Thread: Happy RS6 - new floor mats, tires, a detail and 4 year 48,000 miles warranty

Happy RS6 - new floor mats, tires, a detail and 4 year 48,000 miles warranty

It's been a great week for my RS6. She got a fresh set of floor mat from 4everRS, fresh tires (a high speed puncture forced my hand) and a detail to get rid of the winter crude. I also called the local dealer and inquired if they could extend my Fidelity warranty. After a couple of hours I was given the "good new, bad news" scenario. No Fidelity, but yes to a 4 year or 48,000 miles Compass Care with Electronics package warranty from AGWS. The service rep at my Audi dealer told me he works well with them so I wrote the $5000 check. All it takes is one engine out repair and I break even.

Money well spent?
    03 RS6 Avus, 80 Modena Spyder, 93 Porsche 964 Cab, 11 Toyota Sienna SE, 95 John Deere 345 w/42" snow blower

money well spent as one oil cooler plastic pipe crack = engine drop = $5200
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

I'd say so, just make sure to drive that 12k per year. With there being about 5 repairs that can be around $4-8k the consensus seems to be get the warranty if it will cover everything major. Always good to hear another RS6 doing well. Isn't it still winter up there?

Edit; 80 degrees in central Texas all week. I was able to avoid driving in the rain all "Winter", so I've just used a California Duster on my detail from 6 months ago...there are some benefits to the warm weather, before we start to get cooked here.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

We had 60 degree days, then bam, 6" of snow and cold. You don't know the true skills of your RS6 until you out drag race anything in the snow. The power is amazing at -10 degrees. The RS6 is about the only thing I like about winter...
    03 RS6 Avus, 80 Modena Spyder, 93 Porsche 964 Cab, 11 Toyota Sienna SE, 95 John Deere 345 w/42" snow blower

Yes, the winter can be excellent in these. I think I'm moving back up North for good this summer, still have the winter Nokian Hakka 7's ready to roll. Just a bit down on the front page of my site is a great shot of when we got 8 inches in Eugene last year. No traffic out, had a blast!

http://www.audirssix.com/index.php
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com