Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Its been 3 years

Maybe make it 4 off. Just drop the engine and do everything proactively.
    RS6 #1 904959, Daytona, Silver, tons of "stuff," went through puddle, dead engine, end of #1 for me, rebuilt by local enthusiast and thriving.
    RS6 #2 904568, Avus, Ebony, no stuff, stock minus RNS-E.

Quote Originally Posted by lswing View Post
    Just sounds like routine maintenance that's been ignored. Rear main seal out of trans is common, upgraded seal available. Ask for $3k off current price to fix things if the rest of the car is perfect. I'd rather find a better maintained one though...

Seems like more serious maintenance to me. Rear main seal is a big deal. That what he said is leaking. Rear seal of the trans is not as big of a deal. Rear main of engine will require engine drop.

To the op, I would walk.
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

run, Forrest

LOL so no box of chocolates for me

Find one for ~$20k that has been well cared for. Unless you can fix stuff or have a good mechanic, trying to find a deal on one of these could cost you.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

well the deal went bad, so no RS6. I will keep looking

Quote Originally Posted by tightgroup View Post
    well the deal went bad, so no RS6. I will keep looking
    Don't give up, you'll find your unicorn!

Don't
    Ever
    Settle

I held off on a couple nice candidate RS6's that needed a good amount of work done, ended up getting mine from TechGurru here and couldn't be happier! Maybe DHall1 will sell you one of his? Also, I seem to remember a CDN-Spec RS here in the Washington DC area that was up for sale not too long ago. If it's the one I'm thinking of, the seller just wanted to get rid of it pretty inexpensive as well, like $13-14k? My memory sucks but for some reason that's sticking the longer I think about it.

O_E
    #905530 - Brilliant Black on Ebony. Sorted, running strong, ready for a new owner.
    No, I am not the board admin - that's Erik (from Sweden), I'm Other_Erik (from the US)

How much are you looking to spend? I don't know anything about the extra costs involved with bringing a car from the U.S. into Canada, but I might be looking to sell my stock '03 with 85k miles for ~$20k USD soon. It's currently receiving Koni shocks all around, all 8 front control arms and sway bar end links, and a replacement steering rack. Having 3 cars is killing me on insurance and storage to only be able to drive one at a time, so I'm thinking of downsizing to one car, hopefully a P-car of some sort.
    2017 Subaru BRZ Limited w/ Performance Pack 6MT
    2003 Audi RS 6 quattro 5AT - sold

Quote Originally Posted by Turbowned View Post
    How much are you looking to spend? I don't know anything about the extra costs involved with bringing a car from the U.S. into Canada, but I might be looking to sell my stock '03 with 85k miles for ~$20k USD soon. It's currently receiving Koni shocks all around, all 8 front control arms and sway bar end links, and a replacement steering rack. I'm quite possibly taking the plunge into Porsche ownership, *gasp*
    Turbowned - importing a US spec car into Canada is a long and expensive process... think a year plus, and CND$10-15k. The only "easy" import is a Canada-spec 2004 that someone imported to the US. Bringing those back is pretty much "Sooooo, does it still have the Canadian inspection certificate in the paperwork, eh?" "Yep, here's the certificate, ya silly hoosier." "Well very good then, in ya go! Have a nice day, eh?"

O_E
    #905530 - Brilliant Black on Ebony. Sorted, running strong, ready for a new owner.
    No, I am not the board admin - that's Erik (from Sweden), I'm Other_Erik (from the US)

You'd think it would be simpler considering how many JDM imports they bring into Canada. I know a couple people who bring JDM Nissan Skylines and whatnot into the U.S. through Canada after they've been imported.
    2017 Subaru BRZ Limited w/ Performance Pack 6MT
    2003 Audi RS 6 quattro 5AT - sold

Quote Originally Posted by Other_Erik View Post
    Turbowned - importing a US spec car into Canada is a long and expensive process... think a year plus, and CND$10-15k. The only "easy" import is a Canada-spec 2004 that someone imported to the US. Bringing those back is pretty much "Sooooo, does it still have the Canadian inspection certificate in the paperwork, eh?" "Yep, here's the certificate, ya silly hoosier." "Well very good then, in ya go! Have a nice day, eh?"

O_E
    Inaccurate statement. And what's with the 'eh', 'hoosier', etc......

Any vehicle that resides in the US can be imported into Canada as long as it's not on the RIV's (Registra of Imported Vehicles) list of impermissible vehicles. Any vehicle that was exported from Canada to the US can return to Canada without any out of country inspections and without having to pay any duty or taxes either (as all of those were already conducted and paid for). A reinspection for the respective province would still be required as part of the registration effort.

The 03 RS6 was not admissible until the spring of 2009 after which point in time the Canadian Department of Transportation harmonized their bumper standards to match the Europoean Union and US standards (reduced our safety requirements to the lesser requirement of the others). I have imported three '03 RS6's since that point in time which is easy peasy. You simply need to account for delta in currency exhance, duty, provincial tax, federal tax, import fees, inspections, etc. Paperwork is straight forward and completed via Internet. There is some preplanning to account for from a timing perspective that you need to well account for so as to make the time at the border minimal. Remember you neede to not only import to Canada, but you also need to export from the US. USCBP needs to ensure vehicle isn't stolen and performs a full trace on the car prior to permitting it's departure from their country. I can talk to anyone via phone that want to perform this for any car.

The effort is slightly different for off-shore vehicles as you simply cannot import those until a 15 year time period has passed. Then you can import whatever you want as long as you pay tax, and as long as the vehicle passes inspections and can be registered. I plan on importing a 2002 RS6 Avant in a year and a bit.....
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

Quote Originally Posted by Bigglezworth View Post
    Inaccurate statement. And what's with the 'eh', 'hoosier', etc......

Any vehicle that resides in the US can be imported into Canada as long as it's not on the RIV's (Registra of Imported Vehicles) list of impermissible vehicles. Any vehicle that was exported from Canada to the US can return to Canada without any out of country inspections and without having to pay any duty or taxes either (as all of those were already conducted and paid for). A reinspection for the respective province would still be required as part of the registration effort.

The 03 RS6 was not admissible until the spring of 2009 after which point in time the Canadian Department of Transportation harmonized their bumper standards to match the Europoean Union and US standards (reduced our safety requirements to the lesser requirement of the others). I have imported three '03 RS6's since that point in time which is easy peasy. You simply need to account for delta in currency exhance, duty, provincial tax, federal tax, import fees, inspections, etc. Paperwork is straight forward and completed via Internet. There is some preplanning to account for from a timing perspective that you need to well account for so as to make the time at the border minimal. Remember you neede to not only import to Canada, but you also need to export from the US. USCBP needs to ensure vehicle isn't stolen and performs a full trace on the car prior to permitting it's departure from their country. I can talk to anyone via phone that want to perform this for any car.

The effort is slightly different for off-shore vehicles as you simply cannot import those until a 15 year time period has passed. Then you can import whatever you want as long as you pay tax, and as long as the vehicle passes inspections and can be registered. I plan on importing a 2002 RS6 Avant in a year and a bit.....
    Thank you for the correction, I may have been thinking of the other way 'round (importing from Canada to the US, or from EU to US)

O_E

Wow what a day today. First our sixth grandchild was born this morning, a beautiful healthy baby boy and tonight I pulled the trigger on my "new" RS6..

^Big congrats on the Boy!

Quote Originally Posted by lswing View Post
    Which one?
    edit: LOL- Both
    Last edited by MaxRS6; April 15th, 2015 at 20:34.
    210K miles rolled

Quote Originally Posted by MaxRS6 View Post
    ^Big congrats on the Boy!
    Which one?

Congratulations all around!
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Buffalo's??
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

Congrats on the new additions!
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

Montreal's