Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pics of post-detailed 12-year old RS6

Pics of post-detailed 12-year old RS6

Fresh from the labor intensive 70K mile service and decided to do some major detailing on the beast. Took her on a nice spa service treatment!

I would like to take this opportunity to thank the forum for the great and enjoyable years I've been a member (planning to remain). Great amount of knowledge shared and everyone always willing to help. Thanks to the one and only >>> Erik <<< that keeps the lights on in this place. To the historic/greatest group buy member on the forum that hooked me up with some great new mats. To my nephew, who has been an amazing help keeping the beast young since he was 14, and who never asked 'Why we doing this again?...' every time I take the tools out to make updates on the beast. Last but not least, the one and only lady that understands and compliments my forced induction craziness, and has helped on many occasions when only her little hands can fit in the small places found in the RS6 engine bay.

Here's some pix of a post-detailed 12-year old well cared and loved RS6 example.

NICE !!

I just did my engine bay as well and it LOOKS so Damn Sexy,
    2003 Audi RS6
    Daytona Grey
    APR EMCS

Thanks - I miss your trance remixes
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

Looks great!
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

It's beee-you-tea-full! Excellent example of Quattro GMBH sexiness! Showroom clean with 70k on it, gotta spruce up my 133k monster here soon.

One 30-second job to maybe add to your list, pick up Audi PN 4B0419685B - steering wheel emblem - it may just be the angle of the shot, but it looks like the lacquer has worn off of yours.

Could you do a brother a huge favor and pull/measure one of the bolts that holds the radiator in place on the top? I need to find replacements for mine, which disappeared after a major service when a pothole did ~$8k in damages to my beast.
    #905530 - Brilliant Black on Ebony. Sorted, running strong, ready for a new owner.
    No, I am not the board admin - that's Erik (from Sweden), I'm Other_Erik (from the US)

Excellent! Thanks for sharing and keeping the car so clean.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Quote Originally Posted by Other_Erik View Post
    ...One 30-second job to maybe add to your list, pick up Audi PN 4B0419685B ...
    On my list to get. It sure has worn off. Was planning to go by dealer today. Thanks for the Part#.
    I'll post the measurement on the bolt shortly.

@Other_Erik,
    I called up the mechanic to check the Audi parts system and he told them the bolt is M6x65. Is that helpful for what you need, or do you need other measurements?

Exactly what I needed, thank you sir!
    #905530 - Brilliant Black on Ebony. Sorted, running strong, ready for a new owner.
    No, I am not the board admin - that's Erik (from Sweden), I'm Other_Erik (from the US)

Gorgeous man, here's to another 70k. :beer:

Your headlights, are the NA ones with the amber removed or are they real ecodes? Any side shots, especially of the wheels? I can't tell what they are, but like the look.
    -Mike-
    03 RS6 Mugello/Ivory #905565
    01 S4 Casa/sport/6spd

The headlights are real e-codes. My previous set were regular headlights with amber reflector removed.

Ordered the new emblem for steering wheel. Should be in a couple of days.

The wheels are HRE P40 19x9 et29. Click image below to get to other shots of the wheels. Some taken before the KWv3 and others with them installed.

Hopefully not from dealer for the emblem? I was quoted $114...I got it from BKS Tuning in Germany for $36 plus 5% discount.
    2003 Audi RS6 Daytona/Silver, 2012 Porsche 911 Turbo S, 2016 Golf R 6 MT, 2018 Porsche Macan GTS

I'm trying to keep from drooling... Excellent photography skills too!
    2017 Subaru BRZ Limited w/ Performance Pack 6MT
    2003 Audi RS 6 quattro 5AT - sold

Looks great.

Mine is up on a lift (replacing CV boots) and I can get a good look at the doors, I HAVE RUST AND PAINT BUBBLING UP on my passenger side door! S.O.A.B. What was the rust warrantee? 25 years Right?????
    '18 BMW M5, '19 Porsche Boxster GTS
    (prior '94 325is, '97 M3, '00 A6 4.2,'03 RS6,'08 A4 Cab,'13 A8L,'15 Q7,'16 BMW M2,

Damn, just had to show off mine as well, sorry OP

It's too Damn Sexy not to
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Clean Engine-1.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	116.8 KB 
ID:	16294  
    2003 Audi RS6
    Daytona Grey
    APR EMCS

Quote Originally Posted by Aronis View Post
    Looks great.

Mine is up on a lift (replacing CV boots) and I can get a good look at the doors, I HAVE RUST AND PAINT BUBBLING UP on my passenger side door! S.O.A.B. What was the rust warrantee? 25 years Right?????
    12 years/unlimited mileage from date of first use.
    2017 Subaru BRZ Limited w/ Performance Pack 6MT
    2003 Audi RS 6 quattro 5AT - sold

I cannot WAIT to start on mine... ugh
    BB GT28's w/ Tial Wastegates, Full 3" Open Exhaust, Wagners, Billet Triple Disk Converter, Built Trans, Exedy Friction Disks, ECU/TCU Tuned, 450/AEM400/1000cc/AFPR, E85, R8 Coils, Nubcake Tuned. Fastest RS6 in the USA :)

That darn engine bay really is wonderful to look at. Post more if you got 'hem.....