Thread: New member -- Just got my RS6

New member -- Just got my RS6

Greetings All.

New to Forum. Have been looking for an RS6 for about a year now. Finally found 905191 here in the SF Bay Area. 108K with full service records and services by dealer. New tranny, new TC, and new TB. Recent major service and fairly new tires. Interior is well maintained and in good shape. Emerald/Emerald. Exterior is good for a 12yo car. Garaged and stock. Asking was 22K, paid 19K. 2nd Gen DRC with left front leaking (only thing I replaced). I will eventually get the Konis, but want to see how it rides with the DRC. So far has been amazing, excellent power and DRC seems tolerable so far. Only hard code is EGT Sensor.

Want to say thanks to you all for amazing forum with great information -- which I have been reading non-stop. Current DD is an A7, which is really nice, but kinda boring. Griffin MW is close by. Lots of ideas, but for now will just drive it and enjoy.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	p1.jpg 
Views:	185 
Size:	63.2 KB 
ID:	16272Click image for larger version. 

Name:	p2.jpg 
Views:	226 
Size:	69.8 KB 
ID:	16273Click image for larger version. 

Name:	p3.jpg 
Views:	193 
Size:	67.2 KB 
ID:	16274Click image for larger version. 

Name:	p4.jpg 
Views:	189 
Size:	68.7 KB 
ID:	16275

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	p5.jpg 
Views:	195 
Size:	70.7 KB 
ID:	16276

Looks black. I was thinking green when you said emerald. Good price. Good thing you got $3k off because the EGTs will cost you that much Kidding, sort of, search for some of the fixes by soldering. If not, it's very tough to reach, and $600 for the sensors alone. Get ross tech VCDS if you haven't...at least lets you clear codes and the CEL.

SE exhaust is a nice upgrade. A tune really wakes the car up, but also decreases the life of your trans, leading to a $6-8k bill, but damn it's fun.

Check out my site for extra info, http://audirssix.com/

Edit, your pics are really small...
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Excellent suggestions/ideas. Keep them coming. Thanks!

Welcome to the forum which I am sure you have already found to be probably the most robust of any on the web. Glad to see you are in the SF Bay area, there are a few of us here, and it sounds as though you are in the East Bay if close to Griffin. Stick with them, one of the top few independent shops in our region. I picked up my second RS6 from the East Bay recently. I tried to get a gathering of like souls a while back without success, perhaps we can shoot for this again later this spring for a drive. You will get the official Crazy Train welcome soon hopefully!
    First RS6 totaled at 142K. Now donor for S6 Avant project. Daily driver: Sepang Blue 2016 S6. Black optics, sport package. #2 Black on Black, Level 10 and Koni, Eclipse Nav + Sirius, 034 Motorsports ECU and TCU tune.

Welcome! I live in the bay area in San Francisco. I'd be in for a little Bay Area drive.

Congrats and welcome to the show!

Welcome!

From the south bay and up for a drive sometime as well.

Welcome aboard the...

210K miles rolled

Thanks Max, slacker!!! You can't stay away from that Porsche I bet
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

^LOL- You nailed me. I was at TWS this past weekend with it. ;0
    210K miles rolled

Welcome aboard
    Current: 08 Mercedes CLK63 AMG Black Series, 08 Mercedes E63 AMG, 99 Mercedes C43 AMG, 02 Porsche 911 Turbo, 91 BMW 318IC (E30)
    Past: 03 Audi RS6, 01 Audi S4, 13 Audi S6, 99 BMW M3, 07 Audi RS4, 06 BMW M5, +

welcome brotha

Welcome you picked a great area to be a RS6 owner! Love the audirssix.com site! Thank you. If your ever in the eastern part of the state stop by our shop in Truckee, Avantwerks. Www.avantwerks.com. We service a lot of RS6 here. I would say weekly. The owner and myself both own RS6. We can give you a great deal on any maintainance/upgrades. We are an APR dealer as well as Vag autowerks. We will be at the JHM BBQ this Saturday the 25th if you wanna swing by in Lathrop! Will be lots of Audi nuts there!
    Current Rides:
    2000 Toyota Celica GT-S Supercharged | 2000 Audi S4 Stage 3 | 2008 Audi TT 3.2 | 2003 Audi RS6 Avant

Always nice to hear positive feedback on the site! I've been buried with work again, but hope to keep updating the site with relevant info. I just got some new transmission pics, and would like to add a full R&R page.

Thank you guys. Have been out traveling with little internet access. Have to say that I have driven many fast cars but this RS6 is truly something special. Ear to ear smiles. Love the audirssix.com site and I hope to get up to Truckee soon to check it out. So far, so good. 800+ miles and runs like a dream. Feel sorry for my A7. Working on my upgrade list. Will be going to Griffin MW soon. I am up for a BayArea ride too. Also, anyone know of a shop that will do the EGT Sensor without dropping the engine close by?