Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Arg - Rough idle..

Quote Originally Posted by Bigglezworth View Post
    And the winner is......

Not the MAF's. They were reading just fine between 3.5 & 5.0. Rough idle was sporatic and after I took it for a quick drive around the block noticed the illfated stiff brake pedal. Confirm with a simple spray of Simple Kleen MAF sensor cleaner down near the PCV valve that the engine RPM's rose noticeably which confirms vacuum leak.... Damn. lol

I would have preferred it being a simple MAF issue.
    Repair complete. 8 hours of shear bliss.... Relocated the Suction Jet Pump (SJP) as part of the repair effort. Will do a write-up on what was required in another post. In the mean time, before and after posts of the SJP under the intake, and then relocated to the firewall. I contemplated putting inside the cowl area where the coolant tank and brake booster was, but wasn't interested in adding more time to the repair than was necessary.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9659.jpg 
Views:	772 
Size:	82.4 KB 
ID:	16521

Name:	IMG_9685.jpg 
Views:	775 
Size:	84.0 KB 
ID:	16523

Name:	IMG_9693.jpg 
Views:	683 
Size:	75.3 KB 
ID:	16525

Name:	IMG_9690.jpg 
Views:	724 
Size:	107.4 KB 
ID:	16524

Name:	IMG_9668.jpg 
Views:	687 
Size:	69.8 KB 
ID:	16522
    Last edited by Bigglezworth; June 23rd, 2015 at 07:45.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

Should've relocated the green check valve to the firewall as well. Just in case.

Quote Originally Posted by nubcake View Post
    Should've relocated the green check valve to the firewall as well. Just in case.
    It was considered, but there are two other check valves as well so I approached the matter as a "why one and not all" which meant leaving it as is. There was no literaturea bound in forums or elsewhere to suggest the failure of one of the checkvalves was common place so just attended to the SJP which "broke" by decoupling the two parts that are heat welded together.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

"why one and not all" can actually work the other way.

Quote Originally Posted by nubcake View Post
    "why one and not all" can actually work the other way.
    Too much reconfiguration that in my opinion simply wasn't necessary. Relocated the part that failed and that 'could' fail again due to the heat and how it's fabricated and left things at that.

Strong work.
    RS6 #1 904959, Daytona, Silver, tons of "stuff," went through puddle, dead engine, end of #1 for me, rebuilt by local enthusiast and thriving.
    RS6 #2 904568, Avus, Ebony, no stuff, stock minus RNS-E.