Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: From Quarter Panel Question - wife hit it

From Quarter Panel Question - wife hit it

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150403_112148457.jpg 
Views:	194 
Size:	89.9 KB 
ID:	16224
    So what a way to start my morning my wife was backing out and hit the front right quarter panel. Of course the wheel well lip is damaged which I know will be the pain part to fix. Are there replacement quarter panels instead of having the body shop pound it out? Should i ping one of the salvage shops? Thoughts? Divorce Lawyers? jk of course./
    RS6 2003 Mugello , silver, carbon, Revo, KW3s, Hotchkis sway bars, Custom exhaust, Hawk HPS pads, RNS-E, Bluetooth, 19" BBS CH(Black)

Wow...she better be a damn nice woman

Hope you have a trusted body shop. My guy always knew if it could be repaired or replaced. If replacing I would have my mechanic pull the panel and take to a body shop.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Yeah fender replacement looks like the way to go. Shouldn't be too difficult, just need it paint matched. I believe front fenders are all the same from C5 4.2, S6, and RS6.

Pretty sure the RS6 fender is RS6 specific. So did you get her insurance info? Repair cost $2,500 with labor is my guess...
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

LOL yea lets just say she is self insured i.e. myself insured I was thinking the same around $2500 will probally get some other work done at the same time. Not a Good Friday for me.
    RS6 2003 Mugello , silver, carbon, Revo, KW3s, Hotchkis sway bars, Custom exhaust, Hawk HPS pads, RNS-E, Bluetooth, 19" BBS CH(Black)

Same part A6 4.2 2002 to 2004 only or S6. Good luck.
    2003 RS6 Ebony/Ivory- Milltek exhaust, 19' BBS, APR diverter valves,
    2004 A6 4.2 Black/black- RS6 bumpers, cold air intake, 18' Fondmetal wheels, 20' TSw

Isn't the wheel well liner RS6 specific though with the vents?
    2003 Audi RS6 Daytona/Silver, 2012 Porsche 911 Turbo S, 2016 Golf R 6 MT, 2018 Porsche Macan GTS

Yes wheel well liner is different but fender is same.
    2003 RS6 Ebony/Ivory- Milltek exhaust, 19' BBS, APR diverter valves,
    2004 A6 4.2 Black/black- RS6 bumpers, cold air intake, 18' Fondmetal wheels, 20' TSw

I can tell you that when my front bumper was re-sprayed the color match was perfect, no side blending needed. Megello Blue, small local shop, $450 paint.

Ok good to know the shop I went to was worried about the blend. I have some other spots to touch up on the doors and hood. Also will finally install the carbon lip spoiler. Need to raise the ride height a little.

RS6 front fenders and hood are aluminum. Same as A6 4.2 and S6 for 02-04.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

What do the BBS's you have weigh? Maybe I'll buy those from you to offset your sudden expenses... Sorry, probably too soon.
    RS6 #1 904959, Daytona, Silver, tons of "stuff," went through puddle, dead engine, end of #1 for me, rebuilt by local enthusiast and thriving.
    RS6 #2 904568, Avus, Ebony, no stuff, stock minus RNS-E.

Shoot a PM to k2switch23; he's parting out an RS6 that got hit on the left side; the RH fender might still be good. I forget what color the car is. Either way should be able to save you a few bucks vs. buying a new one.
    2017 Subaru BRZ Limited w/ Performance Pack 6MT
    2003 Audi RS 6 quattro 5AT - sold

Quote Originally Posted by Dmb408 View Post
    What do the BBS's you have weigh? Maybe I'll buy those from you to offset your sudden expenses... Sorry, probably too soon.
    - Nice Try

Quote Originally Posted by Turbowned View Post
    Shoot a PM to k2switch23; he's parting out an RS6 that got hit on the left side; the RH fender might still be good. I forget what color the car is. Either way should be able to save you a few bucks vs. buying a new one.
    Black, and the passenger fender is fscked as well.

OP - check with a trusted autobody shop. I'm not familiar with the Tampa area so can't really recommend anyone, but I _think_ they may be able to fix and blend cheaper than replacement.

O_E
    #905530 - Brilliant Black on Ebony. Sorted, running strong, ready for a new owner.
    No, I am not the board admin - that's Erik (from Sweden), I'm Other_Erik (from the US)

I guess we will find out. Fixing Aluminum is a challenge and it was damaged at the creases of the wheel well which would be hard to get right.

And you have called Shokan? Sorry I feel like this goes without saying but I finally pulled the trigger on a few things from them recently that worked out well. The one thing is though if they say they need to check and call you back, they never do, get the details while they are on the phone otherwise you'll have to call back.
    RS6 #1 904959, Daytona, Silver, tons of "stuff," went through puddle, dead engine, end of #1 for me, rebuilt by local enthusiast and thriving.

Oh yea and if you ping me I can give you what I think is Shokan's pricing modus operandi (or what I have deduced it to be). Just not sure if I should plaster that on the board.