Thread: Any ideas on if this would fit ours?

Any ideas on if this would fit ours?

Is this a cure for the rubbed button blues? I see the fits "S6 w/o navigation" listed...which makes me think it wouldn't fit RS6. Doesn't have same part number as ours but I don't see any visible difference.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HEAT-A-C-CLI...a4a8fb&vxp=mtr
    RS6 #1 904959, Daytona, Silver, tons of "stuff," went through puddle, dead engine, end of #1 for me, rebuilt by local enthusiast and thriving.
    RS6 #2 904568, Avus, Ebony, no stuff, stock minus RNS-E.

It looks like it would. For $46 bucks buy it before someone else does I just bought a set of the stickers for temp relief. See if that works.
    RS6 2003 Mugello , silver, carbon, Revo, KW3s, Hotchkis sway bars, Custom exhaust, Hawk HPS pads, RNS-E, Bluetooth, 19" BBS CH(Black)

stubro i am almost thought of not posting for that reason, unfortunately if anyone gets saucy on here and thinks they can beat me to it, i can drive to that place in about 15 min from my house.
    RS6 #1 904959, Daytona, Silver, tons of "stuff," went through puddle, dead engine, end of #1 for me, rebuilt by local enthusiast and thriving.

Seriously buy it. In the end they all will rub off, crappy design, but for $46 get it
    RS6 2003 Mugello , silver, carbon, Revo, KW3s, Hotchkis sway bars, Custom exhaust, Hawk HPS pads, RNS-E, Bluetooth, 19" BBS CH(Black)

I'll try to pick up today but most likely tomorrow afternoon.

That "off" button doesn't exist on ours. I believe you want part# 4B0820043AD (or -AM or -AR). http://www.abs-world-online.de/en/He...t-Audi-A6.html

Quote Originally Posted by mrdave View Post
    That "off" button doesn't exist on ours. I believe you want part# 4B0820043AD (or -AM or -AR). http://www.abs-world-online.de/en/He...t-Audi-A6.html
    Correct, that lower button on ours is auto detect circulate. Basically if the sensors pick up bad or dirty air they close the outside air intake and circulate internally through the cabin filter.

Bad buttons? I made sure to buy a clean one, almost all my buttons are perfect still, just keep nails off them...
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Cool guys, yea my first car had good buttons but my second doesnt. The prior owner did replace the lights switch though so that is nice and new.

Quote Originally Posted by Dmb408 View Post
    Cool guys, yea my first car had good buttons but my second doesnt. The prior owner did replace the lights switch though so that is nice and new.
    Nice, well here's to getting those buttons replaced!
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Does our HVAC unit come out with the same keys as our stereo head units? I have those keys, so if that is easy enough to remove I would probably send to this sticky no more place since the car is not a daily.

Just fyi, the finish on the part you referenced in your post will not match your stereo or other black bits. This is the earlier shiny black hard plastic as in 99-2002. The unit will work, just wont match...

stephen

Pre-facelift and the wrong part number so I doubt it would work.
    2003 White RS6 2013 Midnight Blue S5
    2013 Daytona RS5 2x944 Turbo's 1974 911 w/'91 3.6ltr motor
    Roy, WA

Quote Originally Posted by EINHORN View Post
    That's kinda cool...maybe some people can just ship their car to them

Where do you buy the stickers to put over the peeling one? @Stubro
    2003 Audi RS6 Daytona Grey
    2011 Volkswagen CC Deep Black Pearl

I got them on eBay. There are a few people that make them. Once I get them I will report back.

i don't know how stickers work, but buying a prefacelift AC panel was for me the best solution as they will never peel off again because they're not covered with that flaky rubberized paint. However, you need to get all the buttons from the pre-facelift unit and mounted into yours, is not a simple swap because the units are different, motherboards to be more precise.

An even cheaper solution, is to buy a prefacelift panel which is 1DIN, buttons are identical, except the ''off'' one which we don't have, but you could still use it as you know what it actually does, it is only a matter of icon being different but the function is ''auto recirc'.

There will be a very slight shade difference, as ours are soul black and the pf ones are gloss black, but barely noticeable.
    Ex.: 2004 Audi RS6 C5 ABT, Milltek non-resonated, 19" RS4 B7 rims, RNS-E - SOLD
    2004 AUdi RS6 C5, SE exhaust, RNS-E, 19' original rims - SOLD
    Now :2009 Audi RS6 C6 - stock yet pretty fast