Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Charger SRT Hellcat...

Charger SRT Hellcat...

Is A LOT faster than a stock RS6. On the entrance ramp this morning (long one beside the hwy), I got a Chrysler engineer (manufacturer's plates and he was running the diagnostic computer facing him) to gun it. He was in front of me, I had the car in sport mode, holding the lower gear (3rd at about 60) and he CRUSHED me. The minute I heard the sound from him gunning it, I did, and it was like the RS6 was standing still. That is a very impressive motor, he was pulled away many many cars in a very short period of time. Even with my old car (tuned and Milltek turbo back) I don't think I would've even been close.
    RS6 #1 904959, Daytona, Silver, tons of "stuff," went through puddle, dead engine, end of #1 for me, rebuilt by local enthusiast and thriving.
    RS6 #2 904568, Avus, Ebony, no stuff, stock minus RNS-E.

Quote Originally Posted by Dmb408 View Post
    Is A LOT faster than a stock RS6. On the entrance ramp this morning (long one beside the hwy), I got a Chrysler engineer (manufacturer's plates and he was running the diagnostic computer facing him) to gun it. He was in front of me, I had the car in sport mode, holding the lower gear (3rd at about 60) and he CRUSHED me. The minute I heard the sound from him gunning it, I did, and it was like the RS6 was standing still. That is a very impressive motor, he was pulled away many many cars in a very short period of time. Even with my old car (tuned and Milltek turbo back) I don't think I would've even been close.
    IF it's stock form (big bad IF there), you're talking 707HP pushing a 3900lb beast through 1.8 lateral G's of acceleration. Yup, gonna be a lot quicker than a stock RS6. Take comfort that when you get snow, he'll be stuck spinning tires in a puddle and you'll be tooling along like nothing's wrong

O_E
    #905530 - Brilliant Black on Ebony. Sorted, running strong, ready for a new owner.
    No, I am not the board admin - that's Erik (from Sweden), I'm Other_Erik (from the US)

I actually had your thought right away Eric, since he had the computer up I wondered if he dialed up the PSI on the charger on the spot and did for good measure just to put me in my place.
    RS6 #1 904959, Daytona, Silver, tons of "stuff," went through puddle, dead engine, end of #1 for me, rebuilt by local enthusiast and thriving.

Stock RS6 is by no means fast, not really a comparison. You're leaving 50hp/100tq for starters just sitting there with no tune. But if there was any water on the ground you may have had a shot...
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

lswing, yes I had no preconceived notions of what was going to happen, but I was blown away nonetheless (and I had a good bit of seat time in my brother's CTS-V before he got rid of it so I feel like I have a faster-than-RS6 car prespective).

It's amazing he was able to get enough traction, sounds like the biggest issue with so much power and RWD. Being an engineer the driver had it dialed in sounds like. Now you just need a tune to really wake the beast up!
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

I'd love to have one of those...

Sounds fun and scary...
    2012 Q7 TDI S-Line - 2010 GTI - 2007 A3 3.2 S-Line - 2003 RS6
    2001 Honda S2000 - 1977 Honda CBR 750-F2 - 1965 GMC 1500 WideSide

Well yeah... 707hp, 650lb-ft, 0-60 in 3.4s, 0-100 in 7.2s ... that thing will crush the RS6, on dry pavement at least.

http://www.caranddriver.com/dodge/ch...rt-srt-hellcat

Do beleive the boost is not adjustable on those cars w/o swapping out the blower pulley...

Also if you are familiar with the 07'+ body style GMCs, the Chrysler engine and trans ECU in those cars have the same type of torque management built into the the units themselves which can be tuned out however but is in place by the manufacturer and 99% of the time will not even allow you to spin the wheels on dry pavement with the traction control on or off.

Obviously the traction control in this one is dialed down a bit in terms of letting the engine do it's thing...

As I have posted before and I will post again -> add water = game over.
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

Simple physics speaking here. Straight line power and then some. This car will run high 10's on slicks. It will not corner worth a damn though which is not it's intended use. Also won't fair well in any sort of inclement weather and with it being only a few months old, long time reliability and quality control have yet to be proven. Would be a blast to own if you have a phat wallet to keep up with tire replacement every 5K. 275/20's aren't exactly inexpensive.... I have a quick Detroit powered ride in the garage that lays down low-mid 10's, but it's just not the same as owning the Audi. Yes the Audi is slower, but when you look at the bigger picture, it's quicker than the majority of vehicles ever made, AWD, and good quality in all areas except the OEM DRC.
    '02 S6 Avant Silver - Pokey | Carbon Black/Ebony RS6 w/ stuff - darn quick | '03 Daytona Grey/Ebony RS6 w/ more stuff - quicker yet | '91 NSX CDN issue with 6spd & BBSC - quicker yet and then some | '87 Buick GNX OEM clone w/ lots of stuff - quickest hands down

Quote Originally Posted by mrdave View Post
    Well yeah... 707hp, 650lb-ft, 0-60 in 3.4s, 0-100 in 7.2s ... that thing will crush the RS6, on dry pavement at least.

http://www.caranddriver.com/dodge/ch...rt-srt-hellcat

No surprise there at all.
    RS6.com Owner and Admin. The PRISM of RS6.com - Click here to send me an e-mail

Sorry to offend anyone but the question does lure in our minds; deep love for the C5 RS6 always... but the thing keeps nagging at one thing or another/ oil leak after oil leak...what would I replace it with one day??? Another Audi- an S6 or down size with the floating rumor that the new RS4 may come to the US in 2016? Nissan GT-R?.... I know a different ride altogether but??? I don't think I'll settle for a Hellcat!

Do all Audis have this issue or is it only the aging beast with its fatigue vs. demand ratio that ails us?

No 'real' answers off the top of my head.

Guys I subscribe to two auto mags right now (a low point for me actually) C&D and Autoweek (<----- by far the best car mag) so I was well aware of the Hellcat's numbers and under no false impressions of stock C5 RS6 vs Hellcat. I just thought you guys would want to know how in awe I was of that type of speed. It was awesome...actually the sound of him pulling away and the crap he was throwing up from the pavement was the coolest.

Having seen one in action here in Phoenix I'd have to agree. The sound and just the sheer speed is awe worthy.

But as previously mentioned, a big 6.2L V8 with a blower making around 707hp, c'mon what would one expect...

Oh and orcars6, I'd have to agree, I for one would not settle for the Hellcat. As fast as it may be and all its "greatness" I'd still choose the slower, neurotic, and PITA at times RS6... or maybe the C6 model.

Hell maybe even the B8 S4...esp after a lil work.

Quote Originally Posted by orcars6 View Post
    Sorry to offend anyone but the question does lure in our minds; deep love for the C5 RS6 always... but the thing keeps nagging at one thing or another/ oil leak after oil leak...what would I replace it with one day??? Another Audi- an S6 or down size with the floating rumor that the new RS4 may come to the US in 2016? Nissan GT-R?.... I know a different ride altogether but??? I don't think I'll settle for a Hellcat!

Do all Audis have this issue or is it only the aging beast with its fatigue vs. demand ratio that ails us?

No 'real' answers off the top of my head.
    What oil leaks? I've replaced more transmissions than oil leaks!

This is a very unique car for many reasons, and each owner enjoys in their own way, but the design, power, V8 rumble, all are not easy to find for a luxury car that is still sort of raw. Also a great price point if you can cover the maintenance.

Lots of different Audi's, each unique with pros and cons, similar to most car manufacturers. There have been some long discussions on folks that keep this versus a newer Audi, and those that have upgraded, and those that have both. Long discussion....I think once the RS7 prices come down to around $50k I may go for one. Still they lack the bold styling.

Best part about the Hellcat? Apparently, you can lease it

http://carbuying.jalopnik.com/you-ca...-go-1632370013
    2017 Subaru BRZ Limited w/ Performance Pack 6MT
    2003 Audi RS 6 quattro 5AT - sold