Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 034 Motorsport Tuning & Tiptronic Software

034 Motorsport Tuning & Tiptronic Software

Which one of you was this???

http://store.034motorsport.com/blog/c5-audi-rs6-tuning-tiptronic-performance-software-tip-chip/

I had the MTM tcu chip on my list before I decided to go all in on the 01E. Could be a new option for anyone looking to tune or tighten up the TIP shifts.
    03 RS6 Avus/Ebony #905593 resurrected 6MT, 04 Avalanche Z71, 87 T-Bird Turbo Coupe (351W T5), 04 Aprilia RSVR Factory

And the tune to go with it...

http://store.034motorsport.com/c5-au...n=034-103-2400

Hmmm, which one of us will be the first.... kinda pricey, sucks the days of $125 mtm chips are gone
    BB GT28's w/ Tial Wastegates, Full 3" Open Exhaust, Wagners, Billet Triple Disk Converter, Built Trans, Exedy Friction Disks, ECU/TCU Tuned, 450/AEM400/1000cc/AFPR, E85, R8 Coils, Nubcake Tuned. Fastest RS6 in the USA :)

So who will be the first to test this ecu software out? Im thinking about it. Price doesn't seem bad.
    -Mike-
    03 RS6 Mugello/Ivory #905565
    01 S4 Casa/sport/6spd

For less than $1000 you could buy the full Viper package. including brake boosting and TCU chip

I have no skin in the game but have driven aViper tuned car....one of my old cars. Its fantastic

That said, 034 sure do support the Audi community.

I am curious to know if there is any difference in their tcu chip over my current mtm tip chip

Does the MTM have a 6800 RPM limit?

I need a tune that codes out the SAI, rear o2's and possibly egt's as they aren't really needed for the most part. Maybe even n80 valve so i can remove all the emissions crap.

delete all the things!
    BB GT28's w/ Tial Wastegates, Full 3" Open Exhaust, Wagners, Billet Triple Disk Converter, Built Trans, Exedy Friction Disks, ECU/TCU Tuned, 450/AEM400/1000cc/AFPR, E85, R8 Coils, Nubcake Tuned. Fastest RS6 in the USA :)

Quote Originally Posted by DHall1 View Post
    For less than $1000 you could buy the full Viper package. including brake boosting and TCU chip

I have no skin in the game but have driven aViper tuned car....one of my old cars. Its fantastic

That said, 034 sure do support the Audi community.
    The viper tune is great. Rich will code out anything you want gone. Tcu is part of the package, and my rpm needle damn near touches the 7k line.

Everyone's got their own preference, and I'm would bet that 034 did their homework.
    Avus Silver RS6 - Viper Stage 2 ECU/TCU - Water/Meth Injection - Frozen Rotors - Hbars - clear corners - Hella smoked tails - gutted precats

Oh I had no idea the viper tune was that cheap. Is it compatible if I already have a MTM tip chip?
    -Mike-
    03 RS6 Mugello/Ivory #905565
    01 S4 Casa/sport/6spd

Quote Originally Posted by mbagge01 View Post
    I am curious to know if there is any difference in their tcu chip over my current mtm tip chip
    You and me both, I just got my MTM chip in the mail...

Nice to see 034 doing the TCU software update as it seems to be tougher to obtain the MTM chip. What keeps surprising me most about the MTM chip and my upgraded trans is the fact that Tip shifts are not as crisp as Sport shifts. Sport is pretty amazing at this point, it's almost like dropping the clutch on a manual, I mean it's quick, very responsive and grabs great. Unfortunately Tip shifts feel about as soft a Drive shifts. I might look into contacting 034 and see if they can make the Tip shifts fast like Sport mode, hmmmm.

Anyhow, onto their ECU tune. It seems on the conservative side, which is good. I know all dyno's read different; and you can add in temp and other factors, but here is an image side my side from my time on the same type of Mustang dyno, calibrated spot on from what I saw, and I'm assuming 034 has theirs calibrated. I'm running about the same boost at 16-18psi, and on my log it's the AFR from a wideband showing. The main difference in my log is more timing and more fuel I would believe, and the water methanol allowing me to run the extra timing. This was on an 80 degree day after driving two hours at high freeway speeds.

Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

I'm sending 034 my TCU on Monday, I'll let you guys know how it turns out.

i have the mtm tcu chip and am interested if anyone knows if there is any significant difference between the two. Given the 034 chip is newer, maybe there is some improvements on the shifting patterns?

I have the 034 ECU and trans tune. Car made an extra 110 rwhp and I believe 120tq but I have the dyno sheets at my shop that I would have to check out. Same dyno and temps were within a couple degrees.
    The system does shift at 6800 in sport mode and closer to 6500 in regular. Tip speed is much faster than what the car had as well. Not sure what was in there before but it had a trans tune. Car made 446 awhp with the 034 software.
    The trans tune is pretty good but not perfect. In Tip mode it will downshift if you nail it in what the car thinks is too high of a gear. During normal driving though I always hear "I never feel your car shift up or down" and it is a lot smoother than it was. In S mode it shifts so hard and fast I am almost scared to use it.
    The engine tune seems nice as the car layed down a healthy number and stayed at 11.8:1 AFR all the way to 6800 RPM. It is supposed to peak at 17.5psi but at 50-60% throttle you can get an extra 1 psi spike. My highway mileage has dropped but I am usually in a pack going to an event and there is a lot of "spirited" driving. LOL
    2014 S8 - Daytona Gray Pearl Effect, APR Stage 2 Tune, APR downpipes

^^^ Awsome info I can't wait to get my TCU back from 034 and go for a spin!

I found my pics of the graphs:

2014 S8 - Daytona Gray Pearl Effect, APR Stage 2 Tune, APR downpipes

After considering all of the current options, I went with 034 recently. It seemed a very fair price for a very reputable tuner. Sorry, I have not yet done any logging or dynos. All I can offer is my opinion that the car feels great using the butt dyno and shifts are snappy. Drivability is perfect. Looking for some spare stock downpipes to gut and install next. 034 said they can tune for that no problem. Definitely recommend them.

So, given that APR is no longer supporting the C5 RS6, is 034 now the "best" solution for tuning ECU & TCU?

CW

Quote Originally Posted by CornersWell View Post
    So, given that APR is no longer supporting the C5 RS6, is 034 now the "best" solution for tuning ECU & TCU?

CW
    For the TCU tune, probably the easiest. The only other options I know of are Viper UK and AMD in Washington (availability may be tough).

ECU; Eurocharged, Viper, AMD, EPL, Revo...
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com