engine push big HP.

My gawd this is a funny thread. I've hot linked it just for fun.

Good on ya for having so much enthusiasm. You're not the first and you certainly won't be the last.... Clearly you and/or your clients hate their wallets. I would love to be the fly on the wall when you come to the realization that the road block is NOT the engine.... lol The BCY engine can - will - and has - created 800hp in the Gumpert and more in other 'Unicorns' as Ben puts it. ALL of these examples are NOT in a C5 chassis though. Not a one...

Considerations for cooling, oiling (dry sump like the Gumpert), and intake configuration must also be considered vs. just headers, turbos, and fuel management. It's been mentioned on the restrictions with headers and K04's, but tossing both out with custom eliminates that. Now you will need custom to get that new compressed charge back up to the front for intercooling. Then you will be modifying OEM locations for intercoolers unless you desire the gawdy FMIC set-up which ruins the entire look of these rides. THEN if you get that far, you now have to consider the restrictions of the Y-pipe, the size of the throttle body that you're pushing all that air through, custom intake because it won't accept a larger throttle body, custom injector rail, and then head work to address the additional airflow from larger turbos.....

Again - ALL inside a 4 door family sedan.... Why? Not my worry. $$hit load of money. Absolutely. Have fun.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

Listen, we're not laughing at you in anyway...at least I'm not. Tim....maybe... You just have to understand we've seen a lot of these threads started and then ...crickets...never to be heard from again. I truly hope you guys get where you want to be ...and share with the community on how much R&D and $$$ it takes to get there. Please keep track of all your time, including any fabrication time, mock up, etc...