Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Its been 3 years

Its been 3 years

I have been looking for a decent RS6 here in Montreal and finally I think I found one. A 2004 with 233k on it. Though all of the maintenance records are available. I know its high mileage.. but if it seems to be well maintained. Its going in the shop on Monday for a full inspection. The two brothers at the shop know their stuff and specialize in Volks /Audi.. My wife would prefer the 2007 A8L I found for less than 16k...

I fear I will be RS6less again ..

Most of the examples for sale in this neck of the woods are either scams or undocumented (no maintenance history, unknown service records).. I will post my findings..

I am sure people will start chiming in here but in my experience...I would check for the following myself, knowing what I know now:
    - Any leaks on the intercoolers, just shine a flashlight in there;
    - weeping valve cover gaskets, just look for oil build up on the covers;
    - battery voltage (i.e. does the alternator, voltage regulator, battery or other need replacing) should be pretty well at 14 with everything powered down, anything less and you'll be replacing one of the things in parentheses, Audi's tolerance for the battery voltage range is much too wide (i.e. in the inspection parameters)
    - bushing noise on cold starts after the car has sat, does it make any noise when first moving
    - does the car make any bearing noise when you go around corners with the window down listening

The above are all known, common items, in my experience that you can fix and they aren't bad but knowing those costs will come soon up front is better. On the whole trans issue, I have always seen that issue as a pure roll of the dice. Change the fluid with some Shaffers or BND or Redline or whatever and just enjoy the car til it blows up.
    RS6 #1 904959, Daytona, Silver, tons of "stuff," went through puddle, dead engine, end of #1 for me, rebuilt by local enthusiast and thriving.
    RS6 #2 904568, Avus, Ebony, no stuff, stock minus RNS-E.

Quote Originally Posted by tightgroup View Post
    I know its high mileage..
    This isn't high mileage..... It's average mileage - on a 11yr old car. Start talking to me about high mileage when you have double that. I hope for your sake the car was owned and serviced outside of Quebec. I've heard nothing but horror stories about the car industry inside the QUE border. So much so, you wouldn't see my buying anything from that part of Canada - even if it was 50% less than the same item in Ontario. Buyer beware.[/quote]
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

I was going to buy one from Montreal that had 112,000km on it, but some red flags went up so I backed out of the deal.

I ended up buying one in Toronto that had a salvage/rebuilt title with 172,500km on it, but it had far better documentation, and in order to get a rebuilt brand, has to pass a structural inspection. I spent an additional $3,100 to have my mechanic replace any and all issues that were brought up by a Pfaff Audi PPI.

I, also, would be very wary of buying a Quebec car without a thorough inspection and documentation. Most guys in the car business that I know will not entertain purchasing Quebec cars as they have had nothing but issues.

As Bigglezworth has state, 233,000KM is not high mileage for an 11 year old car.

I know of a very clean 6MT car in Ontario if you're interested.

No future slushbox rebuilds to worry about.
    2012 Q7 TDI S-Line - 2010 GTI - 2007 A3 3.2 S-Line - 2003 RS6
    2001 Honda S2000 - 1977 Honda CBR 750-F2 - 1965 GMC 1500 WideSide

Quote Originally Posted by SteveKen View Post
    I know of a very clean 6MT car in Ontario if you're interested.

No future slushbox rebuilds to worry about.
    I will vouch for that seller! So long as it's Sergio's we're talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottW View Post
    I will vouch for that seller! So long as it's Sergio's we're talking about.
    Yep. His initial buyer had some unique circumstances and had to back out.

I've been in it for a ride and it's very nice and very clean.
    2012 Q7 TDI S-Line - 2010 GTI - 2007 A3 3.2 S-Line - 2003 RS6
    2001 Honda S2000 - 1977 Honda CBR 750-F2 - 1965 GMC 1500 WideSide

I have been looking for a decent RS6 here in Montreal and finally I think I found one. A 2004 with 233k on it. Though all of the maintenance records are available. I know its high mileage.. but if it seems to be well maintained. Its going in the shop on Monday for a full inspection. The two brothers at the shop know their stuff and specialize in Volks /Audi.. My wife would prefer the 2007 A8L I found for less than 16k...

I fear I will be RS6less again ..

Most of the examples for sale in this neck of the woods are either scams or undocumented (no maintenance history, unknown service records).. I will post my findings..
    If you pass on that one and would like to drive the 5 or so hours and take mine off my hands...it has ONLY 108K miles on it and has brand new 19" euro 5 spoke rims with 255mm Hankook V12 tires , and a new from 2011 RNS-E. I have kids getting closer to driving age and no way they are getting this as a their first car to drive. I'd love to pass the torch to another enthusiast from here. PM me for more deets and pix.
    SOLD ! 2003 RS6 Mugello/Silver -MTM
    2001 allroad 6-speed (300K+), 1992 Mercedes-Benz 500E, 2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK63, 2010 BMW X3, 1986 16V Scirocco, 2005 Mercedes E55 Wagon

35% premium to purchase a USD vehicle (currency exchange, duty, PST, GST, transport, RIV fee, out of country inspection, out of province inspection). I try to explain this to people crying foul for listing one of my rides here with 120K on it for $22,000.00CDN and they have it in their mind they can get one from the US for $18,000.00 that is the same. When you go through the simple math for them, they just look at you dumbfounded and still don't understand it will cost them $24-25K CDN for that same vehicle that was 18K USD, but still be unhappy with me selling for 15% lower at 22K..... lol
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

I'm in the mid-teens for price (wish the car commanded more $$ but don't we all), but hear you on all that B. Thanks.

USA peeps...stay tooned for more info in the classifieds soon. Winter is almost done down here and the car comes out of the garage next month. Have a few nice extras to go along with the car too.
    2001 allroad 6-speed (300K+), 1992 Mercedes-Benz 500E, 2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK63, 2010 BMW X3, 1986 16V Scirocco, 2005 Mercedes E55 Wagon

Don't you have a nice set of 19" summer wheels? PM me if so. Sorry to hear you're parting with the beast.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

I am open to what is being offered, though I would ask if you PMed me on these items. I seem to have a hard time to send any PMs

You should check out this car, not horribly far from you, and I seriously considered it but being on the Left Coast, was just too far from me.

http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/31...DROP-on-my-RS6
    First RS6 totaled at 142K. Now donor for S6 Avant project. Daily driver: Sepang Blue 2016 S6. Black optics, sport package. #2 Black on Black, Level 10 and Koni, Eclipse Nav + Sirius, 034 Motorsports ECU and TCU tune.

jimmy

let me know what you got, coventry brother, I thought you were in for long haul. go get a beater from Scott for the kids. keep the rs

Quote Originally Posted by EINHORN View Post
    jimmy

let me know what you got, coventry brother, I thought you were in for long haul. go get a beater from Scott for the kids. keep the rs
    I've had mine for 6+ years....that's a pretty long time. Scotty has his own RS6 now, and his wife drives an allroad almost like ours (feeling sorta queer with that)...deep down I will miss it (I really don't want to sell to be honest but too many Hi-po cars right now) Mine has truly been a wonderful car with very little to speak of in the issues dept. I drove 4 other RS6s before finding this one and zero regrets.

No beaters for the kinder, besides Coventry doesn't sell junk ! LOL... the boy wants an older C-Class 4-matic and the girl wants a regular A6 quattro, we can't be upset with those choices.

If whomever takes my car doesn't want the extras...for sure they will be available. Stay tuned. Sorry for the tangent , OP.

Well my prospect Beast was in for an inspecton. Here is what the diagnostic found

Address 01: Engine Labels: 077-907-558-BCY.lbl
    Control Module Part Number: 4D1 907 558 E

6 Faults Found:

17867 - Exhaust Gas Temp Sensor 2 (G236)
    P1459 - 008 - Implausible Signal
    17746 - Camshaft Position Sensor (G40)
    P1338 - 001 - Open or Short to Plus - Intermittent
    16825 - EVAP Emission Control Sys
    P0441 - 002 - Incorrect Flow - Intermittent
    16840 - EVAP System
    P0456 - 002 - Very Small Leak Detected
    18613 - Performance Malfunction in Cooling System
    P2181 - 008 -
    18393 - Coolant Control Module 2 (J671)
    P1985 - 002 - Malfunction - Intermittent

Readiness: 0000 0000

plus some leakage on the turbos, leak rear main between the tranny and engine, plus control arm bushings are shot and front disk need to be replaced

I am prepared to walk away

Just sounds like routine maintenance that's been ignored. Rear main seal out of trans is common, upgraded seal available. Ask for $3k off current price to fix things if the rest of the car is perfect. I'd rather find a better maintained one though...
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Well my prospect Beast was in for an inspecton. Here is what the diagnostic found

Address 01: Engine Labels: 077-907-558-BCY.lbl
    Control Module Part Number: 4D1 907 558 E

6 Faults Found:

17867 - Exhaust Gas Temp Sensor 2 (G236)
    P1459 - 008 - Implausible Signal
    17746 - Camshaft Position Sensor (G40)
    P1338 - 001 - Open or Short to Plus - Intermittent
    16825 - EVAP Emission Control Sys
    P0441 - 002 - Incorrect Flow - Intermittent
    16840 - EVAP System
    P0456 - 002 - Very Small Leak Detected
    18613 - Performance Malfunction in Cooling System
    P2181 - 008 -
    18393 - Coolant Control Module 2 (J671)
    P1985 - 002 - Malfunction - Intermittent

Readiness: 0000 0000

plus some leakage on the turbos, leak rear main between the tranny and engine, plus control arm bushings are shot and front disk need to be replaced

I am prepared to walk away
    Well after talking to my mechanic and getting an estimate to the original owner, he wants me to make an offer.. I am thinking of 11k for the car..