Thread: cam tensioner/adjuster pull and found, once again, a damaged pick up screen on bottom

cam tensioner/adjuster pull and found, once again, a damaged pick up screen on bottom

I've seen this same thing on a couple of the 2.7t's I've done. I think audi uses the same style for many of their audi/vw cars. There is a little screen to "help" keep junk in the oil from getting into the adjusters. I'm only doing one side at a time to help keep track of things and leave the heads exposed for a shorter amount of time. I found the screen damaged but have never been able to find a replacement. Simple little item but no part number for it. Anyone have an idea if it's even possible to get this? If not, might me a good item to manufacture and sell.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5306[1].jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	81.6 KB 
ID:	16182Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5307[1].jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	59.3 KB 
ID:	16183

I have a spare set of 2.7 heads sitting in the garage. If I can't find a new replacement screen I'm wondering if I should disassemble the spare heads for the part. Seems like a shame to completely tear down the heads for a little screen (assuming they are not damaged or missing on the spares either).

I looked at these when I overhauled the shoes, but like you wasn't successful in finding a replacement for them.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

You can get a new 1.8t (225bhp) adjuster (OEM Manufacturer for $65. Still a lot to pay to get just the screen. And yes, the AMU engine tt at least uses the same exact pads on a (different part #) adjuster.
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA