Thread: Drivers Door - small door issue

Drivers Door - small door issue

OK so this is a weird issue that I have had for a while and it is driving me nuts. The small door at t he bottom of the drivers door is stuck open and wont close. Has anyone else had this issue? The dealer said it would require a full dor card replacement, which is nuts. I would like to fix it or if that doesn't work I am going to glue it shut. Thoughts? Ideas? I attached a picture, not my car, of the pocket I am talking about. Obviously this one is closed unlike mine Anyone else have this probolem?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	door.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	28.1 KB 
ID:	16059
    RS6 2003 Mugello , silver, carbon, Revo, KW3s, Hotchkis sway bars, Custom exhaust, Hawk HPS pads, RNS-E, Bluetooth, 19" BBS CH(Black)

I had the same thing happen. I found another map pocket on ebay (both the larger and smaller pockets are one piece) for about $25 and swapped it out in about 30min.

edit: here's one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Driver-Front...5bcfc7&vxp=mtr

Thanks! That was quick and easy. I guess when they told me I had to replace the door card I didn't bother to question it. Ordered!
    RS6 2003 Mugello , silver, carbon, Revo, KW3s, Hotchkis sway bars, Custom exhaust, Hawk HPS pads, RNS-E, Bluetooth, 19" BBS CH(Black)

Quote Originally Posted by stubro View Post
    Thanks! That was quick and easy. I guess when they told me I had to replace the door card I didn't bother to question it. Ordered!
    And now you know never to trust that dealer...most of them really. Sometimes it's just lack of knowledge or lack of time looking for a solution that isn't written in the book. There was a thread here last month dealing with this also I think, taking apart and lubing or something.
    Ace/Edge TC - Tozo Trans - MTM TCU - REVO/ME7 tune - Wagner IC's w/ Venair Hoses - Aux Radiator delete - Hotchkis Sways - Hawk HPS Pads - Koni Sport Struts - Scroll KO4 Turbos - Devil's Own WM - 421whp/452wtq on Mustang Dyno - http://www.audirssix.com

Thanks mine dealer has been a good one in general. Maybe this was the standard book answer. They didnt try to sell me a new one just told me to not waste the money on a new door card. Thanks I will look for the thread.

stubro, You're in Tampa? So am I. I don't think I have seen another RS6 here actually. We need to meet up some time. Do you go to Reeves or Crown?
    Current: 08 Mercedes CLK63 AMG Black Series, 08 Mercedes E63 AMG, 99 Mercedes C43 AMG, 02 Porsche 911 Turbo, 91 BMW 318IC (E30)
    Past: 03 Audi RS6, 01 Audi S4, 13 Audi S6, 99 BMW M3, 07 Audi RS4, 06 BMW M5, +

Reeves. South Tampa. We should get together. You can hear mine coming

Quote Originally Posted by stubro View Post
    Reeves. South Tampa. We should get together. You can hear mine coming
    I just moved from South Tampa to Land O Lakes in Sept. I will PM you contact info, I have a good group of Euro friends in Tampa.
    Current: 08 Mercedes CLK63 AMG Black Series, 08 Mercedes E63 AMG, 99 Mercedes C43 AMG, 02 Porsche 911 Turbo, 91 BMW 318IC (E30)
    Past: 03 Audi RS6, 01 Audi S4, 13 Audi S6, 99 BMW M3, 07 Audi RS4, 06 BMW M5, +