Thread: Front CV axle shafts

Front CV axle shafts

Are these the same on our car as the A6? Lifted mine up and saw that the rubber is torn up on both sides. What's the best place to get the parts? Thanks as always!!

Raxles.com with a core depo.
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Lots of the board members use raxles.com and replace the full axle. I have found success with aftermarket alternatives for just the outer joints on the front (GKN/Loebro) and similar for rear inner and outer.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

Raxles just emailed me a quote for $2499 per side. Is this a joke lol? Autohausaz has them for about $100 per side....pretty big gap

**I emailed them and they said they made a mistake and it should read $249.99
    Last edited by vas160s; March 29th, 2015 at 16:50.

Quote Originally Posted by vas160s View Post
    Yes. Made in China. Good for a solid 15000 miles or 2 years before the boots will fail and you'll be replacing.... At that price you have to expect that.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

True that. Thanks.