Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Next project starting sooner than I thought.

I think we'll all be waiting in anticipation on this one. Hoping for the best.
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

Those small rollers get fµcky. Not sure if mine were replaced when TB was done by previous owner, but if so they were getting loose 20k later...

Best of luck with repairs, hope it's not too much!
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

I'm getting it towed back to my place tomorrow morning and it will go in the garage and I'll start getting into it tomorrow.
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

Quote Originally Posted by JSRS6 View Post
    I'm getting it towed back to my place tomorrow morning and it will go in the garage and I'll start getting into it tomorrow.
    If it was a clean break then your probably in luck and just bent a few valves. If the belt stripped teeth chances are good the engine is toast.
    www.advancedautomotion.com

i don't think it was the TB, if you gradually felt losing the power it must be something else, did you do a scan? My second RS6 had its first TB replacement at 60k and then the second one at cca 140k and it didn't look too bad, it was indeed loose and would've probably jumped a few teeth soon, but no signs of dangerous cracks...
    Ex.: 2004 Audi RS6 C5 ABT, Milltek non-resonated, 19" RS4 B7 rims, RNS-E - SOLD
    2004 AUdi RS6 C5, SE exhaust, RNS-E, 19' original rims - SOLD
    Now :2009 Audi RS6 C6 - stock yet pretty fast

She is in my garage. Had her towed this morning and cleaned up the garage. I'll get into her after lunch. Fingers crossed.
    Avus RS 6, RNS-E/BT/RVC, Eurocharged/MTM, SuperSports, PSS9/Hotchkis, SS Lines/EBC Reds, FMU/BMC, Sportec vents, 007's, 9500ci, Black Optics/Headlights/Trim/Rims, CC; coming soon: stage 3 snow meth

As far as the smaller rollers, the RS6 has two on top whereas the 40v A8/S8 4.2 only has one on the left side??? Not sure why the RS6 got the second one, they both use the same belt and most of the roller/tensioner parts are the same. Did a Timing belt job on my girlfriends A8 less than a year ago, OEM parts. The single roller was noisy from the beginning and I let it go thinking it might quiet down, the kit did come with two so I decided I would check it and replace it with the second roller, found out it was almost frozen, well it chewed up the belt a bit. I replaced the roller with the second one but I may be doing the belt job again soon. Tozo, if your listening, can the A8 timing belt job be done without pulling the front end if I'm not doing the waterpump again? It looks a little tight but I think I can do it.
    Roy, WA

I always fear those top rollers. Nasty little buggers do alot of spinning for such a small bearing. I have always ordered the Audi part for that reason as well

best of luck to you.

Ok, were on pins & needles here. Get that animal torn open?????
    Roy, WA

Sorry Mark. I haven't had a chance to get into the car yet. Will start this weekend. Hopefully today.

Sorry Mark. I haven't had a chance to get into the car yet. Will start this weekend. Hopefully today.
    what about those crank position sensors?
    SOLD - 03 RS6 Avus (905355)
    Current - 03 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 double cab - the YETI, lifted, winched, snorkeled, lockered, skidded, geared

I haven't had a chance to do anything but put it in the garage.

What's the word?
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

My guess is crank sensor...but hoping for the best..
    Good Luck Josh...

Thanks guys. I am finally getting into her this week. It's been hectic with me getting out of the Navy and my girl getting orders to Souda Bay, Crete. So we have been preparing for that. Her A4 is staying here and the beast is getting shipped and overhauled while overseas. But it will at least be running again soon. I miss her, lol.

I agree Ben. I did lose power, but it wasn't crazy. Kinda felt like I ran out of gas and battery power at the same time.
    Probably not the same but it reminds me of the symptoms when my fuel filter was clogged.
    2003 Daytona/Silver RS6

Souda Bay, don't know if I would want to be stationed there but Super great place for a TDY. Good food, wine, water, sun,.....
    Roy, WA