Thread: scarab powerboats

scarab powerboats

Hi,

It's been a while since i've heard or seen anything related to Scarab, the off shore powerboat manufacturer.

Does anyone know what's happened to them? Were they dissolved or something, I must of missed it if they were. anyone care to update me about Scarab?

Thanks!

Now I may be totally wrong on this but I think that Scarab was a model in the Wellcraft company. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

-Stuart
    Edit: Just found this Scarab for you klint.
    30 foot Scarab
    (Returned) 2003 Mugello Blue RS6, Silver interior
    2005 Mallett CTS-V 007: long tube headers, race cam, exhaust, heads, intake, and suspension.
    2007 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited: 4.5 inch lift, 35 inch tires on 20's
    Wife's 2007 Chevrolet Suburban: 427, Corsa Exhaust

Stuart,

That I didn't know. I always presumed it was it's own manufactuer, I guess my asumption was incorrect.

Thanks for going to the liberty on finding an example. Does Wellcraft still produce the Scarab?

From looking at their website, Wellcraft does not but they do make this one and it looks like the Scarab except it is center console walk around type boat.
    In the offshore powerboat category I really like Cigarette1Racing.
    Nice calender too.
    -Stuart
    2005 Mallett CTS-V 007: long tube headers, race cam, exhaust, heads, intake, and suspension.

Thanks again, Stuart.

The Cigarettes look great, especially with the 1040hp engine package(s)! They also got a good racing pedigree to keep them in touch. How much do those things retail for?

I know of Donzi from Charlie's Angels. That's as far as my knowledge goes as for American Off Shore Powerboats.

I once purchased an imported, American powerboat magazine, I should dig it out sometime, most of the information that I read is also forgotten.

Many I've noticed use the Corvette V8 engine, with a supercharger bolted onto the top, is there any particular reason why?

I have seen 2002 models loaded for 250,000 USd.
    It had twin 550 horse motors. I do not know why the use supercharged corvette engines though. I guess to get more power out of them.

Scarab was a model acquired by Wellcraft, trademarked and under license from Larry Smith. In 2003 Wellcraft parent, Genmar, exited the performance boat market -- effectively killiig the Scarab brand.
    GoFastKindaGuy
    '18 McLaren 720S, '18 Audi R8 V10 Plus, '18 Porsche Turismo Sport Turbo, '12 Cayenne Turbo, '04 Carrera GT

Thanks for that insite Gofast and by the way I can not wait to see your Aston Martin pictures.